2020 FIA Series Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Lion-Face

Lion-Face Premium

Never been a fan of the B variant of Sardegna, but the car seems competitive so looking forward to the top 16!

2. Redneckchef

Redneckchef

For good solid and fast driving I would recommend @Lion-Face stream for those watching. Otherwise I know some people are looking at other strategy so I'm going to wing it on a gut full of beer and pizza. Given up on having high hopes as I am consistently making silly errors, but for BS level racing (pun intended) I'll be showing mine too.
    Currently trying to figure out tires as I haven't run this car on this track yet.

3. Browneskii

Browneskii

I'm working late tonight so I've only got one chance at Sardines (thanks again PD!), getting late 18s in quali, mid or late 19s on soft race pace, late 19s on mediums and mid 20s on hards. Easily get to the end without refuelling as well.

I'm hoping people aren't good enough to be able to not refuel and I can pick up the pieces. Expecting one of them where I'm not quicker, but my strategy keeps me in play.

LVS_1986 and Pigems like this.
  4. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

The banked right hander (Turn 5) at Sardegna B is great for passing someone around the outside who is going defensive into the corner.

Unfortunately the same people who go defensive into the corner will just push you off on the left when exiting the corner. Really poor driving.

Razgriz2118, barak181, 05XR8 and 4 others like this.
  5. milehighmadd

milehighmadd

Heh. Looking mighty fine!

Lion-Face and Pigems like this.
  6. pennanton

pennanton

Haven't entered any slots yet. Is something other than the GTR viable at race pace? Probably my least favourite car going.

Pigems likes this.
  7. dylanlindgren

dylanlindgren

Nope, not in the top slot at least. Supra, Hurracan, Mazda, and Beetle made a showing in the races I've been in, but the GTR's dominated.

barak181, O604 and Pigems like this.
  8. Redneckchef

Redneckchef

Whelp, screwed that up, ran off twice because I simply spaced for no apparent reason and third time I hit the wall because of it. Could have been p10, but at least it was only my own mistakes. Definitely need to bother learning strategy at some point.:scared:

9. pennanton

pennanton

I'm usually a split or two below so best believe the meta will be abused. GTR it'll have to be.

Pigems likes this.
  10. Adam Barber

Adam Barber

Quick practice for the nation's race at Suzuka, going with the 911 as a simply prefer it at Suzuka. 8 laps looks like the most I can get out of the soft tyres but should be a lot less sketchy that the GT-R on those dates older tyres aswell. Hopefully I'll have a decent result as my DR is slightly in the toilet ATM.

barak181 and Pigems like this.
  11. Redneckchef

Redneckchef

So the 3 stop is viable at Suzuka since pit times are so short. As mistake prone as manufacturers race was, nations at Suzuka went well. Ballsed up qualifying but was still p14, with about 7 of us within a second. Ran 5 med, 1 hard, 5 soft twice. Was still running 2.00 lows almost all 10 laps on soft, so was really worth the extra pit. Was running the Beetle. Ended up trying to chase p10 down for the last 4 laps, every time I got close I would slide somewhere. Last lap I make a mad charge and absolutely nail 130r, pull alongside at the chicane and get ahead, but he nails a perfect cutback and we drag race to the line. Nipped him by 0.01! Finally finished top half of an FIA race. All said, both races, good and ugly were still 2nd most points I had all season so cant be too upset.

Funny, I am one of those freaks who like sardegna B, and I hate Suzuka. Got good returns from the track I hate and was almost useless at the one I like.

Good luck all in EMEA and Americas for your upcoming races!:cheers::sly::gtpflag:

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  12. Famine

Famine Administrator

Nations can lick it today - screw an effective one-make Gr.3 race around Suzuka - but I've got a practice free run room up for Manufacturers, at least until I go racing myself...

For now it's 0475 4378 0938 8413 2420

13. stpatty

stpatty

At least I've got my consistency down at Suzuka

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200516120033.jpg

barak181, GTWolverine, 05XR8 and 3 others like this.
  14. Rangeraus

Rangeraus

Connected to Top 16 Superstars which I am pretty happy about.

Went for a 3-stopper.

Started P15. Did 4 laps on Mediums to start, then switched to Softs. Worked out well as I had caught other Medium tyre runners by the end of the stint.

After this I refuelled and did 1 lap on hard tyres. Again this was fine. I then went for another soft tyre stint, where I immediately emerged from the pits in traffic which I had to battle for the rest of the race. Which was fun, and will hopefully look good on the stream, but it killed any chance of progressing further. Also picked up a 0.5 second penalty on the final corner which dropped me to P14.

