2020 Toyota Racing Series - Igor Fraga

Fraga took home another win and cut down his championship deficit to a mere four points!

42201413-12F4-4A93-A6D2-A7AC20E71911.png

It’ll all come down to the wire tomorrow, rooting hard for Fraga!

It's four now - he won race 1, from Lawson. Two races left - reduced points reverse grid, then the NZGP feature race (qualifying for that is in three hours).
Qualifying was on now. Igor got pole, Liam 3rd. So close and exciting to watch.

Igor just took some more points from Lawson in race 2. Down to the last race. Whoever finishes in front of the other is champion. Fraga on pole. Lawson starting third.

Whoever finishes in front of the other is champion
Unless both are outside the top four. Unlikely, I know, but still - they might run into each other again :lol:

I was very worried for Igor's front right after that...

He did it, Igor Fraga is the Toyota Racing Series Champion 2020!

I talked to Igor briefly during the autograph session. There wasn't much time so I just said something like "you do every Gran Turismo fan proud" (lol) His eyes lit up when I mentioned Gran Turismo, almost as if he had waited for the first fan to arrive. He replied along the lines of "I will do my best for all of you" and I really think he meant it, he hasn't forgotten what Gran Turismo has given him and is giving him as sponsor.

Igor was a pleasure to meet and I'm so happy that he managed to win the series. For a man half my age he seemed incredibly composed considering the pressure he must've been on. As the day unfolded I sensed history was in the making, and it was made.

Some pics below I managed to take

Attachments

• IMG_5132.jpg
    IMG_5132.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7015.jpg
    IMG_7015.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 36
Hope this helps Igor to gain interest from other sponsors and just general popularity, it'll help him massively. He outclassed multiple junior drivers from the Red Bull and Renault academies.

Will be following the F3 season closely, thank god that's much more accesible to watch. Seeing a Gran Turismo livery on that grid will be a joy to watch.

Good luck from everyone in the GT family Igor! Unreal.

Hope this helps Igor to gain interest from other sponsors and just general popularity, it'll help him massively. He outclassed multiple junior drivers from the Red Bull and Renault academies.

Will be following the F3 season closely, thank god that's much more accesible to watch. Seeing a Gran Turismo livery on that grid will be a joy to watch.

Good luck from everyone in the GT family Igor! Unreal.
Well He did finish mile ahead of both of their Academy Drivers in the series

Just arrived in New Zealand and had dinner with the champ himself!

145BE591-DD07-4AA6-A460-4E1EC11F4014.jpeg

We had a great interview and I learned a lot about Igor and just how hard he has worked to get to this point in his career. Looking forward to sharing it with you guys soon.

Latest Posts

Back