2021 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 416 comments
TEXANS WIN!!!

The Houston Texans downed the Tennessee Titans in Nashville 22-13. The Texans snapped their eight-game losing streak. The Titans were playing with seven players out with injury. Houston forced five turnovers in this one. Ryan Tannehill threw his first four-interception game of his career. The Texans scored their first touchdown on the road since Week 2 at Cleveland. Quarterback Tyrod Taylor hit pay dirt twice on rushing touchdown. The 2021 Houston Texans are now 2-8 on the season and 2-1 in their Division. It feels good to win again!

Up next for the Houston Texans... back home next Sunday to host the New York Jets, who lost 24-17 today hosting the Miami Dolphins. So, we're going to have an inner-forum rivalry between my Houston Texans and Blitz24's New York Jets.

Congratulations to all other winners from this week's games!

Joe Flacco started for the Jets today and while they didn't give up 45 they still lost. I was expecting them to lose but when they kept it close through the 4th quarter I let my hopes get up and they were crushed. Anyway I hope Zach Wilson is healthy to play next week

Last night, it was 31-37 in favor of the Los Angeles Chargers at home over the visiting Pittsburgh Steelers.

Giants at Buccaneers TONIGHT!

Monday Night Football for this week is a match in the NFC between the New York Giants and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The Bucs are the defending Champions as they host the New York Giants. Tampa Bay leads the NFC South at present with a record of 6-3, and the Giants are dead last in the NFC East with a record of 3-6. Some rather huge upsets have happened so far this week. Find out if the Buccaneers can avoid falling victim to the New York Giants tonight!

--- BETTING INFO ---
FAVORED: TB (-10.5)
OVER/UNDER: 49.5 points

Enjoy this game should you be following and/or watching tonight.

The Bengals beat the Raiders yesterday. The AFC North is tight. But it would have been tighter if Chicago hadn't blown the coverage at the of the game against Baltimore and allowed them to score.

It was 30-10 in Tampa Bay in favor of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers over the New York Giants. Seventh win for the Buccaneers, seventh loss for the Giants in this Monday Night Football game. I think Tom Brady improves to 19-8 all-time in Monday Night Football games.

Thanksgiving week is here in the National Football League. That means things such as the traditional Thanksgiving Day match in Detroit. Many other games still are set to kick off this week. Here are some of the many games slated for this week:

• CHI Bears at DET Lions (THANKSGIVING)
  • LV Raiders at DAL Cowboys (THANKSGIVING)
  • BUF Bills at NO Saints (THANKSGIVING)
  • NYJ Jets at HOU Texans
  • PIT Steelers at CIN Bengals
  • TB Buccaneers at IND Colts
  • CAR Panthers at MIA Dolphins
  • LAC Chargers at DEN Broncos
  • CLE Browns at BAL Ravens (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • SEA Seahawks at WAS {Football Team} (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

WEEK 12 BYE WEEK TEAMS: Arizona and Kansas City

I hope you all get to enjoy this week of NFL action.

Jason Garrett, the offensive coordinator of the New York Giants, has been fired today. The New York Giants lost at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last night to fall to 3-7 on the season. The Giants are dead last in the NFC East. So if your team needs a new offensive coordinator, Jason Garrett is on the market.

Jason Garrett, the offensive coordinator of the New York Giants, has been fired today. The New York Giants lost at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last night to fall to 3-7 on the season. The Giants are dead last in the NFC East. So if your team needs a new offensive coordinator, Jason Garrett is on the market.
With Garrett out, that means the man, the myth, the legend Fredrick Kitchens is now the offensive coordinator. In all Honestly I do think Freddy was a decent interim OC for the Browns in 2018 calling Todd Monken’s offense. But his disastrously under qualified stint as head coach has probably killed his chance of getting serious offers for being anything higher than a position coach. Shame, really.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today... we have more a Midwestern battle in Detroit as the Chicago Bears meet the Detroit Lions, who are seeking their first win of the 2021 season. Some Raiders from Las Vegas are set to invade the Dallas Cowboys. The New Orleans Saints will look to tame the visiting Buffalo Bills.

