2020 Kia Optima

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by GranTurNismo, Nov 12, 2019.

1. GranTurNismo

GranTurNismo Premium

The sixth-generation Kia Optima was officially unveiled today in Korea as the Kia K5. It is longer, wider, and lower than its predecessor. The US version of this car will likely look exactly the same and be unveiled at the LA auto show later this year:

upload_2019-11-12_17-55-41.png

upload_2019-11-12_17-55-46.png

upload_2019-11-12_17-55-57.png

upload_2019-11-12_17-56-7.png

Here's my take. It would look much better with a typical sedan roofline. The whole coupe-like roofline trend plaguing the non-luxury sedan market needs to go. A 5-door liftback, as un-American as it sounds, would make much more sense. It's obvious the new Optima took lots of styling cues from the Audi A5 Sportback and VW Arteon. I also see some Chevy Malibu in its design, which is not exactly flattering. The front lights are also a bit weird and out-of-place looking. But overall, it's not bad and certainly an improvement over the outgoing Optima. I bet it'll sell pretty well.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1125974_2021-kia-optima-previewed-by-wild-new-kia-k5

2. ROAD_DOGG33J

ROAD_DOGG33J Premium

I like it. It has a slight hint of Dodge Charger to me, but it looks great.

bremics likes this.
  3. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Next week. ;)

GranTurNismo likes this.
  4. GranTurNismo

GranTurNismo Premium

Didn't realize it's already almost the end of November. I'm still in the mode of thinking summer just ended!

5. Eunos_Cosmo

Eunos_Cosmo

Not bad. Kia & Hyundai (and Genesis) continue to carve out their own identity. For a long time I didn't think they would ever be anything other than cheap Japanese clones. But these latest cars have unique, Korean DNA - to me they are verging on French levels of flourish. It's good to see. I don't quite like this one as much as the Sonata, but it's pretty interesting.

VXR and GranTurNismo like this.
  6. GTV0819

GTV0819

Of course, ever since Peter Schreyer became Kia's chief designer of its automobiles, the designs of their models started to appear more similar to European cars. So it's not really surprising anymore. I'm not just sure if most folks here already knew about that.

VXR likes this.
  7. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

A little off style-wise with the front lights, but I otherwise like it. The side profile is quite nice. I never really considered any Kia to be immensely handsome. That won't change much with this Optima. It does look very nice; just not ready to consider its looks beautiful or gorgeous.

8. Aphelion

Aphelion

I find this to be very attractive from certain angles. Bravo Kia.

9. 05XR8

05XR8

Would make for an interesting (V8)Supercar.

10. GTV0819

GTV0819

For some reason, I think a V8 for it would be an overkill. But it's possible. :D

11. eSZee

eSZee

They Stingerfied the Optima.

12. 05XR8

05XR8

There was talk of the Stinger a couple years back.
    [​IMG]

At least now, there are a couple choices. ;)

13. GTV0819

GTV0819

The twin-turbo V6 variant of this one somewhat reminds of the Explorer's turbo V6 Ecoboost which also pump out a similar output.

Well, I guess a turbo V6 are the ongoing trend for cars with this size these days. :lol:

14. 05XR8

05XR8

And straight-six ;)

GTV0819 likes this.