2021 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 416 comments
Jon Gruden has resigned as the HC of the Raiders following the revelation of multiple racist, homophobic and misogynistic emails sent by him to the NFL over the past decade.

Edited for clarification.

Last edited:
Indianapolis seemed to have the win in hand last night, but the Baltimore Ravens thought otherwise. The Ravens beat the Colts 31-25 in Indianapolis.

Week 6 is here! Yeah, can you believe we're already into Week 6? This will be the first week of teams on Bye weeks for this inaugural 17-game season of NFL football. Some of this week's games are included below. Check it out:

• TB Buccaneers at PHI Eagles (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • MIA Dolphins vs. JAX Jaguars <<< game played in London, England, UK
  • GB Packers at CHI Bears
  • CIN Bengals at DET Lions
  • HOU Texans at IND Colts
  • MIN Vikings at CAR Panthers
  • DAL Cowboys at NE Patriots
  • SEA Seahawks at PIT Steelers (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • BUF Bills at TEN Titans (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
WEEK 6 BYE WEEK TEAMS: ATL, NYJ, NO, SF

I hope your favorite teams are doing well. If not, I hope times get better for your favorite teams.

Enjoy week 6!

Buccaneers at Eagles TONIGHT! You ready? Enjoy tonight's action if you'll be watching/following!

NFL action is going on right now with the Miami Dolphins vs. the Jacksonville Jaguars. Enjoy all of today and tonight's action, including the nightcap of the Seattle Seahawks at the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Looking forward to the Browns game tonight. Seeing everyone turn up in the Muni Lot is making me miss home bad. (Oh why can't their be game studios in Cleveland). Hopefully we end the Cardinals win streak tonight, although with Chubb out with a Calf injury, who knows how we'll play.

JAGS WIN!

The Jacksonville Jaguars are no longer winless. Their 20-game losing streak came to an end in London, England, UK when they battled the Miami Dolphins. The kick that tied the game at 20 was on a long field goal that looked wide right but then hooked left to clear the uprights. The game-winner was a no-doubt 50+ yard field goal for Jacksonville to win 23-20. Both JAX and MIA are now 1-5 on the 2021 season.

Other games still going on at this point. I'll complain about my Texans latest fail later (if we do eventually). Otherwise, hope you're enjoying this week of action.

Five straight 🤬 losses and stuck on one 🤬 win. The Houston Texans lose again at Indianapolis. All-time, the Texans have won either one or two games at Indy. This time, a 31-3 fail.

Up next for the Houston Texans... at the [currently undefeated] Arizona Cardinals. Meaning we reunite with DeAndre Hopkins and JJ Watt.

Rant complete. Now I'll go grind my teeth or cry in a corner or something. Congratulations to all winners from this week!

[UPDATE] HOU lost 31-3, not 34-3. Changes made.

Last edited:
It took Overtime, but the Pittsburgh Steelers held off the Seattle Seahawks 23-20.

Bills at Titans TONIGHT!

The AFC is in vogue tonight as two of its division leaders will clash tonight in Nashville. It is the Buffalo Bills who lead the AFC East and have a 4-1 record heading into tonight. Leading the AFC South is the Tennessee Titans at 3-2. There is still a lot of season left, but these two certainly have proven themselves thus far. Who will be the winner once this game is complete? Find out tonight!

--- BETTING INFO ---
FAVORED: BUF (-6)
OVER/UNDER: 53.5 pts.

Enjoy tonight's game should you be watching or following!

Being in Indy and it being a Sunday day game, naturally the Colts were on TV. I got to see the them beat up on Houston (sorry, John). What I didn't get to see was the beatdown the Bengals put on Detroit (sorry, Joey).

To add to that, on Saturday I got to watch Purdue handle #2 Iowa and Cincinnati breeze past UCF and pull themselves up to #2. It was a good weekend.

Yeah, Bengals are ballin'. Arizona is the only remaining undefeated team, and Detroit is currently the only winless team. What a season.

The Tennessee Titans beat the Buffalo Bills 34-31 last night in Nashville.

Let's do Week 7, GTPlanet! But lucky 7? Or unlucky 7? Anyhow, the latest round of games is coming your way starting with a nice Thursday night game. Here are some of the many games slated for Week 7:

• DEN Browns at CLE Browns (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • WAS {Football Team} at GB Packers
  • NYJ Jets at NE Patriots
  • CAR Panthers at NYG Giants
  • CIN Bengals at BAL Ravens
  • DET Lions at LAR Rams <<< DET currently wineless
  • HOU Texans at ARI Cardinals <<< ARI currently undefeated
  • IND Colts at SF 49ers (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • NO Saints at SEA Seahawks (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
BYE WEEK TEAMS: BUF, DAL, JAX, LAC, MIN, and PIT

I think my Houston Texans have basically waved the white flag on the 2021 season. No- not the racing white flag, but the surrender flag. Whitney Mercilus is told to be released soon by the Houston Texans. He was one of the best defenders for the Texans for as long as he suited up and played. Now this is basically a glorified expansion team. Wondering things like, "how do we win this game?" I'll be surprised if the Texans lose by 10 points or fewer taking on Arizona, and even more surprised if we somehow win. If the Jaguars remember how to win and know what winning feels like, I'm pretty sure Detroit will figure things out themselves and avoid trying to go for the first overall draft pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.

