2024 Formula 1 Constructors threadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 793 comments
FIA ok'd the livery according to reports.

No worries on a clash from the Williams, that has been revealed via the AR thing they're doing. It's...erm....interesting.

jc6u8psuh0l61.jpg
Straight outta F1 2020 livery editor :lol:

Quite fitting that the Haas is sponsored by a fertilizer company...

FIA ok'd the livery according to reports.

No worries on a clash from the Williams, that has been revealed via the AR thing they're doing. It's...erm....interesting.

jc6u8psuh0l61.jpg

Unless it's just some temp thing they put on the AR model, but seems unlikely.
That is the fugliest thing I've seen all week, and I live in Glasgow.

I dig the circled number choice on the fin, but they should've carried that over to the nose as well, imo.

Graphically the livery is great. It's elegant, a bit retro like 80s stripes, has the meatball.

But literally everything else about it is disgusting and offensive. Unbelievable. Sold out to Russian oligarchy. The best thing Gene Haas can do now is just sell the team and settle for F1 sponsorship.

Graphically the livery is great. It's elegant, a bit retro like 80s stripes, has the meatball.
I was just thinking that myself, a white car with borderless red and blue stripes and minimal advertising has a definite late '70s/early '80s vibe. Just remove the thin red line that creates the white stripe and make the front wing a solid color, and it would have a nice throwback feel to it.

It's the 2020 car though.

Haas is in major trouble. It hasn't fitted the engine to the car yet, because the Ferrari engine team can't get from Italy to the UK. A grand livery reveal doesn't even use the 2021 car, which begs a question about where exactly it is; the VF-21 is now scheduled to debut on the first day of the Bahrain test, which is Williams FW42 levels of inept. Haas has also said it will not develop the car during the season at all, as it focuses on the 2022 regs.

One driver is very popular, but not especially feted for his talent. It's also now pretty clear that the "internal" resolution of the fact the other seat is occupied by a dangerous imbecile who can't even apologise properly for sexual assault despite two "attempts" at it came down to how many zeroes were on his father's cheque.

Dorilton Capital must be rubbing its hands with glee at the guaranteed ninth spot.

I always had the feeling HAAS wasn't going anywhere. Their 2 first seasons were rather a nice and fresh surprise seeing them way up there in their first races, but the last 3 seasons they've just deteriorated into mediocrity and anonymity. They've become such a bland and boring team in the field that I honestly never care where they are on the grid, they're just space fillers. At least there is hope for Williams in sight, but for HAAS I think like mentioned by someone above that Mazepin will probably just buy the team and it'll be a Stroll Racing 2.0.

This 2021 car is an utter disappointment. The livery could not possibly have been more bland and lazily put together, and it just looks downright slow, even if it is a 2020 car. Which was...slow.

Guenther Steiner is the only interesting figure in that team.

Last edited:
.....Guenther Steiner is the only interesting figure in that team.

I think the fact that he held on to Grosjean for so long shows he is one of the people that have held the team back.
It appears both Steiner and Grosjean are actually nice people ... But I think the saying is 'nice guys finish last' !!

All the controversy around Marzipan makes me feel bad for Schumacher having to lug around at the back of the grid. Really hope Ferrari can get him out of the Haas and into an Alfa soon.

I think the fact that he held on to Grosjean for so long shows he is one of the people that have held the team back.
It appears both Steiner and Grosjean are actually nice people ... But I think the saying is 'nice guys finish last' !!
It's been said that Steiner was also the driving force behind getting Mazepin and his sponsor's money onboard with Haas, so take what you will from that.

All the controversy around Marzipan makes me feel bad for Schumacher having to lug around at the back of the grid. Really hope Ferrari can get him out of the Haas and into an Alfa soon.
I wonder who between Gio & Kimi goes first to open up that spot.

Something tells me that there won't be too many people in the US russian out to buy Haas merch...

getmecoat.gif

I actually met an entire human being in a grocery store rocking a Haas hat half a year ago, we chatted for a bit. He (somewhat like me) desperately hoped for them to return to their 2018 upwards trend, and collect points here and there with with the problematic ‘19 and ‘20 entries. No idea if I’ll stumble across him again but I’m really curious if he still roots for them now.

I want them to do well for the sake of American representation, and I’d been hoping Logan Sargeant could continue the climb and potentially get a seat there. Since that dream got shuttered with budget struggles and the signing of mazepin I was already going to be struggling to root for them, but now with the complete back bend to Russia I don’t know if I can at all.

Schumacher is just about the only thing they have left going for them and I kinda doubt he’ll be sticking with them for long, both for performance and controversy reasons.

Last edited:
2021 Williams, the model was apparently leaked on some reveal app that they've published. More on Reddit because I don't quite understand, but there you are.

