2020 Le Mans 1000km Race - Congratulations to class winners, Pim Sternberg and Jordan Brook!

• Thread starter Harsk100
  • 57 comments
Portugal
South
HarskGaming96
20200603003805.jpg

Hi Everyone! Welcome to the 3rd edition of Le Mans 1000km Race.
The idea of hosting a Endurance Race was when I have competed into several endurance races and I always wanted to host a endurance race.

The first edition was held in 13th May 2017, featuring Group C and GT1 machinery and the winner of first edition was Frederick Byloos on his Nissan R92CP. In 2018, the 2nd edition of Le Mans 1000km Race was part of MHRA Schedule and it was the first time that the race had LMP1 and GT3 Cars running around the track. The Winner of 2nd Edition was Alexander Erhart.

In 2019, there was no Le Mans 1000km Race, but now in 2020, Le Mans is now ready to recieve one of the toughest challenges after one sabbatical year: The 1000km Race!

We're looking forward to see you on the track for the race! :cheers:

1.1- The Sporting regulations are written to guarantee clean and fair play during the championship season.

1.2- In every round, the Sporting Regulations will be on effect.

1.3- Making insults, racism and accusing towards participants or organisers is extremly prohibited and there will be severe consequences if these of the breaches happen.

1.4- The Sporting Regulations document are not definitive, therefore, they are sujected to the change at any time, for any reason.

2.1.1- The race will be a lapping Race, which will be set to 39 laps, plus the Pace Lap.

2.1.2- At least one pit Stop is mandatory for the race, thus changing tire compound.

2.2.1- Each qualifying session will have 4 sessions, each two qualifying sessions for each class.

2.2.2- Each qualifying session will last 1 hour.

2.2.3- The qualifying format will be done in Free Run and the drivers are expected to set the fastest lap times for a race.

2.2.4- Once the qualifying sessions end, the Event Promotors will be noting the lap times. Only the fastest lap session will be counted for the Overall Qualifying.

2.2.5- The Organisation has the right to disallow a lap time if a driver is found to breach the regulations, at any time for any reason!

2.2.6- If there are more than 16 drivers, a Pre-Qualifying Session will be done. Pre-Qualifying is a session that 17 or more drivers will attempt to the qualify for the full race. Only 16 drivers will be allowed to qualify, meaning, 8 drivers from LMP1 and 8 drivers from GT3.

2.2.7- A driver might choose a Qualifying session which is more suitable for a driver.

2.3.1- As soon the drivers join the lobby, they will be called to do the Grid Formation.

2.3.2- Once the drivers are Lined Up for the Grid, the race will be started in a countdown.

2.3.3- The Grid will have a False Start Check.

2.3.4- The drivers who were disconnected and absent during the Qualifying Sessions will start at back of the grid.

2.3.5- The race will be in Pace Lap, all the cars must go up to 100 km/h (62 mph) and have 1 second gap between each other.

2.3.6- Before the final corner, the drivers will make a double file start.

2.4.1- The Green Flag will be shown in the straight Line (Start/Finish) line. As soon the Green Flag is shown, the drivers are allowed to accelerate.

2.4.2- As soon a driver crashes during the race, the Yellow Flag will be shown and the leader must slow down, so the cars will be bunched up. The Yellow Flag is only valid when a car crashes and it comes to the full Pit-Stop.

2.4.3- During the Yellow Flag, no overtaking is allowed. Doing so may result a 30-second penalty, depending of the severity. (This does apply when go to pits too!)

2.4.4- The race restart of Yellow Flag will be in single file. As soon the Green Flag is shown, the race is restarted.

2.4.5- If the race has a problem, for some reason, the race may be red flagged or suspended.

2.4.6- There will be a "Mandatory Competition Caution" applied for this race. The purpose of this procedure is to allow drivers to take a break from the race, such as taking a rest and drink water. The Mandatory Competition Caution will be done in a Specified Lap and you can do it by pressing "START" to let the car autodrive.

2.4.7- So, for anyone who doesn't finish on the lead lap. When the timer in the bottom right to finish the race comes out, the racers will cross the line and assume it as the chequered flag and do the cool down lap on their own terms instead of the game doing it for them.

2.4.8- Calling a FCY will only be valid if only 2 or more cars lose control and crash each other. If only 1 car crashes and if a FCY is called, it will be considered as a "Inappropriate FCY Call" and will also result in a penalty, depending of the severity.

2.4.9- During the FCY period, all drivers must go up to 100 km/h (62 mph) and keep 1 second gap between each other.

