2021 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 416 comments
David Culley has been fired as head coach of the Houston Texans today. He becomes the only coach in Texans history to last only one season as full-time head coach. The Texans finished 4-13 this 2021 NFL season, good for 3rd in the AFC South. It will be interesting to see whom the Texans will try to hire next to fill Cauley's seat. Only as long as it is not Bill O'Brien...

I had a little time to process the firing of David Culley on the Houston Texans. I do think David Culley did a great job coaching the Texans despite what he was given. Going 4-13 even with a star QB who did not want to play because of questionable coaching choices by Texans' management is not bad at all. I think D. Culley was treated unfairly. There should have been more patience with D. Culley to turn around the Houston Texans. Now, the Texans are even more a mess than previously. At least one (or maybe two) more seasons would have been great for him. I love the Houston Texans, but this is a fail to let him go so early even with a 5-year deal he was signed up for.

I had a little time to process the firing of David Culley on the Houston Texans. I do think David Culley did a great job coaching the Texans despite what he was given. Going 4-13 even with a star QB who did not want to play because of questionable coaching choices by Texans' management is not bad at all. I think D. Culley was treated unfairly. There should have been more patience with D. Culley to turn around the Houston Texans. Now, the Texans are even more a mess than previously. At least one (or maybe two) more seasons would have been great for him. I love the Houston Texans, but this is a fail to let him go so early even with a 5-year deal he was signed up for.
I don't know what else he was expected to do. He basically had a quarterback from off of the street, no JJ Watt on defense even though he's far from his prime. He has no early round draft picks. To me it's a wonder they won 4 games. The team didn't quit on him. He should have been given at least another year. Also I think he was only on a two year deal to begin with where the typical new coach across the league gets at least a 3 year deal. I think he was sort of done wrong from the beginning.

Hello, GTPlaneteers! Are you ready for some football? Better question is... are you ready for some PLAYOFF football? Well, if you aren't, get psyched because we got two matches today on my birthday. Check it...

* We got the Las Vegas Raiders getting some Midwestern hospitality going to the Cincinnati Bengals. Can the Bengals snap their playoff funk of over 31 years and eight straight postseason losses? Both LV and CIN finished the regular season 10-7.

* We also have a game that should be interesting weather-wise. It's the New England Patriots paying a visit to the Buffalo Bills with windy and cold weather expected in Orchard Park, New York.

Oh, and I should mention... if you lose, your season is over. "Win or Go Home" is the mantra in the postseason. There are no third-place games or loser brackets. Either win and advance, or lose and see you next season.

Enjoy this weekend's games!

Hello, GTPlaneteers! Are you ready for some football? Better question is... are you ready for some PLAYOFF football? Well, if you aren't, get psyched because we got two matches today on my birthday. Check it...

* We got the Las Vegas Raiders getting some Midwestern hospitality going to the Cincinnati Bengals. Can the Bengals snap their playoff funk of over 31 years and eight straight postseason losses? Both LV and CIN finished the regular season 10-7.

* We also have a game that should be interesting weather-wise. It's the New England Patriots paying a visit to the Buffalo Bills with windy and cold weather expected in Orchard Park, New York.

Oh, and I should mention... if you lose, your season is over. "Win or Go Home" is the mantra in the postseason. There are no third-place games or loser brackets. Either win and advance, or lose and see you next season.

Happy Birthday!

Can't wait for this weekend's games - will try to watch alongside the snooker somehow

Last edited:
WHO DEY Bengals win the ref ball game! On to the Super Bowl.
cheers.gif

Well, I'll be. I wasn't sure if I'd ever see a playoff win in my lifetime. I was only 3 years old the last time they won.

As expected from a Bengals team in these situations, it was a nail biter of a game. The officiating was...less than stellar. I would have been pretty ticked had their early touchdown been negated thanks to an errant whistle. Then you had the whole 12 men on the field / timeout confusion that kept a big play off the board. And the horrendous roughing the passer call late that extended the Raiders drive.

In any case, they held on for the W and first postseason win in 31 years. I'll take it.

Today in the National Football League...

• PHI Eagles at TB Buccaneers
  • SF 49ers at DAL Cowboys
  • PIT Steelers at KC Chiefs

I made a big oof I recently discovered in a previous post. I accidentally posted "SF Giants" rather than "SF 49ers!" I have since made the changes. Imagine a baseball team beating a football team...

Anyhow, enjoy today's games!

