2020 NTT IndyCar Series SeasonOpen Wheel 

If they stuck a chicane on that bridge, you'd have a Formula E track. :embarrassed:

Sorry for a triple post, but I figured news of a new race warranted it.

https://racer.com/2020/09/16/indycar-confirms-nashville-street-race-for-2021/

Here's the proposed layout.
track_map.jpg
Incredibly unique venue, truly amazing. The outline of the course resembles the profile of a cartoon Brontosaurus.
Those high speed links on the bridge look quite sketchy.

Awesome to have them back in Nashville and not at the Superspeedway.
I’m assuming they’ll have to do something with the transitions on both ends of the bridge.
Also that bridge has a bit of a rise in the middle last I can remember but needless to say I’ll be there.

NASCAR Youtuber BannyB lives near the Nashville Indycar track and has done a video tour of the area.

Scott McLaughlin will finally get his Indycar race run at St Pete.

Hopefully he is as competitive as he was during the iracing series.

James Hinchcliffe has been confirmed to drive in the final three races of the IndyCar season for Andretti Autosport, replacing Zach Veach in the #26 car.

Source:

Indycar released their schedule today. Rather gutted to see the rumors of Iowa demise seem to be true. :(

2021-Schedule-10012020.pdf

Gotta pay the bills and Helio (or some pay driver) will bring more sponsorship money. And I don't think a Bahraini bank will loan McLaren money to fund it's IndyCar project. Shame, but just another day of being an IndyCar fan. So many young drivers to list that have come and gone in a blink of an eye.

Gotta pay the bills and Helio (or some pay driver) will bring more sponsorship money. And I don't think a Bahraini bank will loan McLaren money to fund it's IndyCar project. Shame, but just another day of being an IndyCar fan. So many young drivers to list that have come and gone in a blink of an eye.

... I mean, Askew did lie to the team and IndyCar about his concussion symptoms because he feared that this would happen. His managment company calling out ASMP for dropping him like this doesn't help either side to be honest, but I want to see Askew land somewhere that isn't IMSA, because IMO he's undeniably talented.

I was stressed as all hell watching the race but I'm so glad Dixon got his 6th title.

Whether everything is back to normality for next season is anyones guess

I was stressed as all hell watching the race but I'm so glad Dixon got his 6th title.

Whether everything is back to normality for next season is anyones guess
The youth movement as manifested in Rossi, Herta, O'Ward et al is the obvious guess of the future. But I did appreciate what Bourdais did for AJ Foyt.

Bourdais proved in just his 2nd race back that DCR was mad to let him go for Ferrucci. So upset for Rossi to have his first ever winless season, but the man had no luck up to this weekend. And that mistake was super uncharacteristic for him. Hope this means he comes into 2021 stronger than ever.

Is there any way to see the Indianapolis rookie test times? I know Scott McLaughlin passed the test but I'm interested to see how well he did.

Even though I'm a Holden fan (even though there dead now), i do hope that Scott McLaughlin does well. He is a talent that we may never see again.

Not any better seat he could've climbed in. I wonder why he chose single seaters though. He never seemed to have aspirations before jumping straight to V8's from karting. Pretty sure Penske would've given him a NASCAR shot. Maybe an easier route to the top?

Not any better seat he could've climbed in. I wonder why he chose single seaters though. He never seemed to have aspirations before jumping straight to V8's from karting. Pretty sure Penske would've given him a NASCAR shot. Maybe an easier route to the top?
NASCAR was his original goal and the reason he signed with DJRTP, but I'm pretty sure it was Penske that decided what series he was going to. Scotty always said he was a Penske contracted driver and that he would race in whatever series they wanted him to... and I don't blame him. As you said ''Not any better seat he could've climbed in''. 👍

Yeah it would've made sense that he went to Nascar. But he has shown he's capable of driving in the IndyCar series. Maybe he could do select races in Nascar when it doesn't clash with Indy or the Enduro gig with DJR next year.

Last edited:
Back