2.4.10- There will be a minimum of 2 recovering laps, if a lapped driver is lapped by other drivers.

2.4.11- The drivers involved in a crash/incident, who sustain damages must call out the FCY in-game chat and they must be stationary. Failure to do that will be considered as a breach of Full Course Yellow procedure and will result a penalty.

2.4.12- During the FCY period, the pits will be closed until the field is neutralised. When the Organisation declares that the pits will be open, the damaged cars must drive safely to the pits for repairs.

3.1.1- The track layout which will be used is the 2019 Layout, with chicanes.
circuit-de-la-sarthe_168127.gif

3.1.2- The weather and water at the track will be based in the real day's weather for each session.

3.1.3- All drivers must keep two wheels on the track at all times! Curbs and white lines are the limit!

3.1.4- All drivers must keep all four wheels on the pit lines while entering and exiting the pits. Touching or crossing the pit lines will result a 10 second penalty, depending of the severity.

4.1.1- The cars which are in Car Homologation section have been tested and confirmed that they are equal.

4.1.2- All Driving Assists will be off except Traction Control, ABS and Driving Line.

4.1.3- Please adhere to the right specs of your car. If you race with the wrong specs, you will be disqualified.

5.1.1- The drivers, who do the incidents and if they are penalized, will be considered to breaching the Sporting Regulations. Note that the organisers do reserve the right to penalize or sancionate any driver, at any time and for any reason!

5.1.2- You feel agravated by a inappropriate incident during the race, please send me a message by PSN Message, GTP Inbox or Facebook Conversation facilities. Please don't comment a incident during the thread!

5.1.3- Cutting a corner or Exceeding track limits will result in a 5-second penalty, depending of the severity.

5.1.4- Ghosting a car by pressing "Start" to avoid getting damage is strictly prohibited and it will result a 30 second penalty.

5.1.5- You can switch line only once and then return to your previous racing line. Making Zig-Zag to not let a driver overtake is forbidden!

5.1.6- Pushing or Ramming a driver off-track will result a 15 second penalty, depending of their severity.

5.1.7- A little bump is admitted. But divebombing to force your way into a driver is not admitted and will penalize you 10 seconds, depending of their severity.

5.1.8- A driver may be excluded from the Race Results if he accumulates excessive penalty.

5.1.9- At least 1 pit stop is required, plus changing tire compound. Failure to do that will award you with a 30 second penalty to the total lap time.

6.1- In order to take part of event, the driver needs to fill the following registrations. Here's my registration for example:
Name: Pedro Harsk
PSN: HarskGaming96
Class: LMP1
Car: Audi R18 '16
Team: HRSC Racing
Number: #10

6.2- Numbers from #10 to #19 are available for LMP1 drivers, while numbers from #30 to #39 are available for GT3 drivers.

6.3- The Organisation does reserve the right to allow or exclude a driver at any time for any reason!

7.1- Lobby will be set to private.

7.2- Car Category will be restricted to "Gr. 1" and "Gr. 3".

7.3- All driving Assists will be turned off except "Driving Line", "Traction Control" and "ABS".

7.4- Lobby will be set to "Practice/Qualify/Race".

7.5- Tyre Wear and Fuel Consomption will be set to 1x for both Qualifying Practice, Qualifying, Pre-Qualify and Race Sessions.

7.6- Mechanical Damage will be set to full.

7.7- Grip on the Edge Reduction and Splitstream will be set to real, while Boost will be disabled.

8.1- Liveries can be done, as long as it doesn't breach the Community Guidelines.

8.2- All GT3 cars must have "GT3" decal, while LMP1 cars must have "P1" decal. Failure to do so will result an automatic exclusion from the race.

8.3- No Tobacco and no Alcohol advertising is allowed for Le Mans 1000km Race. Anyone being caught with it will be penalized. (Sadly it is necessary as it considered inappropriate by Polyphony Digital).

8.4- There are no Number Font Type restrictions for the liveries, as long as the car liveries meet the requirements.