Tonight is the match with the Arizona Cardinals at the Los Angeles Rams. Find out tonight which NFC West team will have their season continue; and, also find out which will have their season end. Enjoy the game!

This weekend's Divisional matches are as follows:

• CIN Bengals at TEN Titans
  • SF 49ers at GB Packers
  • LA Rams at TB Buccaneers
  • BUF Bills at KC Chiefs

Winners from each division will meet next weekend for the conference championship games. They will also move one step closer towards playing for the Lombardi Trophy.

I hope the Cowboys got their 40 million dollars worth from Dak running 15 yards in a QB draw with 14 seconds on the clock and no timeouts before blocking the referee from being able to set the ball.
As a Giants fan I love to see it.

Did good betting wise over the weekend so looking forward to the next games.

Today...

• The Tennessee Titans host the Cincinnati Bengals in their AFC Divisional Playoffs match.
  • The Green Bay Packers will welcome the San Francisco 49ers for their NFC Divisional Playoffs match.

Enjoy today's games should you be following or watching!

Last edited:
I've always wondered, do people on the east coast really have to wait until 1pm before kickoff and 8pm for Sunday/Monday night games? I remember a friend of mine when I was a kid say that there is a time delay. 🤷‍♂️

Jerome

WHHHHHHHOOOOOO DEEEEEEEYYYYY!!!!
Cincinnati Bengals Football GIF by Bengals

I felt they had a chance, though I surely wouldn't have been surprised to see them lose. I'm beyond happy. To win your first playoff game in 31 years, and then win AGAIN and go to the AFC Championship? Unbelievable. Now I fully expect the Bengals to get hammered by whoever wins tomorrow, but I'll savor this moment for the week.

Agreed that the o-line has to pick it up. Cincy won in spite of all those sacks. Thank god we drafted a couple amazing rookies. Chase set them up with a huge catch late, and McPherson nailed every one of his field goals, the biggest being the game winner as time expired. He's got ice in his veins.

Edit: 49er's just took down Green Bay. While highly unlikely, it COULD potentially set up a 3rd rematch between them and Cincinnati in the Super Bowl.

Last edited:
The Tennessee Titans are done, and so are the Green Bay Packers. Today, though...

• The Los Angeles Rams will deal with the defending Champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The winner of this one gets the San Francisco 49ers for the NFC Championship Game West meets East.
  • Will it be the Buffalo Bills or the Kansas City Chiefs who will meet the Cincinnati Bengals in the AFC Championship game? The action takes place in Kansas City, Missouri.

Enjoy today's action!

I was rooting for the Bills to win, but it's also nice to watch great games even when your team isn't in it.

Chiefs vs. Rams Super Bowl? Remember that late season matchup when both teams were ascending? That was so much fun to watch, back in what, 2018?

Jerome

Disappointed that the Bills are out but both Rodgers and Brady being eliminated is enough to make up for that. A Bengals/Rams Super Bowl is probably the most ideal outcome at this point. It's hard to see the Chiefs not winning it all it though. At least I don't have anyone to root against in the NFC now.

The Bengals beat the Chiefs in the regular season, so I don't see the outcome changing next game. The Rams seem to be the better overall team compared to the 49ers and Bengals vs 49ers Super Bowl scares me, so I predict Bengals vs Rams for the Super Bowl.

The Bengals may have taken the last one from KC, but KC scares the hell out of me with that offense. I'm sure the Chiefs learned a lot from that game. Ogunjobi being out after his foot surgery from the Raiders game doesn't help, and they had trouble putting pressure on Tannehill. The RPO Kansas City can be lethal. And when they aren't running that, they've got Hill streaking around and Kelce dominating the middle of the field. Cincinnati obviously has a deadly offense as well, but Burrow can't throw the ball if he's laying on his back thanks to the cardboard cutouts in front of him.

I don't even want to think about them playing the 49er's in the Super Bowl. They're already 0-2 in that regard, though Garoppolo isn't exactly Joe Montana. A Rams matchup would be interesting since Zac Taylor coached under McVay.

Well, now. Looky here... we got these matches coming up this weekend:

• CIN Bengals at KC Chiefs
  • SF 49ers at LA Rams

So we have an all-Midwest AFC Championship, and we have an all-California NFC Championship. If the Rams win the NFC Championship, then the Super Bowl will be a glorified Home game for the Rams.

We'll find out who will be playing on February 13 for the Super Bowl after this weekend. Enjoy these two games!

Back