2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
What car(s) seem to be the go-to for Nations on Wednesday? I see a lot of F-Types on the leaderboard and some Vipers, but not sure how those fair during race conditions.

What car(s) seem to be the go-to for Nations on Wednesday? I see a lot of F-Types on the leaderboard and some Vipers, but not sure how those fair during race conditions.
Think nothing will need to refuel so it's a tyre wear issue. No idea what cars are best for tyres or even if a no stop is possible. I'm too hard on tyres so probably just take the GT-R and stop, but going to run a couple of tests first.

You still can pick out dirty drivers though, like Nigel Mansell who only passed cleanly by mistake.

tenor (1).gif

I didn’t do manu because I suck at Nurburgring 24 (and Nords).

When I did Nations at DTS, my first race was ruined by a scrub who divebombed me. I also died at the chicane as well.

My second race. I started P13. I would have finished p11, but...

I'm planning to use the Corvette at Fuji. I did a few laps of 1:47.9 in free practice with it, and I couldn't get to 1:48.0 with any of the other Gr 4 cars that I tried. I really like the Gr 4 Corvette, but haven't driven it much lately so I'm looking forward to spending some time in it this week.

I used to hate Fuji, but now I actually like it. I'm still slow there and have had no success (17 races, 0 top 5's!), but I like the mixture of power and finesse, fast and slow corners, and I especially like the fact that it is so wide and allows for running side-by-side and different lines. I still don't like sprint races there, but the longer races are fun because long-run consistency can still pay off even if you aren't real fast.

I will be pitting half way in the race. In some limited testing so far, my times were close in using no-stop vs. 1-stop, but the last 7 laps are so much more fun on fresh tires! Plus, it will be mentally encouraging if I see my lap times for the last 7 laps being faster than the first 7, especially on a track where I have struggled :). I've been running TCS 0 and BB 0 in practice and it feels pretty good.

manutd.jpeg

Think nothing will need to refuel so it's a tyre wear issue. No idea what cars are best for tyres or even if a no stop is possible. I'm too hard on tyres so probably just take the GT-R and stop, but going to run a couple of tests first.
The Gr.4 GT-R is the worst car in its class for tyre wear. And you'd be quicker getting out and running through the final sector.

The Gr.4 GT-R is the worst car in its class for tyre wear. And you'd be quicker getting out and running through the final sector.
Did a test and can do 7 laps easily, don't think there's a car I can do 14 with. Any suggestions? If it's so slow how come it's 3rd fastest? It's a car I'm good with so I will probably use it.

Did a test and can do 7 laps easily, don't think there's a car I can do 14 with. Any suggestions? If it's so slow how come it's 3rd fastest? It's a car I'm good with so I will probably use it.

McLaren 650. Buy it if you haven’t and go with that. Doesn’t feel like most other MR cars (think how a very slow single seater might feel. Neutral to slight understeer).

First slot with familiar drivers, including the aliases; nordschliefe
Poor Q result, but I managed 10th and took the points and ran
Felt bad for equus, bad luck bro
Glad I wasn’t stuck in the back, very filthy stuff

I thought you were in that second race too? Either way, always a pleasure Sir. :cheers:

View attachment 983937

After a full 14 lap race. Ran a 25:31 race time while short shifting (about 60% up the bar) early in the race. Still left .7 laps left on fuel, so easily left some time out there.

I ran a 25:19 no stop in the McLaren. 10secs faster than a 1 stop in the Viper.

Haven’t tested the Jag yet, but I can’t see it being better than the 650S.

Only remaining test is to see whether a McLaren no stop is quicker.

Good seeing @afc5150,
I'm 7th by lap 2. A Vantage that was ahead brakes way too late at the corner before the carousel and goes straight into the wall. I make my way past them as they try to recover. I maintain 6th until we approach the final straight, where that same Vantage goes for this very tight gap and makes contact with me, receiving a 2 second penalty:

Sharing because they called the penalty BS but what do you guys think? I flashed my headlights at them because to me, it felt like they pushed their way through.

To me that is lack of thought and clumsiness from the Vantage. Mini Karrasell is single file at best. You appeared to close the door and he still went for it. As mentioned waiting for the Dottinger would have been better.

Sorry that livery earns an auto punt from me. ;)

Is it just me that feels like the guns have stopped and its the final run to the thermal exhaust port once you reach the final straight on Nordschleife? Almost there...almost there...:lol:

View attachment 983996
You've switched off your targetting computer. Is everything o.k?

Back