2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
I mean for me personally, 1 shot or alternatively an entry limit system. Lets say there's 6 rounds now so you have 8 entries available to you, once used up they are used up.

Yes something like that would be a good compromise, giving people some redos but not just keep trying till they get it right. We also should be limited to a max per event too though, especially since Australia only get 3 slots why should we be able to go 6 times in the same event?

Keep up the good work, watching your vids nearly makes me just really bad.

This is incomprehensible to me. If they bring ba k single try then what's the problem with more slots? As they are now most grown-ups with family can't participate in the Saturday races in EMEA where the last race is 20:20.
If it's going to be single try I don't see the harm in more slots unless you are afraid of people getting too spread out

Would indeed like to see more slots as so many people, like me, do not work 9 to 5 and now often miss out off the chance to race. Coming series I can only do two or three races, and then only if I can get home in time....
Would really like to see also slots at see arond 2300 hrs and perhaps also earlier. so spread out in about a 10 to 11 hour period so that everybody gets a chance.

As for multiple attempts; I like the pressure of only having one chance.
Have to say that a few times I have done a second race, because of disconnections or dissapointing incidents in the previous race, but these are the exceptions. I know some people like to do several races for fun and I see no point to deny them their pleasure

I have had races that were so much fun that I did them again on my alt account, like last Series Nordschleife race and Lagio Maggiore Center....

I just feel like the FIA lost it's magic with multiple tries. I mean I literally got disconnected at the final round of 2018 where I had a very, very good chance to qualify Peugeot and even with that I prefer 1 shot. I also feel like it helps people with jobs and/or time differences and such as I must admit coming in and playing against someone who's already done 4 slots is a tad frustrating!

I mean for me personally, 1 shot or alternatively an entry limit system. Lets say there's 6 rounds now so you have 8 entries available to you, once used up they are used up.

I would wait until later in the day to race but when I started to realise some of the guys you in the mix with had already done multiple races already that day as trying to get it right it was annoying. I only once did 3 races in the past, first race for some reason I was in with DR S + A's as a D for some strange reason and got rightly hammered and finished last then the 2nd race got rammed off the track at the 1st corner and never got back up the field. No I only run once and if it's a clean run and I have done my best and happy I don't bother going again. The first race too seems to always have people who don't use the correct tyres if required so I will take the easy places if they are that lazy not to read the race details.

Well a new day and a new FIA season, didn't get up for 1st slot so on with 2nd. 68 points on offer yet got a guy with 60 and another with 55 playing?????? It's all B/S which is good and I managed a decent Q5. What a dirty race, but managed to hold my own until lap 10 when some idiot punted me at the chicane, which IRL would have been OK as I would have only lost a sec or 2, but here I get reset and lose 3 places. Should have got 5th ended up 7th and 51 points. Deserve another go, but can't and point in last race usually suck anyway.
Pen system status update: It doesn't work everyone just barges everyone out of the way, hardly any contact pens (saw 1 for an accident on 1st corner) just some track limit pens, mostly not the deserving ones either. So far in FIA I'd say it's a joke and the winner is going to be the one with the biggest elbows.

Holy Wreckfest Batman!
Just did 2nd slot Oceania with our 'eagle' eyed friend, a kung fu fan and an old academic. Also had some friends in there, like @D_Dragline. It was a total demo derby in the pack.
Door 18, get a 0.5 track limit penalty on my first hot lap so both were ugly, but qualified p17 as 1 person quit. Not super excited as me and this car are enemies, but hopeful.

Start and there is some barging, pushing and penalties. I gain a few spots lap 1. Same continues, then I settle into a mid pack grouping and just hang on. Trying to not battle unless I really need to go on order to preserve my tires. I have 1 accidental bump of our ninja exiting the final turn, but give him room. He proceeds to door slam me a few times and brake check me, as well as pushing me wide at dunlop. I ignore it all and just cruise.

