2020 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 495 comments
DeShaun Watson seems discontent with the Houston Texans' new changes so far, and he apparently may want to be traded to the Chicago Bears.
"YES! THIS WAS OUR INTENT ALL ALONG WHEN WE MOVED UP TO DRAFT TRUBISKY"
- Bears management

I feel like I need to be a Bills fan. Do I just need to jump through a table and I'm good or what?

Seriously though, I'm going full Lake Erie Bro for the playoffs and cheering on either the Browns or the Bills. Barring they both get knocked out, I'm going to cheer for whoever isn't the Green Bay Packers.

Saturday's winners: Buffalo (def. IND), Los Angeles Rams (def. Seattle), and Tampa Bay (def. WAS)

Today's action includes: BAL at TEN, CHI at NO, and CLE at PIT

Enjoy today's games!

The wildest thing about 2020/21 actually might just be the Browns and the Bills both being legitimately good teams.

Last edited:
Ravens advance, Saints advance, and Browns advance. DONE are the Titans, Bears, and Steelers. Pittsburgh was the talk of the league for most of 2020... then just fell apart. Almost like a downward spiral.

Here are the next set of matches:
* #6 LAR Rams at #1 GB Packers
* #5 BAL Ravens at #2 BUF Bills
* #6 CLE Browns at #1 KC Chiefs
* #5 TB Buccaneers at #2 NO Saints

I just noticed all the No. 6 seeds playing in the Divisional Playoff games this coming week. So all of the action will begin on Saturday, January 16, a day after my birthday (and Drew Brees' birthday, whom I share a birthday with). Winners of these upcoming rounds make the Championship round.

Enjoy this week's action!

[UPDATE] Seeding changes.

Last edited:
Here are the next set of matches:
* #6 LAR Rams at #1 GB Packers
* #6 BAL Ravens at #1 BUF Bills
* #6 CLE Browns at #1 KC Chiefs
* #5 TB Buccaneers at #2 NO Saints

I just noticed all the No. 6 seeds playing in the Divisional Playoff games this coming week.

Baltimore was the 5 - otherwise you have two sixes on the AFC side.

edit: And Buffalo is the 2

Last edited:
Enjoy the Divisional matches this weekend! Maybe the most intriguing one will be the Buccaneers at Saints game with two sure fire Hall of Famers playing each other in Tom Brady and Drew Brees (who celebrated his birthday yesterday, as I have).

Yesterday saw the Green Bay Packers defeat the visiting Los Angeles Rams 32-18, and the Buffalo Bills downed the Baltimore Ravens 17-3. What will today's games bring? The Bills will get the winner of CLE at KC in the AFC Championship Game, and the Packers will get the winner of TB at NO in the NFC Championship Game. Enjoy today's games!

Outside of the Divisional Playoff games, there are reports that DeShaun Watson may likely not be a Houston Texan come next season. If DeShaun Watson indeed gets traded, that means A.J. McCarron may be the starting QB for the Texans unless some quality player comes in place of McCarron on the QB depth Chart for Houston (McCarron is 2nd on the QB depth chart behind Watson).

So there it is: Brady will take on Rodgers in another old GOATs contest ... & the two up & comers Allen & Mahomes will match up in a battle between the next generation GOATs.

The Packers have looked like the best team in the NFL over the last few games ... but one of their worst performances was the mid-season outing losing to Tampa Bay, which sets an intriguing match up for next weekend. Hopefully Mahomes will be fit to play against the Bills.

The Lions have hired Dan Campbell has their new head coach:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...oit-lions-dan-campbell-head-coach/4201894001/

I assume he's going to pull up in Allen Park with his lifted truck spit out a huge wad of tobacco and say "let's get to work 🤬". I'm not crazy about the hire, but he can't be any worse than Matty P. I am happy about the GM hire though, Brad Holmes might not be the best at day-to-day operations but the man knows how to draft players and that's exactly what Detroit needs if it wants to rebuild properly this time.

Despite all this, I'm still going to sip the Honolulu Blue Kool-Aid and say that the 2021 season is the Lions' year. If that doesn't happen, then 2022 is certainly their year, or maybe 2023, or 2024.....

In the meantime, I'm going to be cheering on Buffalo because of the Lake Erie Bros alliance.

Last edited:
Philadelphia Eagles fans, get to know your new head coach- Nick Sirianni. He comes over from being the offensive coordinator for the Indianapolis Colts. Let's see what he can do for Philly.

I wish Philip Rivers the best in his retirement. I hear he will be a High School football coach in Alabama. I am not sure if Drew Brees could possibly hang it up and call it a career like Rivers, but he has been contemplating if he wants to return for another season. Drew Brees is going to be a Hall of Famer, no doubt.

This Sunday:
* TB Buccaneers at GB Packers
* BUF Bills at KC Chiefs

We'll see who'll be heading to the Super Bowl after this Sunday.

Glad I'm not in the NFC North, apparently the Lions are going to bite off knee caps :lol:

Jerome

As I'm a notorious "leftist" how can I not love the Packers? The only professional sports team in NA owned by their fans rather than some asshole billionaire ... & located in the middle-of-no-where Wisconsin. :P

Also cheering for my "local team" the Bills. Buffalo fans deserve their moment after the disappointments of the Kelly years, but I don't see the Bills winning the SB this year.

Also cheering for my "local team" the Bills. Buffalo fans deserve their moment after the disappointments of the Kelly years, but I don't see the Bills winning the SB this year.

If the Bills beat the Chiefs, there's no reason not to believe they won't beat the Packers/Bucs. I wouldn't call them favorites in either match up, but the point spread would be under 7 I'd think.

Jerome

If the Bills beat the Chiefs, there's no reason not to believe they won't beat the Packers/Bucs. I wouldn't call them favorites in either match up, but the point spread would be under 7 I'd think.

Jerome

I agree. Anything could happen on the day. Should the Bills get by the Chiefs, I think they could pull it off against TB or the Packers. I'm certainly expecting a Chiefs/Packers SB though at this point.

Chiefs will have Mahomes starting on Sunday, so both games will be a treat.

That's hard to believe considering how woozy he got up from that tackle last weekend.

I have to say, I have no real understanding of how the "concussion protocol" works. I would imagine in the "old days" NFL players must have spent large parts of the season suffering from varying degrees of concussion.

I hope Mahomes is in good shape for Sunday, so that there is a fair battle between the two young QB stars.

Back