Last edited:
Name: Luke Mitchell
PSN: MMR_LukeMitchell
Car: Toyota TS050
Team: MMRacing
Number: #14

Hi some questions. I love endurance races and would love to get involved, if I can make the time. Your post leaves a lot of open ends and there is less than a week before the race:

What time zone are you running to?
What are the livery requirements
4.1 - the ability to tune turbos and oil isn’t even in the game??
2.4 - your safety car procedure is very vague.
2.2.6 You can’t have 16 drivers +1 Safety Car as they won’t fit in the lobby. Also who is race direction for all of this, who calls out full course yellows and safety cars etc
2.4.6 - What is the mandatory competition caution? Am I supposed to just press pause and use auto drive, pull over or pit for x amount of time? Also when does this happen?
5.1.3 - being off track for more than 3 seconds results on a 5 second penalty. So if I get damaged and beached in deep gravel I’m potentially screwed. What about if I’m allowing traffic to pass safely instead of a dangerous rejoin. Also who is policing this?
5.1.7 - you say the game will award a 100s penalty for not taking a pit stop... how? I didn’t know this was a feature.
5.2.0 - you then say failure to pit is only 15s penalty?
4 - Is car setup allowed?
4.1.1 - How did you work out your BOP?
7.3 - why is tc allowed in Gr1 when you say it’s not allowed.
2.1.1 & 7.4 - Is the race 74 laps or 39 laps? - you’ve stated both.
2.4.2 & 2.4.3 - need some more detail.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi some questions. I love endurance races and would love to get involved, if I can make the time. Your post leaves a lot of open ends and there is less than a week before the race:

What time zone are you running to?
What are the livery requirements
4.1 - the ability to tune turbos and oil isn’t even in the game??
2.4 - your safety car procedure is very vague.
2.2.6 You can’t have 16 drivers +1 Safety Car as they won’t fit in the lobby. Also who is race direction for all of this, who calls out full course yellows and safety cars etc
2.4.6 - What is the mandatory competition caution? Am I supposed to just press pause and use auto drive, pull over or pit for x amount of time? Also when does this happen?
5.1.3 - being off track for more than 3 seconds results on a 5 second penalty. So if I get damaged and beached in deep gravel I’m potentially screwed. What about if I’m allowing traffic to pass safely instead of a dangerous rejoin. Also who is policing this?
5.1.7 - you say the game will award a 100s penalty for not taking a pit stop... how? I didn’t know this was a feature.
5.2.0 - you then say failure to pit is only 15s penalty?
4 - Is car setup allowed?
4.1.1 - How did you work out your BOP?
7.3 - why is tc allowed in Gr1 when you say it’s not allowed.
2.1.1 & 7.4 - Is the race 74 laps or 39 laps? - you’ve stated both.
2.4.2 & 2.4.3 - need some more detail.

Thanks.
Hello Kermit!

There are following rule changes:

- The Rule 4.1 of Tuning Turbo's and Changing Oil has been deleted;
- The procedures at Rule 2.4 have been fixed: No Safety Car is deployed, however, all cars are expected to go up to 100 km/h (62 mph) during the Pace Lap and must have a 1 second gap between each other. As soon the Green Flag is shown, the race is ready to go;
- The rule 5.2.0 has been deleted and the rule 5.1.9 has been fixed: Now 1 pit stop is required, plus changing tire compound. Failure to do will result award you with a 30 second penalty to the total lap time;
- The rule 5.1.7 has been fixed and placed with "A little bump is admitted. But divebombing to force your way into a driver is not admitted and will penalize you 10 seconds, depending of their severity.";
- Rule 7.3 has been fixed: LMP1 and GT3 cars will have both TCS and ABS allowed, as they run the TCS and ABS in real life;
- Rule 4: Yes, setting transmission, brakes, Limited Slip Differential, Suspension and Downforce is allowed, as long as you meet the correct BoP specs;
- Rule 4.1.1: I tested the cars by using the BoP provided by the game and then if some of the cars did not achieve the same lap time as others, then their specs would be adjusted, such as Power and Weight changes for example;
- Rule 7.4 is fixed by deleting the number of laps as stated on rule 2.1.1 and was set to "Lobby will be set to "Practice/Qualify/Race" instead. The number of laps of the race are set to be 39, plus the pace lap;
- The following rules were added for 2.4 Race Flags section:
"2.4.9- During the FCY period, all drivers must go up to 100 km/h (62 mph) and keep 1 second gap between each other.
2.4.10- There will be a minimum of 2 recovering laps, if a lapped driver is lapped by other drivers.
2.4.11- The drivers involved in a crash/incident, who sustain damages must call out the FCY in-game chat and they must be stationary. Failure to do that will be considered as a breach of Full Course Yellow procedure and will result a penalty.
2.4.12- During the FCY period, the pits will be closed until the field is neutralised. When the Organisation declares that the pits will be open, the damaged cars must drive safely to the pits for repairs.";
- The following rule has been added to 3.1 Track settings - Foreword:
"3.1.4- All drivers must keep all four wheels on the pit lines while entering and exiting the pits. Touching or crossing the pit lines will result a 10 second penalty, depending of the severity.".