Pit end of lap 8 for RM and come out p15, but right behind several cars. They proceed to go batpoop nuts. 2 of them have a massive battle wrecking them both, including a spin out on the main straight. I pass another straight up, then pass ninja with a slight side tap on dunlop. He decides to go nuclear but ends up taking out the other guy at the chicane. I am cruising and figuring it is p11 for me when on the last lap the 2 in front have at it into turn 1, 1 person gets a penalty, they dont like it and at the 90degree left they kill the other one at full speed.
A rather exciting but sort of surprising and undeserved p9.

With the new penalty system, baby those tires, keep it calm and keep your head on a swivel. They gettin crazy out here.:cheers:

Holy Wreckfest Batman!
Just did 2nd slot Oceania with our 'eagle' eyed friend, a kung fu fan and an old academic. Also had some friends in there, like @D_Dragline. It was a total demo derby in the pack.
Door 18, get a 0.5 track limit penalty on my first hot lap so both were ugly, but qualified p17 as 1 person quit. Not super excited as me and this car are enemies, but hopeful.

Start and there is some barging, pushing and penalties. I gain a few spots lap 1. Same continues, then I settle into a mid pack grouping and just hang on. Trying to not battle unless I really need to go on order to preserve my tires. I have 1 accidental bump of our ninja exiting the final turn, but give him room. He proceeds to door slam me a few times and brake check me, as well as pushing me wide at dunlop. I ignore it all and just cruise.

Pit end of lap 8 for RM and come out p15, but right behind several cars. They proceed to go batpoop nuts. 2 of them have a massive battle wrecking them both, including a spin out on the main straight. I pass another straight up, then pass ninja with a slight side tap on dunlop. He decides to go nuclear but ends up taking out the other guy at the chicane. I am cruising and figuring it is p11 for me when on the last lap the 2 in front have at it into turn 1, 1 person gets a penalty, they dont like it and at the 90degree left they kill the other one at full speed.

With the new penalty system, baby those tires, keep it calm and keep your head on a swivel. They gettin crazy out here.:cheers:

What an absolutely bizarre race it was. I did minimal practice and it showed. Couldn’t hook up a decent lap to save myself and I do not like that car.

But, the aggravation around me was off the charts. I got pushed wide by the Kung fu master and the academic but boy oh boy the Eagle and his combatant took things to a whole new level. Blocking, punting, door bashing and brake checking, all within half a lap. The really worrying thing was they both finished with a blue S.

I finished p15 and won’t go again. Be careful out there everyone, it’s gang warfare.

By the way @Redneckchef it was good to be battling beer brands. :cheers:

Last edited:
What an absolutely bizarre race it was. I did minimal practice and it showed. Couldn’t hook up a decent lap to save myself and I do not like that car.

But, the aggravation around me was off the charts. I got pushed wide by the Kung fu master and the academic but boy oh boy the Eagle and his combatant took things to a whole new level. Blocking, punting, door bashing and brake checking, all within half a lap. The really worrying thing was they both finished with a blue S.

I finished p15 and won’t go again. Be careful out there everyone, it’s gang warfare.

Mine was a garbage beer to bring up the way I feel about that car. I saw you in a black car, I think, but wasnt sure as I started around a John Player Special as well. Always good to share the track with you.👍

Mine was a garbage beer to bring up the way I feel about that car. I saw you in a black car, I think, but wasnt sure as I started around a John Player Special as well. Always good to share the track with you.👍
Well, I was trying to be polite but yeah, not a beer I drink.

I was in a black and yellow Coopers Stout livery. I’ll be running with Coopers team racing all FIA.

Holy Wreckfest Batman!

