2021 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 416 comments
National Football League, or No Fun League? It seems like the NFL is making some points to limit players and teams from taunting. Character and passion are what makes sports great. It's like you see basketball players flexing after a made dunk or maybe seeing a bat flip from sure home run blasts. But in the NFL, they want to curb that. Sure these are professional athletes, but you have to allow for players to have fun and bring passion. This is probably going to drive away hordes of fans if regulations of such actions cheapens the game.

I'm sorry I forgot to update on my Texans. Anyhow... the Houston Texans' 2021 preseason ends in a loss. We failed 23-16 to the defending champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Turnovers were a big part of this one. The Texans ineptitude to score touchdowns was also a factor.

Oh, well. It's just Preseason. First game that matters for the Texans begins on September 12 here in Houston as the Texans host AFC South rival Jacksonville Jaguars.

TEAM ANALYSIS The Houston Texans seem inept on offense, but their saving grace this season will be their defense. Defense will give you a chance to stay in games even if the offense sputters. The explosive offensive power is vastly muted with DeShaun Watson no longer the starting quarterback. Also, I am uncertain if some of the newer offense talent will make the Texans anywhere near contender within one to three seasons. I do think this game is capable of anything better than 3-14, like a lot of people are predicting. Fewest wins the Texans ever got in any season was two, and they did that twice. I am not excited about this season for my Texans, but I do think we'll have to slowly build and develop to return to being playoff contenders.

Get ready for the 2021 NFL season!

I wonder who would pick up Cam Newton, unless if he's pretty much done. Heck, my Texans could even pick him up if/when DeShaun Watson is finally traded. By the way, I been hearing rumors now that the Miami Dolphins may scoop up D. Watson.

Every NFL team is 0-0. Every team has a chance to win the championship. Week 1 begins another season of football madness. Here are some of the many games lined up for Week 1:

• DAL Cowboys at TB Buccaneers (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL) <<< TB defending champions
  • JAX Jaguars at HOU Texans
  • MIN Vikings at CIN Bengals
  • ARI Cardinals at TEN Titans
  • PIT Steelers at BUF Bills
  • DEN Broncos at NYG Giants
  • CHI Bears at LA Rams (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • BAL Ravens at LV Raiders (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

Enjoy the 2021 season!

Every NFL team is 0-0. Every team has a chance to win the championship. Week 1 begins another season of football madness. Here are some of the many games lined up for Week 1:

• DAL Cowboys at TB Buccaneers (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL) <<< TB defending champions
  • JAX Jaguars at HOU Texans
  • MIN Vikings at CIN Bengals
  • ARI Cardinals at TEN Titans
  • PIT Steelers at BUF Bills
  • DEN Broncos at NYG Giants
  • CHI Bears at LA Rams (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • BAL Ravens at LV Raiders (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

Enjoy the 2021 season!
Have to admit I’ll be watching the Thursday game because of Tampa Bay. They’re rock and roll football right now. It’s like the Chicago Bulls when they had Jordan, Pippen and Rodman. I never found the Chiefs to be must-watch; probably because their defense was not that good.

The 2021 season begins tonight with the defending champions hosting the Dallas Cowboys. Every game between now and the Super Bowl (excluding the Pro Bowl) are all towards hoisting the Lombardi Trophy at season's end. Enjoy the first game of the season later on tonight!

It's the first meaningful Sunday this season! Lot of games coming up to kick off the new season of NFL football. All of which is capped in the nightcap with the Chicago Bears at the Los Angeles Rams.

Cheer on your favorite team(s), and enjoy this first Sunday of the 2021 NFL season!

So the experts think the Houston Texans will win maybe three games in 2021. So the experts think Trevor Lawrence will shine in his debut at my Texans' expense. Well... what's happening, homie? The Houston Texans downed the Jacksonville Jaguars 37-21. Even the Jags completed an inconsequential touchdown drive with about five seconds left in the game. There were even some technical difficulties later in the game in the 2-minute warning of the 4th Quarter.

The Houston Texans will go on the road and meet the Cleveland Browns next. In fact, we're the only AFC South team that won this week. Indianapolis lost bad to Seattle 28-16, Tennessee lost to Arizona 38-13, and obviously, my Texans defeated Jacksonville.

Congratulations to all of this week's winners!

[UPDATE] Forgot to mention HOU's next opponent! Changes made.