The rules 2.4.3 and 2.4.4: Full Course Yellow is called when two or more cars are involved in a accident, with one of them sustaining damage (aero, suspension, etc.) and come to a full stop. The Full Course Yellow must be called in-game chat while stationary. During the FCY period, the pits are closed until the field is neutralised and the pits will be only open if stated by Organisation. During the FCY period, all cars must go up to 100 km/h (62 mph) and have 1 second gap between each other. No overtaking is allowed during the FCY period.
As soon the Green Flag is shown, all drivers are allowed to accelerate and the race will be resumed.

The time of the races will be run in UTC UK. Regarding about the liveries, see "Section 8 - Livery Paint Jobs".

Last edited:
Hello,
2.4.2 - I don’t fully understand this one.
2.4.8 & 2.4.11 - this contradicts, is fcy for 1 car to multiple cars. Also if more than 2 cars is required for fcy how will race control know who has damage if nobody comments in chat in fear of a penalty.
2.4.6 - mandatory caution, I think it’s only fair to tell us when that will be and for how long in advance of the race so it won’t be a surprise.
2.4.12 - what if damaged cars get to the pits before they are “open”
2.4.9 - does everyone slow down straight away and then catch up or do we catch up and then slow down?
Thanks

Hello,
2.4.2 - I don’t fully understand this one.
2.4.8 & 2.4.11 - this contradicts, is fcy for 1 car to multiple cars. Also if more than 2 cars is required for fcy how will race control know who has damage if nobody comments in chat in fear of a penalty.
2.4.6 - mandatory caution, I think it’s only fair to tell us when that will be and for how long in advance of the race so it won’t be a surprise.
2.4.12 - what if damaged cars get to the pits before they are “open”
2.4.9 - does everyone slow down straight away and then catch up or do we catch up and then slow down?
Thanks
Rule 2.4.2: When two or more drivers lose the control, meaning, one of them having damaged, a "FCY" will be shown. When it happens, the leader must slow down to 100 km/h (62 mph), while the other drivers behind must catch and stay behind the leader with 1 second gap between them.
Rule 2.4.6: Mandatory Caution is set to be between lap 6 and 8 laps;
Rule 2.4.12: Well, once the field is bunched up during the FCY period, the pits will be open, so the damaged cars can pit for repair. Refuelling is also allowed;
Rule 2.4.9: As soon the "FCY" is called, the Race Leader slows down to 100 km/h (62 mph) straight away. Regarding about the other cars behind the Race Leader, the, they must catch the race leader and slow down to 100 km/h (62 mph) as soon they catch the race leader, who will be acting as a "Safety Car".

Thanks, I think that covers most things. Not 100% on the mandatory caution but I’m sure it will be ok for the race.

Can I go down as a reserve for now, need to confirm I can make it. 19:00 UTC is 20:00 BST for me.

I’ll go gt3 as there are currently less signed up. If you don’t have a nearly full grid I might not take part, but hopefully you will 👍. I will try and make Friday nights Qualification but if not I will start from the back, no problem.

Name: Kermit_2142
PSN: Kermit_2142
Car : Aston Martin GT3
Team: All Balls Racing
Number: 36
Reserve Driver.

Thanks, I think that covers most things. Not 100% on the mandatory caution but I’m sure it will be ok for the race.

Can I go down as a reserve for now, need to confirm I can make it. 19:00 UTC is 20:00 BST for me.

I’ll go gt3 as there are currently less signed up. If you don’t have a nearly full grid I might not take part, but hopefully you will 👍. I will try and make Friday nights Qualification but if not I will start from the back, no problem.

Name: Kermit_2142
PSN: Kermit_2142
Car : Aston Martin GT3
Team: All Balls Racing
Number: 36
Reserve Driver.
Great to hear! Welcome to Le Mans 1000km Race.

The race might start on next week, if this week is considered too soon. 👍

There are now two GT3 class drivers signed so far, the first being @SDM_Viper.

Sorry for double post, everyone.

The race will be postponed and being pushed 1 week forward, meaning, it will start next week (June 21st) instead of this week. The reason of the race being postponed is because I realized that June 14th is too soon. And also, postponing the race will also allow give more time to drivers have their liveries ready and that way, try to increase more entries. 👍

QP1 and QP2 will still go ahead in next Friday, while QP3 and QP4 will go in next Saturday. If you have any question or doubt, please let me know!