This is one time I hate being right! I said on Tuesday after the update to the system it would all go to hell but hoped I was wrong and I think so many pointed out that once the crazy drivers gained SR-S it would be like this. It's survival of the dirtiest drivers now. Shame really, as bad and all as the penalty system was this has gone too far the other direction.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, has the pit stop time been extended at all tracks?
I don't know if anyone has confirmed this, is Laguna Seca 3 weeks now as that one was long enough before. I agree that some were too short, but some seemed right before. So I'm trying LC now, but can't remember the loss before 23 till in and about a 22 loss. Think it was 16 before so think they've done a good job.

Holy Wreckfest Batman!

It came out on Game Pass last week for console, been playing it since, guess a lot of people have...today should be fun! :D

Out of curiosity, has the pit stop time been extended at all tracks?

Yes, in the latest update this week they extented all pit times to be much longer, presumably to prevent people burning hard tyres in a single lap. I think I heard the times are all 10 secs longer now which will actually restrict viable strategies to just one or two optimal ways.

Was really tempted to go to Ford or Aston Martin but could not get myself to depart from good, old Peugeot, so sticking with them...again.

Livery is based on the colours and sponsors of my favourite footballteam, currently a pretty poor performing midd league two team. The main shirtsponsor is a health insurance company that gives their room on the shirt away to charity, in this case the "Esther Vergeer Foundation".
She is a succesfull paralympic athlete and totally awesome person that has a foundation that raises money and awareness for children with a disability to be able to practice their sports....a noble cause imo.

Looking forward to the season, liking the new pitstop principle, even though it might not be in my advantage? (for the Gr4 FF Peugeot)

Wish all here the best of luck in both Nations and Manufacturers!!!

upload_2021-2-27_13-34-55.png

upload_2021-2-27_13-33-19.png

Was really tempted to go to Ford or Aston Martin but could not get myself to depart from good, old Peugeot, so sticking with them...again.

Livery is based on the colours and sponsors of my favourite footballteam, currently a pretty poor performing midd league two team. The main shirtsponsor is a health insurance company that gives their room on the shirt away to charity, in this case the "Esther Vergeer Foundation".
She is a succesfull paralympic athlete and totally awesome person that has a foundation that raises money and awareness for children with a disability to be able to practice their sports....a noble cause imo.

Looking forward to the season, liking the new pitstop principle, even though it might not be in my advantage? (for the Gr4 FF Peugeot)

Wish all here the best of luck in both Nations and Manufacturers!!!

View attachment 994468

View attachment 994467

Nice livery. Is that Excelsior? As a part time gambling man, was always guaranteed money for a goal fest in Dutch Div 1 Friday night games :lol: Good luck for the season!

Nice livery. Is that Excelsior? As a part time gambling man, was always guaranteed money for a goal fest in Dutch Div 1 Friday night games :lol: Good luck for the season!

indeed it is. You would have made a lot of money gambling on crazy scores!!
I have seen so many games in the first part of last season wondering if it was actually football I was watching :lol:
Was at the stadium when they won 3-1, 6-4, 5-4, 4-2,and 5-2, draw 3-3, amd losing 1-3.
Save to say we did not exaclty had the best defence....:banghead:
At least i got my moneys worth,....concidering the number of goals.

Now we're in Europe and hoping for a clean race, OK forget that hoping not to get punted. Door 15 and only 60 points up for grabs need 4th or 5th to keep up with my Oz alter ego. Q12 OK but didn't get a good lap, got a pen on outlap and 1st was still better than 2nd :irked: Never mind I can make this work. Well that was fun, bumper cars for 2 laps then someone dives into the chicane obviously can't turn until they're nearly stopped and I spin him off getting 3 secs, then after serving the pen I get rammed and get another sec. I quit and I don't know if I'll try again, this is worse than the oversensitive pens, at least then some players tried to avoid contact now it's just which car should I hit to get round the corner quickest.