Can't be too disappointed as I was 100% prepared to be disconnected before matchmaking.

Lion-Face, O604, 05XR8 and 4 others like this.
  15. Redneckchef

Redneckchef

After the :censored: show you have had trying to get connected it is good to see you managed to get in for a solid race.

SmokeyMR2 and Pigems like this.
  16. Rangeraus

Rangeraus

I wouldn't usually be content with P14 but given the circumstances it was a good result.

Also, 12 people disconnected (after matchmaking) from the first top split manufacturer slot, so a lot of people will have scored big points from that race where they otherwise would not have. I should check that I am still in Top 16 after that...

Redneckchef and Pigems like this.
  17. Sean YZF

Sean YZF

I'm at least 1sec per lap quicker in the GT-R than in any other car I've tried. Bit of a shame as I would prefer a selection of cars to choose from and race against.
    Not very familiar with Sardenga so highly unlikely I'll be competitive enough there. Going to run a few laps to see if I can get up to speed and build a rhythm up.

18. Adam Barber

Adam Barber

What on earth happened lap 4?

Pigems likes this.
  19. stpatty

stpatty

Oh I don't remember now. I think I hit the grass somewhere and gave up when it spun.

Pigems and Adam Barber like this.
  20. TeddyWestside

TeddyWestside

Going to see a lot of the GT-R today as I'm signed to Nissan this season! whether that helps...:D

14 of us in them at race 1...

Pigems likes this.
  21. GR33N

GR33N

Thanks guys, I didn't have enough time to test too much so I'm now entering 1st slot in the... GT-R :p

There's an AMG and an R8 amongst 18 Nissans, let's see how it goes.

Good luck everyone!

Redneckchef, Pigems and watto79 like this.
  22. LVS_1986

LVS_1986

I ruined Nations race all by myself:) Q12 so strted on hards, first corner Im out, come back on track and again Im out on esses, now Im ladt with 11s loss to car in front of me... Pitted for meds on L2, than softs on L6 and fuel up, and softs on L11. Finished 9th! So this strategy was good, only I was bad.. 94pts... Definetely will try again, just stay on track;) BTW cold hards feel like driving on tyres made of jelly or pudding

Redneckchef, Teggert205 and Pigems like this.
  23. Sean YZF

Sean YZF

Entered 1st Nations slot. Mostly up against other GT-R's, couple of Porsches a AMG and a 4C or two.
    Held up in qualifying, as usual, managed P9 at start with 16 on the door.
    1st corner a couple mess up and I enter the S's 3rd, lost a place at the hairpin avoiding P2, the Porsche goes through on lap 4 ish due to me messing up the final chicane. Went with 6S 4M 5S 1H.
    The Porsche span out so I inherited 4th managed to hold that position until the chequered flag. Gained 1k DR so one and done at Suzuka :cheers:

Pigems and LVS_1986 like this.
  24. watto79

watto79

2pm Nations in an A+ lobby. P4 taken by an Atenza and P5 by a Beetle. Don't feel obliged to go with the GTR. There are alternatives :)

Fun race. Maybe should have started on mediums instead of softs but you can never really tell how it may have gone.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200516145011.jpg

25. The_Tullster

The_Tullster

No Manufacturers' for me today, only had time for two of the time slots and got a "Disconnected from network" on both, one at "Matching" and the other after warmup but before Q. :boggled: :grumpy:

26. ivann

ivann

disconnect

Pigems likes this.
  27. FUNanywhere

FUNanywhere

Got rammed by same guy twice in a race. Absolute idiot. He himself was running at P5 at lap 12, i see no point at all. Absolute idiot.

From P2 to P15.

Gonna try last time, if next race isnt clean then bye bye FIA. Shove it up your.....PD.

Very irritated by this game now. You cant play with friends coz pit bug and sport mode is filled with idiots who dont get reprimanded. No point spending time with this game.

28. VulcanSpirit

VulcanSpirit

Disconnected from the 15:20 Manu before matchmaking had even started.

Can't remember the last Sport Mode disconnect I've had which makes it especially frustrating for me.

29. ivann

ivann

luckily we only have to wait 2 and a half hours for next slot

30. Granadier

Granadier

Agreed on all points. These are nicely ordered in severity as well imo. The short race length is what causes the 3-compound requirements to be so jarring when it comes to race flow.

Kermit_2142, RacingGrandpa and Pigems like this.