2020 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 678 comments
Pipo getting hot headed now :rolleyes:. If nothing penalty wise comes out of that move then I don't what to say....

Edit: #31 with a problem now, karma perhaps?

Last edited:
Yea, #31 needed to be penalised, not that it matters now they've done themselves in with a mechanical issue of some sort. Also I don't want to jinx it, but both Mazda's are leading 1 and 2 👍.

Last edited:
Granted I don’t want them wrecking each other...
I don’t want that either. My favorite driver in the series got dumped from the lead. But other than that it’s been non stop action!

Another fantastic race, in many ways I feel Sebring should be the season finisher if this was anything to go by. Great way to end the season, especially in a difficult year where it looked like we might not have had anything at all. Cements why I like this series so much, glad to properly get into it when I did a few years ago 👍.

Awesome way to end the season, with a #55 win and a Mazda double podium. A near perfect podium with the #6 finishing 2nd bringing the Manufacturers championship home for Acura in the process.

Better yet that Penske sign Acura sign off with the drivers title, Helio finally gets his Penske title! Was so tightly fought between the Cadillac's. Bodes well for next year, especially between the #31 and all the Acuras. Hopefully with less of the desperate moves though please Pipo :lol:.

Feels bad that the #25 BMW was punted out of a win in the end, a strong season from RLL, even with some of the shoulda-woulda-coulda results that got away in the year. Fair do to Porsche for ending with a 1-2, their presence from GTLM will be missed next year when all is said and done. While I'm no Corvette fan, congrats to them for dominating the championship like they did, the new C8 and that team worked like a well oiled machine for most of the year. Just wish we still had the Fords to battle them. With the C8 going MR it would have been the perfect battle...

And better yet as an Acura/Honda fan, the #86 MSR Acura takes the title in GTD and Acura win the manufacturers I believe too? GTD was as close as ever, highlighted by the 4 different winners in the 4 big endurance races. Roll on next year 👍

Last edited:
Surprising one for me, I thought they would go for Catsburg, Fassler, or maybe Van der Zande.

It's crazy how many great drivers are looking for rides this silly season.

Let me just say that I'm proud for all of the winners overall and in class from the 2020 12 Hours of Sebring. I was also proud for any champions crowned after Sebring as well. I saw most of the race and was very much entertained. Crazy how 2020 has gone. Yet still, we've seen some great racing all the while from central Florida.

Has there been any news with Rick Ware Racing entering 2 LMP2s? It seems there are two on the entry list for next year, but no real news set out.

Back