Endurance Racing Discussion Thread - WEC, ELMS etcSports Cars 

• Thread starter Kowhai
  • 825 comments
Well, it didn’t help much. Glickenhaus quali result is really disappointing.
FireShot Capture 196 - Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus – Posts - Facebook - www.facebook.com.png

The Glick is getting a new clutch. The #36 is faster than the two Toyota's but 45 minute stints Vs 60 minute stints for Toyota. The commentary says one extra stop. I think it will be two....

#7 just cocked up pit entry that will lead to penalties. Potentially opening the door for #36 to get at least 2nd place.

Bamthoor will drive in the Weathertech Porsche with Cooper McNeil in Le Mans. As a Porsche shill I'm rooting for all Porsche teams - it's hard to pick a favorite when each lineup has members I like :) it's gonna be interesting to see the two factory entries vs the Weathertech and Hub Auto privateer GTE-Pro entries, the latter with Kovalainen, Cassidy and Dries Vanthoor.

Also, I'm hoping that we will see Dennis Olsen, Matty Campbell and Mathieu Jaminet soon in full factory cars. Maybe the LMDh era will be the time.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/bamber-vanthoor-complete-weathertech-gte-pro-lineup/

79-WeatherTech-Racing-Porsche-Sebring-2021-5-730x487.jpg

Last edited:
I hope it goes better than the last time someone tried something out of the ordinary.

Nissan-GT-R-LM-NISMO-pre-season-testing-11-1200x800.jpg
I feel like they wasted way too much time and energy turning it into a marketing campaign, especially given that the market they were flaunting this thing in generally had no clue what it was or what it was for. And the overblown promotion and following excitement by actual fans bit them back when they couldn't keep up with the tight schedule they set for themselves. Higher-ups(that probably made the call to make a media circus of it in the first place) didn't like the taste of the resulting disappoitment and decided to bury the whole thing instead of give it an actual fighting chance.

I forgot how long that thing is. All that wheelbase.

Is there another source that confirms this? I'm having a hard time believing any part of that video is from AC
Everything featuring the 9X8 at Paul Ricard in the video is in AC; the solo shots of it moving in the rain are fully AC, and the in-car shots are composite, with the interior of the car from AC and the exterior being real footage.

Aside from being quite obviously simulation (and the car not actually being able to move under its own power right now; the motors aren't finished and the engine is still in bench-testing), there's this:

You might find the final four seconds to be of particular interest.

Technical details about the convergence emerge:

Also, LMH cars will be eligible in IMSA WSC:

EDIT:

LMDh cars will use the LMH tire size regulations for RWD cars, allowing for 34-inch tires in the rear and 29-inch tires in the front.

This compares to the 31-inch tires (front/rear) currently used on LMH cars equipped with a front axle hybrid, such as the Toyota GR010 Hybrid and will remain unchanged heading into 2023.

Big LOL - In the DSC article this is correctly stated in centimeters, not inches. Just imagine a 34-in tire :D

Last edited:
Does this mean we'll probably see Mazda back in Le Mans?
Not unless they've been working on something in secret. It's a shame too since they were in my opinion the best looking car in the DPi field.

Maybe just me, but I realized the 9X8's wingless design somehow reminds me of the Hyundai N2025 VGT (minus the hydrogen gimmick).

Back