2020 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 678 comments
Either the BoP is horribly messed up and the #55 is just sandbagging, or Mazda absolutely nailed the setup on the #77. :eek:

Edit: Also, I like the sound & vision setup for commercial breaks on Track Pass.

Edit 2: I forgot Rutledge was on NBC. :yuck:

Either the BoP is horribly messed up and the #55 is just sandbagging, or Mazda absolutely nailed the setup on the #77. :eek:

Edit: Also, I like the sound & vision setup for commercial breaks on Track Pass.
I have a feeling you're actually seeing NBC's coverage because during the race yesterday you could here a lot of crickets.
I'm watching both currently and they are the same setup. We'll see at 6PM maybe.

And the Porsche is butt ugly, IMO.

D24h map.png

Got this out of Daytona Speedways official website. Use as you see fit.

From the roof cam on that C8-R it sounds like a vacuum cleaner.
In person it's so disappointing, you cant even really hear it in the field with other cars. And the Porsche RSR's absolutely silence it because they are so loud. If you close your eyes when the C8R goes by you cant tell what it is because it sounds like every other car. It sounds similar to the quiet Ferrari 488 (the 458's sounded great until they went turbo with the 488). Even the AMG GT GTD is more throaty and loud. Its depressing as I love the sound of racecars and plays an big role in it for me.
:(

Atleast it's not as bad as the BMW GTLM's they almost sound electric hybrid they're so quiet.

Last edited:
I have a feeling you're actually seeing NBC's coverage because during the race yesterday you could here a lot of crickets.

I think they were having technical difficulties yesterday as it was silence during the first half or so but after awhile they had sound during the breaks (granted, GT4 and TCR cars are pretty quiet, so there wasn't tons of it).

Just noticed this when the Mazdas and Caddys went to the pits: the small led-display that normally shows position, counted up time stayed on pits.

Both Mazda and Caddy showed 31 once they were released to the track.

The less entries and smaller grid size is definitely noticeable while each class goes by and much bigger gaps where no cars are going past me. GTD is the only one that seems ok.

Anyone know where I could find on-board feeds? The Imsa.tv site says click below to change feeds but there is none to select.

Also, @Organ-Donor, whose organs have you donated to collect so many cars?
Check the manufacturer sites, Corvette nearly always does theirs and I think Mazda has in the past also, probably your best bet if they are not on IMSA

Going to take a minute to get used to the C8. Looks very busy, compared to the C7.
I've been a Corvette Racing fan ever since the C5.R and I'm really disappointed in the looks and sound of the C8.R. It should be faster and better handling being mid engine though.

#25 having with a major delay getting the right front tire off. Lugnut wouldn't come off.

That wheel nut was insane. Those airguns put out serious amounts of torque

From the roof cam on that C8-R it sounds like a vacuum cleaner.
Yeah, they mentioned that's because of the change in engine placement. Obviously a mic in front of the engine is gonna pick up intake sounds if anything.

---

The Ferrari can barely even keep up with the Corvette in its slipstream. Did they destroy it with a BoP change before the race?

---

The 911 and 912 cars racing back to back right now is giving me serious flashbacks to the C7.R 1+2 finish from Daytona 2016

Last edited:
Yeah, they mentioned that's because of the change in engine placement. Obviously a mic in front of the engine is gonna pick up intake sounds if anything.
I'm at the race and can confirm it does indeed sound very weak. The deep thunderous roar is completely gone.

Last edited:
Before quali IIRC.
Good point, I remember them mentioning during quali last night now. The Ferrari was way behind the pace. Surprised they didn't readjust because of that before the race actually started today.

I'm at the race and can confirm it does indeed sound like a vacuum cleaner. The deep thunderous roar is completely gone.
Aww that sucks. Has the new RSR-19 replaced it at the top of the noise scale now?

Enjoy the race! Envious of you being there in person.

Aww that sucks. Has the new RSR-19 replaced it at the top of the noise scale now?

Enjoy the race! Envious of you being there in person.
Yeah the RSR 911's scream and are the loudest cars here, they sound great.

Thanks, I come every year and 12 hours of Sebring, wouldn't miss it for the world.

Back