Just had a fairly clean Nation's race surprisingly, got Pole and after a stupid track limit penalty when I was watching what was behind me and not the track chasing in 2nd until pitstop and a fairly clean battle to get back up to 3rd but outbraked myself into the 1st corner and ended up spinning because I cut too close to the grass on the wide swing I took. The guy I was fighting I had passed already and should have waited but you know what it's like why race if your not trying. Anyway finished 9th and to 2 demoted to 18th & 18th for not using both tyres. I had managed to cut out the silly mistakes and I guess it was just that it was the first Nations race and knew I was in with a shout at the win, anyway it was fun, everyone had a penalty marker at the end but all that I seen where track limits and no one moaning in the lobby after. Not going again just the one will do this time.

Last edited:
What a great race.
Put in a couple of laps of practice after a couple of podiums in Race A to gain a smidge of DR. Was pleasantly surprised to knock a load of time off and go half a second ahead of @Norrin Radd on my leaderboad. :D

Mucked up TGR on my first qualifying run. Still set a time for 6th which became 7th before I crossed the line on my second run to go up to 5th on the grid with a purple 1st sector.
Got a bad start off the line as I hit the limiter a couple of times. Everyone seemed to be tidy into TGR and I settled into 7th but a couple of people span out through Toyotoys 100R. Of course there was a divebomb into Dunlop which cost me a couple of places. However penalties and a better line through Panasonic gave me them back. I settled in behind a Czech driver who drove a very clean race. I think he saw I wasn't going to divebomb into Advan and knew we could trust each other. Pitted on lap 6 alongside other drivers around me. Came back out in 10th and by the time those ahead pitted I was into 4th. I passed the Czech driver with my better line out of Panasonic and even though he had the chance to he didn't slip up the inside of TGR. He may of realised I was slightly quicker. The Italian on Pole who span out lap 1 caught up and passed me. (Not going to fight that one.)
Lap 10 and they got another penalty for cutting Coca Cola. Then they spun it going up the hill and I was into 3rd. Lap 11 and 2nd pits again. (Obviously they didn't realise the pit times had been extended or were stupid.) This gave me 2nd where I stayed when I crossed the line.
20210227_144323.jpg

I would like to dedicate this podium to @roamingbard13 who's tips really helped me tame the car and get my laptimes up. Raced a really good race with little trouble from the car and very consistent which no doubt helped me get a good result.

Well that was **** :lol:

Qualified... uuhhhh... 8th? One guy jumped the start by six hours. Three cars just straight up bowled into turn one, and I got a 1s penalty for it (*shrug*), so @LVS_1986 @Zolon32 and I basically sat 18th, 19th, and 20th after the first lap. Gained a bunch of places due to tossers taking each other out on purpose. 88 pointless points.

Attempt one was interesting, I set a poor slipstream less lap in quali for a 1:52.5 and started 12th. Lap 1 and admittedly a good start was all for nothing as a 0.5 second penalty for track limits sent me down to 14th. Spent the rest of the race attempting not to get murdered by one car in particular. 17th and 45 points in the end, here's hoping attempt 2 is better.

Qualified 3rd while bearing door number 19 in a low A rated lobby. Then, this happened:

The guy who hit me got slapped with a 3 second penalty and apologized in the post race chat. I managed to fight my way back from 17th to 6th and am therefore still happy with the result :cheers: The final overtake happened on the last corner. I had been closing in on the Frenchman for quite a while, probably thanks to fresher tyres. I switched from Mediums to Hards at the end of lap 7.

EvPdwdQWgAIkt0o

EvPdwycXEAUuD73

Last edited:
Nations Cup - Rd1

Well, I did not like the new penalty system and this combination is screaming disaster.

Qualified P5 after putting a 50.6 and lost 2 positions after a pretty messy T1. Then the first 4-5 laps were just a continuous battle and shoving, everybody got the elbows out, including me - wanted to survive. I managed in lap5 to get in front of a pack in P4 and then managed to break away a bit. In lap 6 I pitted for Hards but got a 0.5s penalty for track limits and pretty much ruined my undercut. Lost a position, and then the whole stint was pretty much a solo race, finishing P5. 207 points, enough.

Back