Family, food, and football. Got to love it. I hope you all get to enjoy today's action along with the nightcap in New Orleans.

Last edited:
Thanksgiving 2021 results:

* The Chicago Bears downed the Detroit Lions 16-14 on a game-winning field goal. Detroit remains winless and now has lost five straight Thanksgiving games. No worries, OooAhh Cantona. Bears did good.

* Regulation solved nothing in Dallas, so Overtime was needed. The Las Vegas Raiders connected a game-winning field goal to leave AT&T Stadium with a 36-33 Overtime victory.

* The Buffalo Bills smashed the New Orleans Saints 31-6 in New Orleans. This was the only game on Thanksgiving that wasn't even close.

Congratulations to all winners from Thanksgiving 2021. More games to come this week, so stay tuned!

This about sums up the trainwreck that is the Detroit Lions:

yvk8df2zls181.jpg

I will say this, though, Joey D, I saw that beautiful touchdown strike that put the Detroit Lions up 6-0 then 7-0. I don't know what's up with the Lions. Here is one more dubious distinction I saw on ESPN... I think I saw that this is the fourth time in franchise history the Detroit Lions started a season 0-10. Geez...

I will say this, though, Joey D, I saw that beautiful touchdown strike that put the Detroit Lions up 6-0 then 7-0. I don't know what's up with the Lions. Here is one more dubious distinction I saw on ESPN... I think I saw that this is the fourth time in franchise history the Detroit Lions started a season 0-10. Geez...
Hey! The Lions have 1 tie this year. Put some respect on their name! :lol:

NFL action is coming up after all the Thanksgiving and Black Friday madness. What can possibly go wrong when the teams and players go at it on the football field? Let's see what this Sunday brings...

The Houston Texans basically beat themselves with dumb penalties. 21-14 was our latest fail against Blitz24's New York Jets. The Jets get their first road win of the season at our expense. Another sad day in Houston as the Texans fall to 2-9.

Up next for the Houston Texans... the Indianapolis Colts come to H-Town next Sunday at noon. Considering Jacksonville and Tennessee lost as of the time of this post, it's good for the Texans since misery loves company.

Congratulations to all winners from this week! That includes the Bengals hammering the Steelers in Cincinnati.

Last edited:
I wish I could have seen the beatdown the Bengals put on the Steelers. Unfortunately I instead got to watch the Colts blow their lead vs pretty boy. And with that loss, that means every AFC South team failed this week.

Last edited:
Got to watch the jets beat on the lowly Texans in the bottom of the barrel bowl. TBH if the Jets lost I wouldn't be sad because as right now they would have 2 top ten picks and since they don't need a qb they are to get the best players available. I thought Wilson was okay today he made to big bone headed mistakes but overall he didn't try to do too much.

The winners from Sunday Night Football last night saw victory go to the Baltimore Ravens over the visiting Cleveland Browns 16-10.

Seahawks at {WFT/Football Team} TONIGHT!

Monday Night Football this time around takes us to the greater metropolitan area of our nation's capital. Landover, Maryland, USA; to be exact. It's [NFC] West meets [NFC] East. The 3-7 Seattle Seahawks from the state of Washington will meet the pro football team in Washington, District of Columbia. Until Washington (D.C.) decides on a new team nickname, they are affectionally called the "Washington Football Team." WFT is 4-6 on the season. This game, therefore, is not really interesting with two teams below .500%. This may be of interest of you if you have players on your fantasy teams that you have invested interest in. Otherwise, get ready for some more Monday Night madness!

--- BETTING INTO ---
FAVORED: SEA (-1)
OVER/UNDER: 46.5 points

Please enjoy tonight's contest if you will be following or watching.