How are your favorite team(s) doing so far? Enjoy Week 7, GTPlaneteers!

There is word that there may be a strong possibility the Houston Texans will finally trade DeShaun Watson. Word has it he may get traded to the Miami Dolphins. Houston REALLY needs all the help they can get. If shipping off DeShaun Watson helps, then so be it. I hope we get someone [at least] decent in return.

Elsewhere...

This week of NFL football begins tonight as the Denver Broncos meet the Cleveland Browns. Both teams are 3-3, and unless a tie happens, someone will be 4-3 after tonight in "The Land." Enjoy this game should you be watching or following!

Before my Houston Texans get stomped on at the [currently undefeated] Arizona and lose their sixth straight (hoping not), let me touch up on completed games up to the time of this post...

* It was 24-10 in Green Bay, Wisconsin as the Packers took down the Washington Football Team.

* The Tennessee Titans defended home very nicely by routing the visiting Kansas City Chiefs 27-3. There was a scary moment where Patrick Mahomes of KC took a hit to the head.

* After their stunning defeat in London last week to Jacksonville, the Miami Dolphins failed again. This time, losing 30-28 at home to the Atlanta Falcons.

* Foxboro, Massachusetts was a No-Fly Zone as the New England Patriots grounded the New York Jets 54-13.

* New York Jets failed. How did the other New York team do? Well, they nicely handled the Carolina Panthers at home 25-3.

* If you sense Dolph Drago smiling, that's because the Cincinnati Bengals continue to ball this season with their latest game at the Baltimore Ravens. Ask a Bengals fan how it feels to beat Baltimore 41-17 on the road.

Games coming up or in progress include the following:
  • HOU Texans at ARI Cardinals
  • CHI Bears at TB Buccaneers

The nightcap is IND Colts at SF 49ers. Monday Night will see NO Saints at SEA Seahawks.

Last edited:
The Houston Texans reunited with DeAndre Hopkins and JJ Watt in Arizona. The Cardinals downed the Texans 31-5. It's the first-ever time in NFL history (apparently) that a game has ended 31-5. Meanwhile... six straight losses for the Texans. Now the Texans are dead last in the AFC South. Next game: at home vs. the Los Angeles Rams Halloween Sunday here in Houston.

Elsewhere...

The Los Angeles Rams kept the Detroit Lions winless with a 29-18 victory in Inglewood, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers blasted Chicago at home 38-3. Tom Brady threw his 600th career touchdown pass today.

Congratulations to all winners from this week!

Last edited:
Ask a Bengals fan how it feels to beat Baltimore 41-17 on the road.
Feels good. :) It was not the result I was expecting, but I'll take it. And since I visited my parents today, I actually got to see the game.

By the way, Chase is incredible. Over 200 yards and a TD. If you get a chance to watch his 82 yard touchdown catch and run, check it out. I was worried when we drafted him over a lineman, but he and Burrow clearly have one hell of a connection. And the o-line has been keeping Burrow mostly safe, so it's working out.

Last edited:
The Bengals are the best team in the AFC! I might actually go back to GT Sport just to rep the liveries I made last year.
20211025_013554.jpg
20211025_013453.jpg
20211025_013347.jpg
20211025_013628.jpg

The Los Angeles Rams kept the Detroit Lions winless with a 29-18 victory in Inglewood,
That doesn't really do the craziness of the 1st quarter justice. Lions did 2 fake punts and an onside kick to go 10-0 up. Luckily, (sorry @Joey D ) they're still a bit rubbish and we came back and got the win but it was a hell of a lot more nerve wracking than I was expecting.

Goff was just doing Goff things. Looking decent most of the game, but a couple of delay of game penalties as he couldn't work out what was happening is classic Goff.

The Indianapolis Colts won at the San Francisco 49ers 30-18 on Sunday Night Football. As for tonight, meanwhile...

Saints and Seahawks TONIGHT!

The Pacific Northwest's only NFL team welcome some boys from the Dirty South. The NFC is in vogue tonight as the NFC South's New Orleans Saints meet the NFC West's Seattle Seahawks. Who 'dat say dey gon' beat dem Saints? The 2-4 Seattle Seahawks probably did. Can the Seahawks soar over the 3-2 New Orleans Saints? Find out tonight in the beautiful Emerald City of Seattle!

--- BETTING INFO ---
  • FAVORED: NO (-4)
  • OVER/UNDER: 41.5 points

Enjoy tonight's game!

These two losses are causing the Dolphins franchise to unravel. Doesn't look good down here.

I feel like Grier and Flores made great moves with respect to the secondary, but apart from that they've looked to be pretty clueless with respect to their evaluation of talent in other areas. The offensive line is embarrassing.

