2021 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 416 comments
The Houston Texans should have lost 38-0, but they ended up losing 38-22 to the Los Angeles Rams. Texans finally got on the scoreboard in the 4th Quarter. The scoring was too little, too late. Now the Texans have lost seven straight now and finish October winless. Next game- at the Miami Dolphins. One win in a row, or eight straight losses after next Sunday heading into the Texans' Bye Week? And don't worry, Omnis, my Texans are also trash. Texans tricked in Halloween 2021.

Congratulations to all other winners this week! Damned shame Houston isn't among the "winners" this week.

Is it just me, or do the Bengals just choose to play dead against cupcakes?

It was a 20-16 victory for the Dallas Cowboys last night at the Minnesota Vikings.

Giants at Chiefs TONIGHT!

The first Monday Night Football match of November 2021 takes place at Arrowhead Pond in Kansas City, Missouri. We have East Meets West as the NFC East's New York Giants visit the AFC West Kansas City Chiefs. The Chiefs started out a team to fear. Today, they aren't so hot. In fact, neither of these teams are hot right now. KC is 3-4 so far this season, dead last in the AFC West; and the New York Giants are 2-5 on the season, 3rd in the NFC East. So this not exactly a barn burner of a game. Time will tell which team will start November 2021 with a win. Or... if both somehow play to a draw.

--- BETTING INFO ---
FAVORED: KC (-10.5)
OVER/UNDER: 52.5 points

Should you be following or watching this game, enjoy tonight's action!

Last night was the match between the New York Giants at the Kansas City Chiefs, and the Chiefs won 20-17.

Week 9 is coming up. Today happens to be the NFL trade deadline. Some of this week's games are as follows:

• NYJ Jets at IND Colts (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • CLE Browns at CIN Bengals
  • HOU Texans at MIA Dolphins
  • DEN Broncos at DAL Cowboys
  • LV Raiders at NYG Giants
  • NE Patriots at CAR Panthers
  • TEN Titans at LAR Rams (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • CHI Bears at PIT Steelers (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
WEEK 9 BYE WEEK TEAMS: Detroit, Seattle, Buccaneers, WAS {Football Team}

So the Detroit Lions can't lose this week, as they don't play this week. Enjoy Week 9!

I've been watching NFL since the late '80s and I do not get trades like this. What do the Rams get from this? He's a good LB and we'll be worse without him. Our defence has been epic the past few seasons, but it's been a bit creaky this season. Unless it's freeing up some salary cap or something so we can get a replacement.

So we get Von Miller? Not the force he once was, but as long as he stays fit, he'll do a good job.

We begin Week 9 as Blitz24's New York Jets will meet the Indianapolis Colts in Indianapolis. Catch the action tonight on FOX and/or NFL Network at around 8:00 PM Eastern time. Enjoy the game if you will be watching!

It was a high-scoring affair in Indianapolis between the Indianapolis Colts and the New York Jets. Coming out on top, though, was the Colts to the tune of a 45-30 victory over the Jets.

The Houston Texans will be getting back Tyrod Taylor. He went down in Week 2 with a hamstring injury at Cleveland. Now the Texans hope Tyrod Taylor can help the 2021 Texans remember what winning feels like when the Texans visit the Miami Dolphins. Both HOU and MIA are 1-7 heading into their match in Miami.

And... THIS JUST IN:

The Cleveland Browns have released Odell Beckham Jr. I'm hoping some team in need of someone at OBJ's position can help enhance some other team. That's even if my depleted Texans pick him up.

It seems like the Jets just can't have good things. Mike White leads a TD drive and gets hurt and doesn't return. Their defense got manhandled and gave up 45 points.Josh Johnson played well considering the circumstances but it didn't matter because they couldn't stop anything last night. Oh well at least I don't have to watch them lose on Sunday

kjb
It seems like the Jets just can't have good things. Mike White leads a TD drive and gets hurt and doesn't return. Their defense got manhandled and gave up 45 points.Josh Johnson played well considering the circumstances but it didn't matter because they couldn't stop anything last night. Oh well at least I don't have to watch them lose on Sunday
It's weird how the problem went from the offense being unable to do anything to the defense becoming a turnpike.

I didn't know what I was thinking, posting baseball in a football thread! I edited my previous post and moved it. Go enjoy the rest of this week's games! Or maybe talk about things like the issues impacting Aaron Rodgers lately.

I hope you were able to remember to set your clocks BACK one hour this weekend. Hopefully your team won't be stuck in time if they are playing today. Tonight's night cap is the Tennessee Titans at the Los Angeles Rams. Enjoy this Sunday of NFL action! Let us know how your team(s) did this week.

Well that's my season done. I'm not interested in watching the Dick Jauron era of the Bills again, so I'll have some free Sundays.

Last edited:
With their Bye Week coming up, the Houston Texans' soul searching efforts continue after our latest fail. Nine combined turnovers by two 1-7 teams meant someone had to win, and that winner was the Miami Dolphins. Miami beats Houston 17-9 in Miami. Eight straight losses for Houston; seven straight losses snapped by Miami. Yay.

Congratulations to all other winners this week! Well, at least the Dallas Cowboys losing at home 30-16 (was 30-0) to the Denver Broncos is good news for a Texans fan...

I stopped watching the Bengals game against the Browns in the 3rd quarter. I checked the final score later in the day. It wasn't pretty. After blowing it against NYJ last week, this only adds to the misery. Hopefully they can get themselves sorted out in the bye week.

The most depressing thing about the Panthers season. Is that there's still two months of it left.

