2024 Formula 1 Constructors threadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 793 comments
I hope that what the teams come up with can actually somehow look something a lot nicer
Mercedes came up with this - though it is only a Photoshop of the F1 2022 Prototype:

1626438054859.png

McLaren have also stuck their livery on what they call F1s "interpretation" of the 2022 car. Kinda suggests they know the real cars are going to be a bit different.

Last edited:
Michael Andretti is looking to buy an F1 team, not sure why though considering he can't even get his team that races in a 99.9% spec series to be consistently competitive.

Michael Andretti is looking to buy an F1 team, not sure why though considering he can't even get his team that races in a 99.9% spec series to be consistently competitive.

Out of who was mentioned in that article I feel like Haas is the most likely candidate to sell, or at least make it a 50/50 partnership to start out. I can't see Dorilton wanting to ditch their investment in Williams so quickly, and I've heard nothing about Alfa seeking to make an exit.

Of course, it's just as likely that all of this goes nowhere and is forgotten by the end of the season. More likely than any of those teams selling, actually.

Rumour is that Andretti is looking to buy Sauber with some financial help from Gainbridge. They currently sponsor Colton Herta’s car in indy. 2023 is their target apparently.

Last edited:
Last edited:
"According to our info" = "Some bloke at the pub swears it, and certainly the economic situation won't change in the next four years".

"According to our info" = "Some bloke at the pub swears it, and certainly the economic situation won't change in the next four years".
Well Tobi works for AMuS who are relatively reliable, certainly more than most random "journalists" on twitter, but it's indeed still just the same 3rd party chatter we've heard for over two decades now.

It seems a little odd to me that both Audi and Porsche would join, that's 2 brands from the VAG umbrella and i'm guessing a hell of a lot of money spent developing and running 2 'different' teams / suppliers (however they end up joining)

Are they both not interested in WEC too?

It seems a little odd to me that both Audi and Porsche would join, that's 2 brands from the VAG umbrella and i'm guessing a hell of a lot of money spent developing and running 2 'different' teams / suppliers (however they end up joining)

I'd imagine if both joined the program would be jointly developed similar to how their LMDh program is. At that point it would just be a question of what team uses what brand or if they just slap both on the car 917-30 style.

Porsche_917-30_1973_Spyder_Racer_Sunoco_Porsche%2BAudi_Racing_RSideFront_PorscheM_9June2013_%2814825894199%29.jpg

I would be more inclined to believe it would be along the lines of VAG producing the engine and being released under two licenses.
That's how i see it working. Same engine, badged as Audi for one team and as Porsche for another. Like they do with their wheelie bin lid engine covers on their road cars.

Tie up with Red Bull, Red Bull Porsche and AlphaTauri Audi would be likely.

I would be more inclined to believe it would be along the lines of VAG producing the engine and being released under two licenses.

Tie up with Red Bull, Red Bull Porsche and AlphaTauri Audi would be likely.
Thats what I thought too, so then there is nothing in the technical regs stating an engine supplier must solely be responsible for the design and build of it or anything along those lines? I know a few years ago the Red Bull Renault was rebranded as TAG, but if I'm remembering correctly wasn't there input from Ilmor (Or a different company?)

Thats what I thought too, so then there is nothing in the technical regs stating an engine supplier must solely be responsible for the design and build of it or anything along those lines? I know a few years ago the Red Bull Renault was rebranded as TAG, but if I'm remembering correctly wasn't there input from Ilmor (Or a different company?)
VAG wouldn't need to worry about, the changes in the rules announced a couple of years ago actively encourage it as part of the new generation.

From Ross Brawn:

"There are regulations coming out which would mean new entrants will get support from existing entrants. There will be components and technology which will have to be shared if it is requested.

"There has been a recognition from the existing manufacturers that they can't shut the door behind them. If we start to get serious interest from another manufacturer or supplier, they have to cooperate to find ways of helping that manufacturer come into F1."

VAG wouldn't need to worry about, the changes in the rules announced a couple of years ago actively encourage it as part of the new generation.

From Ross Brawn:

"There are regulations coming out which would mean new entrants will get support from existing entrants. There will be components and technology which will have to be shared if it is requested.

"There has been a recognition from the existing manufacturers that they can't shut the door behind them. If we start to get serious interest from another manufacturer or supplier, they have to cooperate to find ways of helping that manufacturer come into F1."
Ferrari are doing their best to prevent it though, they'll veto any attempts to let them have a higher spend/dev to start with. From the BBC article:
Part of the new rules governing engines from 2026 will be a budget cap and other limitations on development. It had been proposed that any new manufacturer - eg a VW brand - be given a leg-up by allowing them higher levels of spending and/or development either as they geared up to entry, or when they first started in F1.

But the existing manufacturers - particularly Ferrari - have refused to accept this. Negotiations are ongoing, but as Ferrari have said no, this is unlikely to be agreed.

Back