2024 Formula 1 Constructors threadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 793 comments
Haas have 15 less, Alfa Romeo have 22 less, Williams are the same (though they've had three 11th places this year to one 14th place last year as their best result), AlphaTauri have 40 more, McLaren have 46 more, Renault have 60 more, and Racing Point have 100 more (not including their penalty deduction).

Tracing Point are obviously the biggest winners (I wonder why), so now Ferrari have gone from being :censored:ed by Mercedes to being spit-roasted.

Honda
Honda needs to funnel its corporate resources in research and development into the areas of future power unit and energy technologies, including fuel cell vehicle (FCV) and battery EV (BEV) technologies, which will be the core of carbon-free technologies. As a part of this move, in April of this year, Honda created a new center called Innovative Research Excellence, Power Unit & Energy. Honda will allocate its energy management and fuel technologies as well as knowledge amassed through F1 activities to this area of power unit and energy technologies and take initiatives while focusing on the future realization of carbon neutrality. Toward this end, Honda made the decision to conclude its participation in F1.

One possible take-away from this is that Honda no longer see F1 development as the technical pinnacle of proto-development that many manufacturers once did?

Well that seems to be a major F for the Sport, could we not have had this from the tyre supplier since I am not a huge fan of the
Pirelli tyres.

Hopefully the other teams will find good replacement engine suppliers.

It’s the same story we see play out in motorsports again and again. The FIA makes regulations based around ‘road relevancy’ to try and pander to OEMs. Because the OEMs have heaps of cash to burn, the development costs skyrocket. But because the OEMs are only in motorsport for marketing their road cars, they’ll pull the plug the instant the bean counters decide the return on investment isn’t high enough. End result is the costs are too high to be sustainable.
This could be solved by telling the OEMs to jog on and instead making regulations that are geared towards smaller garagista outfits. But FOM won’t do it, because OEMs bring in far more money for the top brass.

F1 would be better off if the only engine suppliers were Cosworth, Judd, Ilmor, Gibson, Mechachrome, and AER. 3 litre, 4 stroke, natural aspiration, no hybrid system, mechanical valve springs, no exotic alloys in the engine construction, and a 100kg fuel limit to start the race on. No limits on cylinder count or layout, wjd engines only need to last a single session. Costs would dramatically decrease, noise and excitement would increase, and there’d be far more grid variety in engine design. But nooo, the FIA and FOM won’t ever do anything approaching that because then Mercedes and Renault would leave and take all their money and marketing with them.

So, Red Bull's options at this point are:

- Try to beg Mercedes to add two extra power unit customers from 2022 onwards, one of which would be an established top team. (Unlikely)
- See if Ferrari are prepared to supply them with power units. (Even if they could get them, would they want them?)
- Go trudging back to Renault. (We all know how that relationship played out)

Can't say that this is pleasing news at all. Not at all.

So, Red Bull's options at this point are:

- Try to beg Mercedes to add two extra power unit customers from 2022 onwards, one of which would be an established top team. (Unlikely)
- See if Ferrari are prepared to supply them with power units. (Even if they could get them, would they want them?)
- Go trudging back to Renault. (We all know how that relationship played out)

Can't say that this is pleasing news at all. Not at all.
They sort of had a backup back when Aston Martin were their sponsor. They could’ve convinced Mercedes to sell them a Merc engine with an AM badge slapped on it, as a bit of a marketing reference to how Aston is now using Mercedes engines. It would’ve been a win-win; if the engine went bang they could call it an Aston and Mercedes gets no bad press. Red Bull wins and everyone talks about how it’s ‘actually a Merc’.

then Stroll bought out Force India and acquired a major stake in Aston. Renault is their only realistic option now. In short, they’re shagged.

Red Bull are in an awkward position as of now but with their massive resources they could start making their own engines, if they feel the need to continue in the 'environmentally out of favour' F1 brand at all.

Is this for Helmut & Co also a surprise? I cannot imagine (forgive me for being naive) that this news comes as a surprise for them. They already knew when signing the Concorde Agreement. We only have to wait until the news leaks or for the official announcements coming soonish (read as: in 2021).

Don't blame Max if he he bails now, but the timing hurts his chances for a seat until Hamilton possibly retires.

There's no way RB can just make their own engine over night. Look at how long it took honda to not **** it up. They dont have any engine expertise at all. They make chassis, not engines.

Best chance is Renault. But i doubt Cyril will oblige them.

I hope they get left out to dry for always ******** on their engine suppliers anyways.

Mazepin is suing Force India over a claimed lack of honesty or due diligence in choosing the highest bidder. Mazepin claims that Stroll did not give the highest bid or, if he did, Stroll had inside knowledge of Mazepin's bid.

Last edited:
Mazepin is suing Force India over a claimed lack of honesty or due diligence in choosing the highest bidder. Mazepin claims that Stroll did not give the highest bid or, if he did, Stroll had inside knowledge of Mazepin's bid.
I really hope Mazepin loses the case and somehow he gets his degenerate son kicked out of F1 too.

BUT....
Most likely Mazepin will try to go after Haas F1.

Last edited:
I really hope Mazepin loses the case and somehow he gets his degenerate son kicked out of F1 too.

BUT....
Most likely Mazepin will try to go after Haas F1.

I feel while Haas the F1 team is relatively small financially speaking (that we know of) Haas the automation, CNC and general American racing behemoth aren't lacking cash. Can't see them being sold on. I get the feeling Gene Haas would rather just fold the team than sell it to a corrupt Russian. Or anyone for that matter.

Meanwhile. Ferrari and Haas sharing ever more resources, including space and staff.
https://wtf1.com/post/ferrari-are-creating-a-base-for-the-haas-f1-team-at-maranello/

Last edited:
Back