2020 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 495 comments
Stafford leaving hits worse than Verlander leaving the Tigers. But give how star calibre players leave Detroit sports teams and almost immediately win a championship, I'm hopeful for Stafford. Not sure where he's likely to end up, but rumors are saying either the 49ers or the Colts.

Seems like Matt Patricia has a new home after being ousted from the Detroit Lions. Matty P. is now back with the New England Patriots. I'm guessing since things didn't go well in MoTown, Mr. Patricia is back with the Patriots.

Four remaining teams. Two games. Two will advance to the Super Bowl. Two others will be having Super Bowl watch parties (social/physical distancing, of course). It begins with the NFC Championship Game between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at the Green Bay Packers. Then, there will be the Buffalo Bills at the Kansas City Chiefs. The winners of these two will play in Tampa Bay, FL in Super Bowl LV.

Enjoy today's games!

Four remaining teams. Two games. Two will advance to the Super Bowl. Two others will be having Super Bowl watch parties (social/physical distancing, of course). It begins with the NFC Championship Game between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at the Green Bay Packers. Then, there will be the Buffalo Bills at the Kansas City Chiefs. The winners of these two will play in Tampa Bay, FL in Super Bowl LV.

Enjoy today's games!

Two very intriguing games. The two GOAT veterans against each other & the two up & coming super stars against each other. 👍

Two very intriguing games. The two GOAT veterans against each other & the two up & coming super stars against each other. 👍

It's almost like it was planned that way, hmmmm.. :P

Jerome

It's almost like it was planned that way, hmmmm.. :P

Jerome

Given how the NFL works, I don't doubt it. I'm sure they're going to do their damnest to make it a Brady v. Mahomes Super Bowl so they have that whole "passing the torch" narrative.

Given how the NFL works, I don't doubt it. I'm sure they're going to do their damnest to make it a Brady v. Mahomes Super Bowl so they have that whole "passing the torch" narrative.

We'll see how the refs are today. I'm still excited and I don't have a dog in the fight, haven't since 2011 :lol:

Jerome

If Green Bay is so insistent on choking this game away then Buffalo better lose tonight.
Green Bay plays conservative and goes for a FG down 8 then gets burned on a penalty. When you play a Brady team, NEVER put yourself in a position that you can lose due to a random penalty called at the worst time against your team.

Methinks we have a Super Bowl, GTPlaneteers. So, it looks like we have the Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. the Kansas City Chiefs for Super Bowl LV. And... the Super Bowl is in... Tampa Bay, Florida. That's right. No team in NFL history has hosted the Super Bowl in 54 previously-played Super Bowl matches. Tampa Bay will be the first to do so. Tom Brady is going to his 10th Super Bowl, trying to win the big game for the 7th time. The Chiefs, meanwhile, are the defending Champions. Patrick Mahomes is looking for his second Super Bowl triumph. Something's got to give.

Elsewhere... Houston Texans QB DeShaun Watson still reportedly wants out of Houston. He even has a short list of teams he'd like to be traded to: the New York Jets or the Miami Dolphins. The best case is that the Texans keep Watson. If Watson goes, then I doubt there will be any top-level QB who will replace him. That is unless there is a baller QB from college that could take over that the Texans acquire through the NFL Draft or someplace else. Meaning the Texans could be stuck on mediocrity for a few seasons unless they get really hot really quickly.

Unless you have Super Bowl LV predictions or want to share any NFL news and notes prior to Super Bowl LV, this concludes my post.

They should fire LeFleur for being a Jason Garett-level coward.

It seems to me that it would have made more sense to go for it on 4th down, but it wasn't a complete no-brainer. However, kicking didn't set up an easy scenario for a win either. In the circumstances, with Aaron Rodgers & the NFL's best RedZone offense it would have been a more than reasonable gamble to have gone for it.

It seems to me that it would have made more sense to go for it on 4th down, but it wasn't a complete no-brainer. However, kicking didn't set up an easy scenario for a win either. In the circumstances, with Aaron Rodgers & the NFL's best RedZone offense it would have been a more than reasonable gamble to have gone for it.

I thought if you went for it and didn't make it, at worst you would have Tampa pinned back inside their own 10 yard line. Then if you could hold them you should get decent field position after a punt. Plus it's not like there was 5 or 6 minutes left, it was right at the 2 minute warning.

I thought if you went for it and didn't make it, at worst you would have Tampa pinned back inside their own 10 yard line. Then if you could hold them you should get decent field position after a punt. Plus it's not like there was 5 or 6 minutes left, it was right at the 2 minute warning.

I agree.

Houston Texans news, and THIS JUST IN...

The Houston Texans will reportedly sign David Culley to be the Texans' new head coach. I meant to report that earlier. Today, though some shocking news for Texans fans- quarterback DeShaun Watson has formally requested to be traded. So we'll have to find a different QB to hopefully get this team out of the mud for seasons to come. I don't know what the Texans could get from the New York Jets, but I do think the Miami Dolphins would be a fine trade offer.

I'm just hoping the Texans can get out of this QUICKLY so that we don't become the laughing stock of the league again or be content with mediocrity year after year in the near future...

Bad hot take that won't happen: Detroit swaps Stafford for Watson.

As much as I would like that to happen, I know it won't. A young, star QB would be perfect for a rebuild in Detroit and given Detroit's draft position, we'd be getting someone better than the Mormon Manziel (Zach Wilson).

Press F for the Texans :(

They had an MVP QB and a very good team just one year ago, and now they will burn down so hard they will make the Hindenburg explosion look like a small flare.

Arrogance and ignorance break the facade down. The management deserve every ounce of scorn and derision they get. I feel for the players, but I feel sorry for the people of Houston.

The news of DeShaun Watson requesting a trade has had a lot of people outraged and disappointed. Houston, normally a poor sports city, is now even more poor thanks to recent news involving the Texans, the Rockets, and the Astros; but especially the Texans. Everyone taking their shots at the Texans organization for improper management of the whole situation that has lead to Watson wanting a trade. Some people are even treating the Texans like they're worse than the Jets or Jaguars right now. Some Texans fans even feel like not buying tickets to attend games or even cancel getting season tickets for the upcoming season.

Going to be a horrible off-season for the Texans now. Maybe the worst off-season ever for the team with a big mess to clean up.

Seems like a great deal for the Lions.

Guessing the Texans asking price for Deshaun Watson has gone up after this.

Rams must figure they only have a couple of years window left to win a Super Bowl with that defense so it's all in now.

Looking at Goff:

tenor.gif

Is he elite? Nope, but he's better than what the Lions would've drafted with pick 7. I'm a little disappointed we won't be getting Fitzmagic, but all things considered, this could've worked out way worse for Detroit. Also, I really like the future draft picks since this year's draft class is going to be meh due to the NCAA getting rona'ed.

COVID-19/Coronavirus may have hung over the current landscape like dark clouds, but we still managed to have the 2020 NFL season continue. We had 32 teams all battling to reach where two teams currently are. What was 32 teams now come down to two playing one game to hoist the Lombardi Trophy and be declared champions. It's the Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. the Kansas City Chiefs. Don't call it a glorified home game for Tampa Bay, even though it is technically the truth about this game.

Please enjoy Super Bowl LV, and congratulations to who eventually wins it all this season!

Back