Kinda sad that I had more fun watching the Ryder Cup than the last couple of Dolphins games I've watched.

Last edited:
So are you suggesting the Miami Dolphins are heading into a downward spiral or in a funk, @Omnis ? And what about if DeShaun Watson possibly gets traded from the Houston Texans to Miami?

It was a low-scoring night in Seattle last night as the New Orleans Saints defeated the Seattle Seahawks 13-10.

On to Week 8 now! By now, we're pretty clear as to what teams are the better ones and which are rather sorry. This week goes into Halloween. Many teams have been treated, many more have been tricked. Let's go through some of the upcoming games this week:

• GB Packers at ARI Cardinals (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • LAR Rams at HOU Texans
  • CAR Panthers at ATL Falcons
  • MIA Dolphins at BUF Bills
  • PHI Eagles at DET Lions
  • TEN Titans at IND Colts
  • CIN Bengals at NYJ Jets <<< Dolph Drago vs. Blitz24
  • NE Patriots at LAC Chargers
  • WAS {Football Team} at DEN Broncos
  • DAL Cowboys at MIN Vikings (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • NYG Giants at KC Chiefs (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

WEEK 8 BYE WEEK TEAMS: Baltimore and Las Vegas

These are among many games this week.

I'm choosing to offer an assessment.

The 2021 Houston Texans knew that this year was going to be a huge challenge. A very poor 2020 saw the Texans move on from Bill O'Brien to having Romeo Crennel as interim coach. Then comes David Cauley(?) as coach. When many feared the Texans would be winless, they end up beating the Jacksonville Jaguars at home to avert the fears the Texans would be winless. Sadly, that's been their ONLY win. Tyrod Taylor goes down, and so did the Texans' winning ways. The losses rolled like a train: 31-21 at Cleveland, 24-9 vs. Carolina, 40-0 at Buffalo, 25-22 vs. New England, 31-3 at Indianapolis, and recently 31-5 at Arizona. The Texans' next five are as follows: Los Angeles Rams, at Miami, ~bye week~, at Tennessee, vs. New York Jets, and vs. Indianapolis. The Texans have no heart or execution right now. This is basically a glorified expansion team now. The rebuilding process is going to take a while for the Houston Texans, so they are only hoping they don't get too far down the order to where even teams like Detroit and all of the current one-win teams have a better chance of landing better talent in the 2022 NFL Draft than the Texans. For now, this is becoming one of the most forgettable seasons in Texans history. Most of us are probably looking towards Rockets basketball and Astros baseball now.

If you want to assess your teams or share any other NFL news, do so. Otherwise, enjoy Week 8!

The Houston Texans traded Mark Ingram from Houston to the New Orleans Saints. One Texan was pretty upset, and that was Brandin Cooks. The trade deadline is November 2nd. Who knows who else could get traded from and to the Texans?

The Arizona Cardinals host the Green Bay Packers tonight, and JJ Watt is out with a shoulder injury. Green Bay is 6-1, and Arizona is 7-0. Find out tonight who wins!

I've been watching NFL since the late '80s and I do not get trades like this. What do the Rams get from this? He's a good LB and we'll be worse without him. Our defence has been epic the past few seasons, but it's been a bit creaky this season. Unless it's freeing up some salary cap or something so we can get a replacement.

Last edited:
What I don't get is my Jets traded for a pick for Joe Flacco to have a veteran QB on the team when they could have gotten qb during training camp or preseason. I guess Jets gonna Jet

The Arizona Cardinals got dropped last night by the visiting Green Bay Packers. 24-21 was the final in Glendale, AZ as the Cardinals suffer their first loss. So once again, the 1972 Miami Dolphins can celebrate being the only undefeated team in NFL history.

Well ... that was quite the game last night. My Packers beat the odds & came out of Arizona with a win. Playing without their 3 first string wide receivers, the Packers played the ground game very effectively & also played great defense - neither things the Packers are known for.

The last quarter was a real squeaker, with the Packers failing to score a touchdown from the Cardinal's one yard line, incomprehensibly electing to pass the ball instead of relying on Dillon or Jones to run it in. The Cardinals then marched back up the field to the Packers red zone, needing a TD to win the game, or a FG to tie ... & with 12 seconds left on the clock Klyler Murray threw a decent ball into the end zone at A.J. Green who was looking the wrong way, allowing the Packer's CB to pick off the ball. Crazy!

One thing I notice about the NFL, is that watching game highlights leaves the impression that the best players are omnipotent - constantly making great plays. Watching complete games it becomes evident that everyone has off-days & everyone makes terrible plays at times. Kyler Murray highlights make him has look scary unstoppable in some games ... but for the most part he wasn't that spectacular last night.

Happy Halloween! Will your favorite team(s) be treated or tricked today (granted they play this week)? Enjoy today's action, including the nightcap of the Dallas Cowboys at the Minnesota Vikings!

The Dolphins are trash. They just do not know what they are doing. They would be a better team if they could just completely start from scratch with a supplemental draft. I don't think these guys practice enough to know what they're doing.

Back