2020 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 678 comments
Wiz
#3 livery reveal

qL5vAvf.png

This thing better be in the February or March GT Sport update. I love this so much

Some Lamborghini liveries were unveiled today.

GEAR Racing #19

gear1.jpg

Grasser-Magnus #44

In typical Magnus fashion, they made the unveil more entertaining.

“With Magnus Racing broken up, I thought the car should reflect the new wedding that is GRT Magnus: something old (the drivers and Flex-Box), something new (GRT), something borrowed (the GRT crew), and something blue.”

grt22.jpg

Finally the Paul Miller #48

Two of of those look pretty solid, but the Lambo has great lines for most liveries - they just work well on the car.

It is the case, but it's an odd one. I guess the Japanese fiscal year runs through....March or something bizarre? Basically Joest/Mazda are still a thing on paper until....Sebring? The work behind the actual scenes is already being handled/done by Multimatic and that started last year more or less.

So for appearances sake, and honoring their contract, Joest/Mazda will exist for the first couple races until the contract properly expires. It's been a month since I heard the explanation on a podcast but that's the short version. Someone can probably elaborate for me.

PS: Is the white Mazda the new livery, or is that a customer car? I thought I had heard a rumour about a Mazda customer car at some point?

Unless something has changed, 77 is definitely a Mazda "works" number.

An interesting little snippet was in the Sportscar 365 Notebook.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/daytona-thursday-notebook-9/
Entries for the WeatherTech Sprint Cup are heating up, with at least three additional cars likely, including a possible Acura NSX GT3 Evo. The expanded eight-round season kicks off at Long Beach in April.

2/3 are likely Compass and Park Place, but the potential Acura entry is interesting. RealTime seems to be the most likely as they have said a return/expansion to IMSA was in the cards (albeit with a TCR, not a GT3), Gradient also seems possible as they've yet to announce anything for 2020. Racers Edge also runs the NSX in the SRO series, but they seem focused on expanding there.

A completely new team is also an obvious possibility, but that's not as fun to speculate about. :P

With so many talented IMSA drivers without a solid ride this season, it'd be easy to replace him - but I know he brings the money, etc. That would truly suck if they can't make it because of such a minor thing.

With so many talented IMSA drivers without a solid ride this season, it'd be easy to replace him - but I know he brings the money, etc. That would truly suck if they can't make it because of such a minor thing.
Yeah I think Dalla Lana was funding a huge chunk of that program. If he pulls funding due to the fact that he can’t compete, they’ll be in trouble

Just pay the less than $2/mo it costs for NBC Gold.

Yeah $20 for the whole season is a pretty good deal considering how much they are including. I paid twice that for the IndyCar pass last year and that didn't even have live race coverage of the primary series (hopefully that changes this year).

Back