And yeah, hopefully they can stay healthy now. Especially CMC.
Scratch that. McCaffrey is out for the rest of the year with an ankle injury. This season cannot end quickly enough. This will teach for my getting my hopes up. Really should know better by now. 😩

Seattle Seahawks slumping; Washington Football Team pick up another win. WFT came on the winning end of a 17-15 final on Monday Night Football last night.

We have now reached Week 13. Today (November 30) is the 334th day of 2021, and I feel it is time to update the standings. See where your favorite team(s) lie so far:

--- AFC STANDINGS (as of: November 30, 2021) ---
AFC EAST: New England (8-4), BUF (7-4), MIA (5-7), NYJ (3-8)
AFC WEST: Kansas City (7-4), LAC, LV, and DEN (6-5 each)
AFC NORTH: Baltimore (8-3), CIN (7-4), PIT (5-5-1), CLE (6-6)
AFC SOUTH: Tennessee (8-4), IND (6-6), HOU and JAX (2-9 each)

--- NFC STANDINGS (as of: November 30, 2021) ---
NFC EAST: Dallas (7-4), WAS (5-6), PHI (5-7), NYG (4-7)
MFC WEST: Arizona (9-2), LAR (7-4), SF (6-5), SEA (3-8)
MFC MORTH: Green Bay (9-3), MIN (5-6), CHI 4-7), DET (0-10-1)
NFC SOUTH: Tampa Bay (8-3), ATL and NO (5-6 each), CAR (5-7)

I almost forgot to include the tie that Pittsburgh had when they hosted the Detroit Lions. So far, no teams have clinched anything for the postseason. And I am also certain no teams have been officially eliminated from the postseason. Keep playing hard!

These matches are among many of the upcoming matches in the mad realm we like to call the National Football League:

• DAL Cowboys at NO Saints (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • IND Colts at HOU Texans
  • TB Buccaneers at ATL Falcons
  • ARI Cardinals at CHI Bears
  • MIN Vikings at DET Lions
  • NYG Giants at MIA Dolphins
  • PHI Eagles at NYJ Jets
  • WAS {Football Team} at LV Raiders
  • DEN Broncos at KC Chiefs (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • NE Patriots at BUF Bills (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

WEEK 13 BYE WEEK TEAMS: Carolina, Cleveland, Green Bay, and Tennessee

Enjoy this week's action!

The first game of this week and December 2021 is tonight in New Orleans. The hot Dallas Cowboys will try to look and see if dey gon' beat 'dem Saints. Enjoy tonight's game if you'll be watching or following!

If your idea of fun on a Sunday involves watching people toss around a pigskin and tackle each other on a heap of grass, you're in luck today! Action is already going on as of the time of this post, but this is my usual hype post. Enjoy all of the NFL action for today and tonight.

Here, Texans! Play dead! GOOD doggie! Yep, we done 🤬 up again... again. The worst season in Houston Texans history continues with a depressing 31-0 loss to the Indianapolis Colts. Wouldn't be surprised if we're already mathematically eliminated by now.

Up next for the Houston Texans... the final game of our three-game home stand is next Sunday hosting the Seattle Seahawks.

Elsewhere...

* It's been reported that this season will be Ben Roethlisberger's final season of football. He has a very good résumé for his NFL career, including winning the Super Bowl. I wish the best for Big Ben in future endeavors.

Congratulations to all of this week's winners! Including... the Detroit Lions at home over the Minnesota Vikings! If the Lions can win, so can my blasted Texans. Good grief...

The Vikings: Beat the Packers, considered one of the best teams in the NFL right now.

Also the Vikings: Lose to the Lions, easily the worst team in the NFL right now.

Days like this make me happy I'm only invested enough to keep track of whether they won or lost. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The Vikings: Beat the Packers, considered one of the best teams in the NFL right now.

