2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
Gr.4 FORD GT '17? Why not? The Huracan was bonkers a couple years ago(?). PD just press a button and any car can be the META.

I'm just saying, many of the current cars are oooooolllld. Only the Supra, Mustang, M4 and F-Type, are up to date to current real world GT4 models.

GT-R & NSX are the only two that can get away with being fairly new. I believe PD have updated GR.4 models.
With the six cars I mentioned above, the 4C, Cayman, Scirocco, RCZ, TT and both Meganes, Huracan, Veyron and Citroen, could remain as is. That's 16 out if 28. We've seen PD add 12 cars in an update. Wouldn't be unusual to see PD bless us with 12 newish GR.4 cars, for the next season, while we wait for GT7.

Yeah a BOP adjustment doesn't cost anything, compared to modelling cars. Still, we got a brand spanking new "GT3" machine. GTS FIA Manu, could go out with a bang, featuring new GR.4 cars. ;)

So they’ve made the FFs more powerful but heavier so maybe that will make a difference? Taken even more power off the 4C though?

It’s the GR3 I find odd. I wouldn’t have said that the genesis or RCF needed nerfing.
I think that the FF cars will have even worse tyrewear now. That would make certain races more interesting as FF cars will need more pitstops then the others?

I don't think anything will change. I doubt more power= more spinning front tyres. 36kgs is heavy, but adding power to these cars, in this game... probably won't slow them down.
It totally killed the Gr4 Mercedes when they added 15 kg to it. The TT got 68...

It's tires will burn in the corners now. And they might even overheat when in a race with no tire wear.

Last edited:
It totally killed the Gr4 Mercedes when they added 15 kg to it. The TT got 68...

It's tires will burn in the corners now. And they might even overheat when in a race with no tire wear.
It got 68kgs, but it's still less that what the RCZ used to be and that is a fast car. TT handles better that the RCZ. As does the Scirocco over the RCZ.

The AMG is still 300kgs more than the FFs. We'll see.

We've all seen the difference in qualifying pace versus race pace in the game, and that comes down entirely to the difference in fuel weight.

If PD are using realistic weights for fuel and we assume 100% = 100L, a full tank of fuel weighs around ~75 kilos. So that's how much weight is put on when going from quali to race and on some tracks that adds 1 second to your laptimes.

The TT gained almost all of that weight in base weight, the fuel is then added on top of that. It'll for sure make a difference even with the added power. Even if we assume PD uses a 1:1 weight/volume ratio for fuel the TT still gained 68% of a tank of fuel in weight. Think that's not going to make a difference?

It got 68kgs, but it's still less that what the RCZ used to be and that is a fast car. TT handles better that the RCZ. As does the Scirocco over the RCZ.

The AMG is still 300kgs more than the FFs. We'll see.
15kg added a big chunk of time to the AMG's lap times - I know, I was driving the Mercs when it happened and it added half a second around Spa. Believe me the TTs have been killed. They're going to be half a second or more slower on a typical track as well as being harder on fuel and tyres. It'll still have the capability to qualify up front, staying there will be another matter entirely

We've all seen the difference in qualifying pace versus race pace in the game, and that comes down entirely to the difference in fuel weight.

If PD are using realistic weights for fuel and we assume 100% = 100L, a full tank of fuel weighs around ~75 kilos. So that's how much weight is put on when going from quali to race and on some tracks that adds 1 second to your laptimes.

The TT gained almost all of that weight in base weight, the fuel is then added on top of that. It'll for sure make a difference even with the added power. Even if we assume PD uses a 1:1 weight/volume ratio for fuel the TT still gained 68% of a tank of fuel in weight. Think that's not going to make a difference?
I don't think it will.

15kg added a big chunk of time to the AMG's lap times - I know, I was driving the Mercs when it happened and it added half a second around Spa. Believe me the TTs have been killed. They're going to be half a second or more slower on a typical track as well as being harder on fuel and tyres. It'll still have the capability to qualify up front, staying there will be another matter entirely

I'm thinking about setting up a Gr3/Gr4 race this evening if anybody wants to run one back from previous season...

I'm thinking RBR short Gr4 where the TT cup was META and maybe Monza Gr3 where the Viper was the META just to see how they stack up now.
The better FF tyre/fuel test, would be DTS & DTS II: Race B & Race C Combo. Also, a Race A Autopolis run, to see which FF is fastest.

Or, just try the recent Laguna Seca Race C Combo.

I don't think it will.

The better FF tyre/fuel test, would be DTS & DTS II: Race B & Race C Combo. Also, a Race A Autopolis run, to see which FF is fastest.

Or, just try the recent Laguna Seca Race C Combo.

If I wanted to test Manufacturers yes, there are better tracks to test. My Manufacturer stayed the same though so it's more of a comparison to see how they'd stack up if races were rerun on current BOP.

I ran Gr4 at RBR to open the season and the TT cup was META by far especially in qualifying.

Monza no chicane I also ran and the Viper was the class of the field especially if it got paired up with another Viper.

Plus these races were shorter and I doubt most people have time to run back to back longer races.

If I wanted to make up my own combo with my own made up multipliers I'd go to different track and just test solo car by car.

Last edited:
If I wanted to test Manufacturers yes, there are better tracks to test. My Manufacturer stayed the same though so it's more of a comparison to see how they'd stack up if races were rerun on current BOP.

I ran Gr4 at RBR to open the season and the TT cup was META by far especially in qualifying.

Monza no chicane I also ran and the Viper was the class of the field especially if it got paired up with another Viper.

Plus these races were shorter and I doubt most people have time to run back to back longer races.

If I wanted to make up my own combo with my own made up multipliers I'd go to different track and just test solo car by car.
It get the shorter races.
Not even Manufacturers or making up your combos. These are the recent races, where Sport Mode players are choosing the METAs for the week. The TT was META at LS Race C. The RCZ was META at RBR GP & Monza Race B. At Autopolis, there are FF only races where it's usually the Scirocco is top performer.

I rarely see FFs in my Manu races(A/S). If top 16, S/S, A+, players are using Audi, maybe that's why I don't see them - with Emily Jones probably being one I can name off the top of my head.

It get the shorter races.
Not even Manufacturers or making up your combos. These are the recent races, where Sport Mode players are choosing the METAs for the week. The TT was META at LS Race C. The RCZ was META at RBR GP & Monza Race B. At Autopolis, there are FF only races where it's usually the Scirocco is top performer.

I rarely see FFs in my Manu races(A/S). If top 16, S/S, A+, players are using Audi, maybe that's why I don't see them - with Emily Jones probably being one I can name off the top of my head.

I'll probably just stick to doing my own testing let other people test out the dailies

Audi TT has less weight and more power :confused:

EDIT It got more power but MORE weight. I miss read the table. That might be better actually as it's quite a bit more weight.
Every single time they've adjusted the BoP for FF cars it has involved either less power + less weight or more power + more weight. They need to try out less power + more weight for once.

Or just delete them from the game.

Last edited:
Anyone know what's going on here?

https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gtsport/sportmode/championship/2730/schedule

Seems like it is there for testing or maintenance because you can't see this in-game.

Whatever it was, it's gone now. I'm just getting the time trials when I click on the link. Did you manage to grab a screenshot?

Edit:
I did see this when I clicked through to the Manu championship link:

Manu Test.png

Obviously, it just has to be some sort of placeholder or something as the the dates are passed and it only has two rounds with no details.

Last edited:
Back