The Tennessee Titans went into the Los Angeles Rams' house and handed them a 28-16 loss. The AFC South is Tennessee's to lose at this point. Indianapolis is doing okay. Jacksonville is improving. And my Texans? We're an AFC South doormat. AGAIN.

It's shocking how far Mahomes & the Chiefs have fallen off from last season. They just barely eked out a win at home against the Packers playing with a rookie QB. They might have lost except for some atrocious play by the Packers ST squad.

Bears at Steelers TONIGHT!

The Chicago Bears and the Pittsburgh Steelers are two of the proudest and prominent franchises. In this NFC-meets-AFC match, the Windy City meets the Steel City at beautiful Hines Field in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Neither team has any real baller season so far. Chicago sits at 3-5, and Pittsburgh sits at 4-3. We will see whether Chicago leaves with the win or if Steelers of blue collar Pittsburgh will come away with the win.

--- BETTING INFO ---
FAVORED: PIT (-7)
OVER/UNDER: 39.5

Enjoy tonight's game!

I got a LOT to get to, so I'll quickly discuss last night. Last night saw the Pittsburgh Steelers defeat the Chicago Bears 29-27 in Pittsburgh.

It is time to begin Week 10 of NFL action. But first, let me provide a standings update. Find your favorite team(s) here:

--- AFC Standings (as of: November 9, 2021) ---
AFC EAST: Buffalo (5-3), NE (5-4), NYJ (2-6), NYG (2-7)
AFC WEST: Los Angeles Chargers and Las Vegas (5-3 each), KC and DEN (5-4 each)
AFC NORTH: Baltimore (6-2), PIT (5-3), CLE and CIN (5-4 each)
AFC SOUTH: Tennessee (7-2), IND (4-5), JAX (2-6), HOU (1-8)

--- NFC Standings (as of: November 9, 2021) ---
NFC EAST: Dallas (6-2), PHI and NYG (3-6), WAS (2-6)
NFC WEST: Arizona (8-1), LAR 7-2), SEA and SF (3-5, each)
NFC NORTH: Green Bay (7-2), MIN (3-5), CHI (3-6), DET (0-8)
NFC SOUTH: Tampa Bay (6-2), NO (5-3), ATL (4-4), CAR (4-5)

There is still a good amount of season left, and not really anything has been decided in this inaugural 17-game season of NFL football. So keep trying to make the postseason! Or for losing teams, like my Houston Texans, try to win as many as possible to avoid embarrassment.

Here is the schedule of some of the games for this week:
  • BAL Ravens at MIA Dolphins (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • ATL Falcons at DAL Cowboys
  • NO Saints at TEN Titans
  • JAX Jaguars at IND Colts
  • DET Lions at PIT Steelers
  • CAR Panthers at ARI Cardinals
  • KC Chiefs at LV Raiders (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • LAR Rams at SF 49ers (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

Bye Week Teams for Week 10: Houston, Chicago, Cincinnati, and New York Giants

Speaking of my Texans, I decided to assess my team for this post.

The 2021 Houston Texans are currently 1-8 on the season. They started off with a pretty nice postseason finishing 2-1. They continued with a strong win at home over the Jacksonville Jaguars. Since? Failure. Here's the losing streak in one sentence: 31-21 loss at Cleveland, 24-9 vs. Carolina on our only non-Sunday game of the season, 40-0 at Buffalo, 25-22 vs. New England, 31-3 at Indianapolis, 31-5 at Arizona, 38-22 vs. Los Angeles Rams, and 17-9 at Miami. The Bye Week will only hope the Texans can figure out how to avoid the worst season in franchise history. Next five for Houston: at TEN, NYJ, IND, SEA, and at JAX. If Tyrod Taylor didn't get injured, the Texans could have been in a better place. Now, they are looking at possibly finishing with the worst all-time number of wins for the team. The fewest wins the Texans ever recorded in a season was two, and they've done that twice (2005 and 2013). There just seems to be no hope or no drive to make this season even remotely salvageable. It remains being real tough to be a Texans fan this season. And to quote/paraphrase from the NBA world, "DeShaun Watson is not coming through that door." So the Texans better figure this out before they end up being a lock for getting the first overall draft pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.

If you want to assess your favorite team(s), talk about the season so far, or anything like that, go right ahead. Thanks for reading this long post, and enjoy Week 10!

Last edited:
The Bengals have gone from impressive to, well...the typical Bengals us Cincinnati fans have gotten used to over the years. Get our hopes up, then dash 'em. Here's an upside. Both our teams share a bye week, so neither of us can lose this week!

The Bengals have gone from impressive to, well...the typical Bengals us Cincinnati fans have gotten used to over the years. Get our hopes up, then dash 'em. Here's an upside. Both our teams share a bye week, so neither of us can lose this week!
I think this may be in the wrong thread. ;)

And crap! :ouch:
Oh no. A Castellanos reference? We're in trouble now.

Come on man at least your squad has a winning record. They are ahead of schedule and as such they suffer from what a lot of teams in their situation suffer from.... youth. TBH I think them beating the Ravens the way they did was the worst thing that happened to them. They were getting hyped by the media and Joe Burrow was an MVP candidate and they bought into to it. They will be okay just have to do a better job managing expectations. Burrows & Chase are the truth, they just need to improve those offensive & defensive lines. ( Burrows is getting hit too much I still feel like they should have taken Sewell) Anyway enjoy the season because you know as fans of sorry teams (my team is the Jets) you have to enjoy seasons like this because you don't when it may happen again

Back