Also the Vikings: Lose to the Lions, easily the worst team in the NFL right now.

Days like this make me happy I'm only invested enough to keep track of whether they won or lost. :rolleyes:
Cincy has hammered the Steelers (twice) and Baltimore as well as taken Green Bay into overtime (in a loss where neither kicker wanted to win the game for their team). They also lost to the Jets. Granted New York isn't quite on the same horrendous level as Detroit, but still. Football is weird.

It's been a long time since I've jumped up and down while being that excited over a football game. The Lions won that one for Tate Myre, Oxford Township, and the state of Michigan. It was nice to keep the train rolling after Michigan's Big 10 Championship win too. While sports aren't for everyone, it's stuff like this that certainly helps an area cope and at least allowed the week to end on a positive note.

Dan Campbell dedicated the game ball to Oxford too. While I can fault Campbell for a bunch of things, I really do think he's a man of good character.

Your winners from the latest Sunday Night Football match are the Kansas City Chiefs winning convincingly at home over the Denver Broncos 22-9.

Patriots at Bills TONIGHT!

This AFC East match involves the only New York team that actually plays IN the state of New York- the Buffalo Bills. Tonight in Orchard Park, New York; the upper half of the AFC East standings will clash against each other. Both have winning records and only four losses on the season. So this is no match between two weak sauce teams or two teams in different directions. No one thought the Patriots would do fairly well even when Tom Brady took his talents to Tampa Bay. However, the Patriots sit at 8-4 and atop the AFC East. They'll pay a visit to the 7-4 Buffalo Bills, who have been a bit erratic to determine whether or not they are legit contenders. Will the Patriots or Bills get the "W" tonight? Find out by watching or following Monday Night Football tonight!

--- BETTING INFO ---
FAVORED: BUF (-3)
OVER/UNDER: 40.5 points

Enjoy this game should you be following or watching tonight! A quick omission before I close this post... the Houston Texans were officially eliminated from postseason contention after yesterday's 31-0 fail hosting the Indianapolis Colts. When you 🤬 up early and often and despite efforts to improve, and when you fail to make the most of a hopeless season, you don't deserve any postseason aspirations for that season. So we'll be playing for draft picks while more deserving teams this season will do all they can to make it to and win the Super Bowl.

Last edited:
It was a 14-10 victory for the New England Patriots at the Buffalo Bills last night.

Week 14 of the 2021 NFL season has arrived, and with that, we have some of the many following matches coming up:

• PIT Steelers at MIN Vikings (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • SEA Seahawks at HOU Texans
  • JAX Jaguars at TEN Titans
  • DAL Cowboys at WAS {Football Team}
  • ATL Falcons at CAR Panthers
  • NYG Giants at LAC Chargers
  • SF 49ers at CIN Bengals
  • CHI Bears at GB Packers (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
  • LAR Rams at ARI Cardinals (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

WEEK 14 BYE WEEK TEAMS: Indianapolis, Miami, New England, Philadelphia

A few seasons ago, it was the New York Jets who were the first officially eliminated team. Now, it's my Houston Texans with their pathetic 2021 season. Keep playing for your postseason lives if you still have a pulse. Otherwise, enjoy this week's games.

Now for some Texans talk. People even here in Houston are wanting Cal McNair to sell the Houston Texans during this horrible season we're having. We're going to be bad for some time, and this is something you can't quick fix in one go. Tyrod Taylor suffered another injury to put weak sauce QB Davis Mills to be the quarterback to finish out the 2021 season. The Texans have won only two games the entire season twice before, but this 2-win Texans team feels much worse than the other seasons when we won only two games the entire season. There is much more disarray and uncertainty with this team than any previous woeful Texans team.

Every team is going to have their best seasons and their worst seasons. Even the New England Patriots were trash before Tom Brady shown up. Life has its best and worst moments. You just have to soldier through everything as best as you can.

Semi-ranting over. Enjoy the new week!

Back