6y8sxesd9xk61.png

Also (possibly) the livery, feel free to correct me!

jc6u8psuh0l61.jpg

Another Redditor has noticed that a Symantec promo image would match the new livery:

Symantec-1280-Reuters.jpg

Last edited:
LOL that Haas livery is so blatant. What, the driver can't use their own flag when racing, so they put it on the car instead? Whatever happened to this ruling?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/russia-mazepin-neutral-flag-f1/5345260/

Somewhere on Reddit (can't find it now) there's a 'shop of it in the sponsor's actual red/green/white colours. It looks the bollocks, it's great. I know nothing about the sponsor so I don't know how genuine the colour scheme could be, if I find it again I'll post it.

If I had any Photoshop abilities I'd make the Russian flag on the Haas entirely blue, and turn the livery into (AFAIK) the US's traditional racing colours, white with blue stripes. I think it'd look pretty good.

Also if the Williams really goes with this livery, I kinda wish they went full crazy and did something along the lines of BMW's art cars. If there's gonna be only a handful of sponsors anyway, they'd probably be happier with something that really stands out.

Somewhere on Reddit (can't find it now) there's a 'shop of it in the sponsor's actual red/green/white colours. It looks the bollocks, it's great. I know nothing about the sponsor so I don't know how genuine the colour scheme could be, if I find it again I'll post it.
This it?

Looks like the one @PeterJB 's tweet shared as well.

Edit: For @Disco_Volante, someone with a similar thought to make it more American.

Last edited:
I don't mind the Haas livery. Nothing to write home about, and I was unaware that national flags couldn't be used as liveries.

I don't mind the Haas livery. Nothing to write home about, and I was unaware that national flags couldn't be used as liveries.

Only Russian ones. It seems that this one is legal in the circumstances as it's not specifically for Mazepin. Doesn't quite have the same snappy smart-arsedness of Buzzin Hornets.

Yeah, the WADA ruling on Russian athletes not being allowed to compete under the Russian flag, but it doesn't stop them using the colours of the flag. As such, this car can be argued that it uses the colours of the Russian Flag in the right order, but the proportions are wrong, meaning at no point does it officially have the flag on it. It's pretty much on the borderline of being illegal, and WADA won't have many issues claiming it's too Russian though.

The outrage is nothing to do with national colours on a car. Alpine have built a livery around Le Tricolore, Aston Martin have gone for British Racing Green, Ferrari have run the Italian flag before and there are plenty of other examples of national flags on cars. This though is just a combination of many factors leading to the reaction it's got. An American team selling out to a Russian oligarch, plastering the Russian flag over to stick their fingers up at a ruling against said country, all for a driver who is vastly unpopular not even for his "rich daddy" image and Russian ancestry (Petrov, Kvyat and Sirotkin were all fine, we didn't care about them being Russian, so Mazepin doesn't deserve that hate either).

The Mazepins are trying to get into F1 like the Strolls, but the difference between the pair of them cannot be bigger. Lance was actually a Champion in the lower formulae and has since scored a bunch of strong results that aren't to be sniffed at. Stroll's only real issues coming into F1 was young age (he was a couple of years too early) and a penchant for causing crashes through lack of spacial awareness in F3. That was it. Lawrence's money kept Williams afloat for a few years, he saved Force India when it went down and now he's bought Aston Martin and saved an even more legendary name from collapsing. Lawrence knows how to spend his money and uses it wisely. And if it means his talented and completely uncontroversial son stays in F1 for a long time. As I said before, pretty much the only thing Lance has ever done wrong for his image is say "uhhhhh" a lot in interviews. He's not a natural public speaker, which in the grand scheme of things is nowhere near the crimes of existence that a lot of idiotic commenters seem to blast him for.

Nikita has shown nothing in Lower Formulae. 2nd in GP3 in 2018 is his only accolade really, His wheel-to-wheel antics can only be described as dangerous. Most of his penalty points and major incidents in F2 can only be attributed to malice and/or deliberate action. You don't drive two people off track at the end of DRS zones without knowing they're there - and that Sochi start crash in 2019 was straight up dangerous rejoining. He's got a reputation for being awful to race on track, not helped by a blight of awful off-track moments of which he's lucky that the sporting authorities seem to give them some kind of immunity because there's some serious criminal charges that could be filed for some of those incidents.

If you're a Mazepin fan, this car is awesome. If you're literally the other 99.9% of the racing community, this livery is a sign of a complete sell-out by Haas and a pandering to a driver we knew wasn't the most worthy of promotion to F1. He wasn't even the best Russian on the F2 grid. Seriously, if this livery was put up because it was Robert Shwartzmann in the seat, the reaction wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as this has been (Obviously it wouldn't go down well, but not to this level).

Nikita needs to be blindingly fast this season or he will be slaughtered by the fans for eternity. Lance Stroll scored a stunning Podium and a Front Row start in the terrible rain in his debut season - has since scored two more podiums and a mega pole position at the wet Istanbul circuit - and still gets hate. The Haas is going to be a backmarker this season, so he doesn't have much chance of anything special, so I don't see Mazepin having any chance to silence the haters. Really, the only good thing about him being at the back is that there won't be many people put in danger of having to battle him wheel to wheel.

Back