2021 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 416 comments
I'll be honest, I forgot about this thread. :boggled:

News on the Bengals' front: A.J. Green is now a Cardinal. With Watt, they've now got a solid JJ and AJ (assuming he can stay healthy). I wish Green the best. He was a beast for the Bengals, being a perennial Pro Bowler from the get-go his rookie season. It's just unfortunate he became injury prone. Oh, and the fact Cincy couldn't win a playoff game with him. :grumpy: Sucks to see such a quiet, humble baller leave, but it's what is best for the team. Plus, let's face it, he'll have a much better chance of winning a ring in Arizona than Cincy unless the Bengals seriously upgrade their line to protect Burrow.

Speaking of which, the Bengals did FINALLY make a move and sign an offensive tackle in Riley Reiff today. So that's one piece of the puzzle. Also 8 time Pro Bowler Geno Atkins was released saving the Bengals some cap space. He was immediately replaced by the incoming Larry Ogunjobi from the Browns. Finally, backup QB Ryan Finley was sent to John's Texans. Considering the news surrounding Watson, they may need him.

Re: Deshaun Watson

Number of people accusing him of some kind of sexual misconduct now stands at nine.

16 as of today.

I honestly don't know what to think. I see Deshaun and I don't see an absolute madman or lunatic like AB in his destructive "prime". Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Sorry for the now TRIPLE post :lol

maxresdefault.jpg

Goldilocks is a lock at No.1 for the Jags, according to Urban Meyer himself:

https://us.as.com/us/2021/03/30/nfl/1617059867_788204.html -could not find a source in english :( sorry.

Also, Lawrece is not attending the draft, which will be held in Cleveland this year. Now, please, for the love of God, don't turn him into Blaine Gabbert 2.0 Jaguars. PLEASE.

I absolutely didn't see that one coming.

On paper it sounds and looks good. But in reality I see it going on two different ways: An exciting week full of games with playoff implications or a glorified preseason week.

My guess is that it will be the 2nd one.

Can you imagine if HE was on the cover of Madden last year? Ooh boy, it'd make me a believer in that curse.

Jerome

Good news: Sam Darnold is finally free from the Jets. Sad News: Now it's guaranteed that Zach Wilson is going to be the next great prospect to be ruined by them.

I'm already pressing F for Wilson :/

Good news: Sam Darnold is finally free from the Jets.

Just need to look at how well Ryan Tannehill has played since escaping from Adam Gase. Hoping that Darnold can replicate this. Really like this deal for the Panthers.

Last edited:
Just need to look at how well Ryan Tannehill has played since escaping from Adam Gase. Hoping that Darnold can replicate this. Really like this deal for the Panthers.

So now you guys got Darnold can you please return Teddy B to the Saints?

Thanks in advance

:lol:

Giovani Bernard was released by the Bengals today. Sad to see him go. :( He was a solid player and great overall guy.

Despite he is not an elite back, he stayed with the same team for a very long amount of time. That is extremely rare for a RB these days.

Hope he gets a new team soon.

Despite he is not an elite back, he stayed with the same team for a very long amount of time. That is extremely rare for a RB these days.

Hope he gets a new team soon.
He spent one year as the main back before becoming the "change of pace" guy. That, and he was excellent at taking short passes and taking them for far longer than what should be possible. I believe I heard today that he holds the Bengals franchise record for catches by a running back. I hope he gets a chance for a ring somewhere. Because as you said, he was with the team for quite a while and was a fan favorite.

I also saw one interesting tidbit about the current roster. There are only 3 guys who participated in their last playoff game that are still on the team. Those players are Kevin Huber, Clark Harris and C.J. Uzomah. Yep, that would be the punter, long snapper and back up tight end. :lol:

Yeah, I actually liked Alex Smith. I know him more, though, for his time in college. He helped carry the University of Utah when Utah was in the Mountain West (now in Pac-12). I still recall Utah running over the U. of Pittsburgh in the 2004 Fiesta Bowl. So again- all the best of Alex Smith in his retirement.

Last edited:
Thoughts guys? This is THE TRADE that could disrupt the draft if you ask me.

Just from a fan's perspective. I'm glad the Panthers were able to get something in return for him, even if was only a 6th rounder and clear a bit of cap space as well. Teddy definitely has the talent, just not sold on him as anything more than a high quality backup at this point. Maybe that all changes in Denver though.

Also, interesting stat regarding the trade.

Last edited:
Well, today is the day. The lives of many a college football player will culminate into going from college to pro with the 2021 NFL Draft. What does your team need? What college stars will go to what team? All will be answered between now and whomever becomes "Mr. Irrelevant."

Enjoy the 2021 NFL Draft! I'll see what my Houston Texans will try to do in trying to clean up our hot mess.

Well, today is the day. The lives of many a college football player will culminate into going from college to pro with the 2021 NFL Draft. What does your team need? What college stars will go to what team? All will be answered between now and whomever becomes "Mr. Irrelevant."

Enjoy the 2021 NFL Draft! I'll see what my Houston Texans will try to do in trying to clean up our hot mess.

What do my Raiders need? Someone that can draft and a coaching staff that can develop talent. Overall, only Josh Jacobs has been good. The rest of the 1st round guys that have been drafted in this regime have been meh at best.

As for the Browns, I think they should go LB or DT in the 1st round. The rest of the team is packed. I would even give Olivier Vernon a call to see if he is interested to resign on a 1 cheap 1 year deal to play OLB to retun to The Land.

If indeed Aaron Rogers gets shipped off to some other team, where would the best fit be for him? You know... granted he doesn't become permanent host of "Jeopardy!" or something...

Third NDSU QB in a row to be drafted. Sadly, there won't be a fourth consecutive.

Hopefully Wentz settles in with the Colts, the Chargers actually use Stick here and there and Lance is as good as his brief stint in the FCS looked.

Surprise! The Bengals don't select an offensive lineman in the 1st round...:rolleyes: Chase and Burrow are a good connection, clearly, but it will be hard for Burrow to get the ball to Chase if Burrow is laying on his back after getting sacked.

Surprise! The Bengals don't select an offensive lineman in the 1st round...:rolleyes: Chase and Burrow are a good connection, clearly, but it will be hard for Burrow to get the ball to Chase if Burrow is laying on his back after getting sacked.

Ya, I was shocked by that. They need some big dudes upfront or Burrow isn't going to last very long before he has a horrific injury, which would be a goddamn shame since he is a good QB. Chase is a quality WR though and I'm sure the chemistry between him and Burrow will help, but WRs are easy enough to pick up in free agency or even later rounds of the draft. Big dudes up front are hard to come by. Still, I'm glad they passed on Sewell because that meant the Lions could get him

Back