Last edited:
So the Lions can mount a comeback without Stafford it seems. I'm sure some of it had to do with the 49ers getting complacent and just not giving 100%, but there was a legitimate chance the Lions could've won that game at the end. It makes me excited for the season because I know we're firmly in a rebuilding year and I'm not expecting anything out of the team. The fact that they're making games enjoyable is fine by me.

Also, checking in on the Rams game, apparently, Stafford is really good when he has a competent team behind him. 321yds, 20-26, and 3TDs? Ya, I hope he can stay healthy and keep this up, because with the Lions out of contention for anything this year, I'm cheering on the Rams just because I want Stafford to get a ring.

I didn't get to see the Bengals game as I had to work. All I know is Cincy got the win in OT with a field goal against the Vikes. According to the box score, Mixon had a solid game and 1st round pick Ja'Marr Chase had a handy dandy 50 yard TD catch from Burrow on his way to 101 total receiving yards.

I'm moving up to Indy in a couple weeks for a new job, so I will finally have weekends free for the first time in 16 years. Problem is, I won't be able to watch the Bengals and Reds up there (though maybe that's a good thing as Cincinnati teams have a way of getting hopes up only to dash them every year :lol:) Living between Cincinnati and Indianapolis all my life, I have had a soft spot for the Colts as well, so all won't be bad and I will be able to see their games now. Of course they'll probably disappoint me, because that's been the story of my life.

Problem is, I won't be able to watch the Bengals and Reds up there
NFL Sunday Ticket and MLB.tv. Even though I live in Utah, I watch every Lions game, and when I bought MLB, every Tigers game too. If you know someone who's a student at a university anywhere in the country and they're willing to let you use their e-mail address, you can get Sunday Ticket for $100 for the season. They run promo codes every now and then too. I think altogether I paid $185 for the NFL season this year since my university work e-mail no longer works to get me the student rate.

NFL Sunday Ticket and MLB.tv. Even though I live in Utah, I watch every Lions game, and when I bought MLB, every Tigers game too. If you know someone who's a student at a university anywhere in the country and they're willing to let you use their e-mail address, you can get Sunday Ticket for $100 for the season. They run promo codes every now and then too. I think altogether I paid $185 for the NFL season this year since my university work e-mail no longer works to get me the student rate.
I don't know if I have it in me to pay for those. I'd much rather enjoy it with my cable package. Oh well, I'll decide what to do when the time comes.

Before I hype up the first Monday Night Football game of the 2021 season, let me share a stat I heard yesterday with the Jaguars at Texans game. I think I heard the Texans had only three interceptions forced all of last season. Yesterday alone, the Texans had three interceptions. This was a great performance even though the Texans were playing Jacksonville. Anyhow, on to tonight!

Ravens at Raiders TONIGHT!

Under most circumstances, we'd have two Monday Night games to kick off the new season. This season, just one. I am not sure if this is the first-ever Monday Night Football game held in Las Vegas or not. Anyhow, we have some East-meets-West action here. The Baltimore Ravens finished the 2020 season with an 11-5 record. They tied for 2nd in the AFC North with the Cleveland Browns. The artists formerly known as the Oakland Raiders are in their second season as the Las Vegas Raiders. The Raiders finished 8-8 last season, 3rd in the AFC West. A few injury troubles may hamper the Ravens' success tonight (and maybe this season), but can Baltimore (or as the cool kids say, "B-More") take down the black and silver boys? We'll find out tonight!

Because someone asked for betting info, I always include betting information to compliment my posts for Monday Nights. So here are the numbers for this game:

FAVORED: BAL (-4.0)
OVER/UNDER: 50.5 points

Enjoy the game if you'll be watching!

Rumors already flying that Urban Meyer will be resigning soon from Jacksonville to take the open position at USC. In order to avoid scrutiny, people speculate he will claim health reasons and state he needs to go to Los Angeles for treatment, whereupon he will receive a clean bill of health and immediately take the USC position.

I'm glad my Houston Texans defeated the Jacksonville Jaguars, but this almost seems like one of those "too early" things. It's not like we beat them 56-0 or something, but I'd give Urban Meyer a bit more of a leash.