Sorry for double post, everyone.

The race will be postponed and being pushed 1 week forward, meaning, it will start next week (June 21st) instead of this week. The reason of the race being postponed is because I realized that June 14th is too soon. And also, postponing the race will also allow give more time to drivers have their liveries ready and that way, try to increase more entries. 👍

QP1 and QP2 will still go ahead in next Friday, while QP3 and QP4 will go in next Saturday. If you have any question or doubt, please let me know!

This sounds very interesting and would love to run this (as I am really enjoining endurance racing) but I guess I am just too new to this SIMRacing because the rules are too confusing for me to follow. I hope everyone has a very good race and I do look forward to joining you all in the future. I guess there is no way to watch the race? Maybe in Spectator mode?

This sounds very interesting and would love to run this (as I am really enjoining endurance racing) but I guess I am just too new to this SIMRacing because the rules are too confusing for me to follow. I hope everyone has a very good race and I do look forward to joining you all in the future. I guess there is no way to watch the race? Maybe in Spectator mode?
Well, if you have any doubt or question regarding about the race, please let me know.

The Organisation is looking forward to see you on the track! :cheers:

I'm planning to livestream the race, but not sure though, as I'll be racing too. 👍

Maybe there is a way to watch the race in Spectator mode yes.

Hi I'm a big endurance fan and this seems good
Not sure if i can take part at the moment but will let you know.
I've got a couple of questions. I'm abit confused about how the FCY works. I understand how everyone bunches up but if your involved in the crash do you have to stay still until everyone is bunched up before returning to the pits? and do you still have to wait even if you dont pickup damage?
also if you crash on your own and get damage do you have to wait and call FCY?

Thanks

Hi I'm a big endurance fan and this seems good
Not sure if i can take part at the moment but will let you know.
I've got a couple of questions. I'm abit confused about how the FCY works. I understand how everyone bunches up but if your involved in the crash do you have to stay still until everyone is bunched up before returning to the pits? and do you still have to wait even if you dont pickup damage?
also if you crash on your own and get damage do you have to wait and call FCY?

Thanks
Hello Thesliders1!

When you are involved in the crash, you must type "FCY" in-game chat while your car is stationary. Then, as soon you call "FCY", you must catch the race leaders and stay behind them.

For example, if you are in 8th place after you call "FCY", then you must stay in 8th place. As soon you catch the field, you must slow down to 100 km/h (62 mph). If you didn't notice, this procedure is done in a championship which I currently compete, which is GGTC (Global GT Championship).

Once everybody is bunched up, the pits will be open for repairs. Refueling and changing doing FCY is also allowed as well. The drivers who exit the pit lane must fall at back of the grid. This rule is in place to prevent unfair overtaking and that way, make the race fair.

If you don't pick up damage and if you want to still to pit, you must stay on the track with the field until the pits are open.

If you crash on your own and still call a FCY, then it will not be valid, as you were not involved in a crash with 1 or 2 drivers at least.

Name: Manoël Bartolomei
PSN: ImMano99
Car: Porsche 919 Hybrid
Team: FR-Barto Supersport
Number: #16
Welcome onboard! :cheers:

is it ok if I only take part in 1 quali session as i can't make the Saturday session.

Name: Ed Goodman
PSN: Thesliders1
Class: GT3
Car: Dodge Viper GT3-R
Team: Prodrive Motorsports

ss3
I wish I could attend. I’m free for the qualifying but not the race
It's a great shame Joey, but I hope that you are able to make it in the future events.

is it ok if I only take part in 1 quali session as i can't make the Saturday session.

Name: Ed Goodman
PSN: Thesliders1
Class: GT3
Car: Dodge Viper GT3-R
Team: Prodrive Motorsports

Yes, it is ok. Remember, the drivers who do not take part on Qualifying Sessions, will start at back of the grid.

You do not need to take part on both Qualifying sessions, so it is okay if you take in 1 qualifying session, yes. 👍

It's a great shame Joey, but I hope that you are able to make it in the future events.

Yes, it is ok. Remember, the drivers who do not take part on Qualifying Sessions, will start at back of the grid.

You do not need to take part on both Qualifying sessions, so it is okay if you take in 1 qualifying session, yes. 👍
Same for me, I might miss Saturday. I'll try and make it though

Back