Just because you're 1-0 after Week 1 doesn't mean you're going to the Super Bowl. Just because you're 0-1 after Week 1 doesn't mean you're a lock for the first overall draft pick in the next NFL Draft. Here is a look at some of Week 2's games:

• NYG Giants at WAS {Football Team} (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • CIN Bengals at CHI Bears
  • HOU Texans at CLE Browns
  • BUF Bills at MIA Dolphins
  • NE Patriots at NYJ Jets
  • DEN Broncos at JAX Jaguars
  • DAL Cowboys at LA Chargers
  • KC Chiefs at BAL Ravens (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • DET Lions at GB Packers (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

As I was reading the headlines on Yahoo! Sports, I want to offer my condolences in loving memory of DE Parys Haralson. He died at 37 years old and played for New Orleans and San Francisco.

Enjoy Week 2!

Enjoy New York Giants at Washington {Football Team} if you'll be watching! Let's see what Week 2 brings.

Enjoy New York Giants at Washington {Football Team} if you'll be watching! Let's see what Week 2 brings.
Stayed up until the end in London and what a way to lose a game!

I'm seeing some positives over last week though, so it's not all bad.

It was 31-21, Cleveland Browns defeating my Houston Texans in Cleveland. The Brownies simply had more energy. The Texans had a lot of players be slow to get up. Bad enough, one of those gentlemen was our QB, Tyrod Taylor. This was going to be a tough test regardless. Texans now 1-1 on the 2021 season.

Up next for the Houston Texans... we're back home for our only non-Sunday afternoon game. We host the Carolina Panthers this Thursday night at NRG Stadium.

It was 31-21, Cleveland Browns defeating my Houston Texans in Cleveland. The Brownies simply had more energy. The Texans had a lot of players be slow to get up. Bad enough, one of those gentlemen was our QB, Tyrod Taylor. This was going to be a tough test regardless. Texans now 1-1 on the 2021 season.

Up next for the Houston Texans... we're back home for our only non-Sunday afternoon game. We host the Carolina Panthers this Thursday night at NRG Stadium.

I was very impressed with the Texans this game. For a team most thought was going to be fighting for the 1st overall pick in the draft they played very well, and I really hate to say this but if Tyrod didn’t come up lame at the end of the half I really doubt the Browns would have won.

Well, thank you for the support of my Houston Texans, danhighway. A number of the Texans who went down yesterday will be evaluated. Not much turnaround time for my Texans- back at it this Thursday night vs. the Carolina Panthers. Meanwhile...

Lions at Packers TONIGHT!

We got ourselves some good old Midwestern football. In vogue tonight is not only the NFC, but the NFC North. A pack of ferocious cats from the Motor City will take to the field on the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field. Looking to defend home from the Detroit Lions are the boys in green and gold- the Green Bay Packers. Don't know of any Packers fans on GTPlanet, but I'm sure this game interests Joey D and AnthonyD1993 for Detroit. Both teams are 0-1 and with their own issues to attend to. So who will improve to 1-1 on the season? Or could both teams go 0-1-1 after tonight? Get ready for some Monday Night Football from Green Bay, Wisconsin!

--- BETTING INFO ---
FAVORED: GB (-11.5)
OVER/UNDER: 48.5 points

If you'll be watching tonight's game, enjoy tonight's action!

So who will improve to 1-1 on the season?
The Lions have a legitimate shot at winning if "ref ball" doesn't go into effect. However, it's the Lions on national TV against a team that the NFL likes for whatever reason, so I fully expect them to get penalized out of the game.

Giants are 0-2 for, what, the 10th straight year? 🤦‍♂️
Whatever it is, it's too long.

This is Danny Dimes' 3rd year so there's nowhere to hide now. Although the O line played better in the second game, it's still a concern despite the higher ups saying it was a priority to fix it for the past few years.

Last edited:
It was 35-17 last night in Green Bay as the Green Bay Packers downed the Detroit Lions.

The first week of NFL football in Fall/Autumn is this week- Week 3. Some teams may be 2-0, 1-1, or (sadly) 0-2 so far. Let's see some of the many games this week:

• CAR Panthers at HOU Texans (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • WAS {Football Team} at BUF Bills
  • CHI Bears at CLE Browns
  • BAL Ravens at DET Lions
  • ATL Falcons at NYG Giants
  • CIN Bengals at PIT Steelers
  • NYJ Jets at DEN Broncos
  • MIA Dolphins at LV Raiders
  • TB Buccaneers at LAR Rams
  • GB Packers at SF 49ers (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • PHI Eagles at DAL Cowboys (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

That's all for this post. Enjoy this week's games!

Latest Posts

Back