2021 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 936 comments
How to you think the TCR guys feel? 😬 Their last two seasons have been screwed.
Yeah i feel for them. Hopefully next year we can have a year that has no interruptions and see more TCR, S5000, and more have a full season. And also have events like Winton, GC return for Supercars next year too.

Still hurts that Adelaide isn’t opening the season but my immediate family all live in Newcastle so there’s an good excuse for me to travel up that way. Not sure if Mum would be happy if I came to visit only to go to the racing on her birthday, however. 😂

Especially now that the CBD is fixed up. Different to what it looked like last time the race was held.
New residential buildings, food businesses, park areas. Plus, I'm down the block. Hopefully, they'll have the Gen3 cars to showcase. I'll walk over for that, but staying home otherwise.

Make Surfers Paradise the final round though, it would make the event even better then it is as the season finale. I probably think that because i live here. Let's just hope next year is somewhat a normal season.

This silly season keeps on giving. Le Brocq and Jake Kostecki are now being rumored to be swapping seats for '22.

Seems like a good move if it goes down this way. Sadly outside of his win, think Le Brocq has been quite underwhelming in his time with Tickford.

This silly season keeps on giving. Le Brocq and Jake Kostecki are now being rumored to be swapping seats for '22.

Seems like a good move if it goes down this way. Sadly outside of his win, think Le Brocq has been quite underwhelming in his time with Tickford.
Yeah I agree with you on that. At the start of the year at Bathurst he did well, by memory i think he finished in top 10 in the first race can't remember the second race though. But if this does happen it would be interesting to see how Jake goes.

💩Steamer💩 up to his normal tricks. What ever the public wants, do the opposite :irked:.

Untitled.png

I think most of us knew this was a given though. TV rights, prime time and the all mighty $$$$... stuff the fans!

💩Steamer💩 up to his normal tricks. What ever the public wants, do the opposite :irked:.

View attachment 1084557

I think most of us knew this was a given though. TV rights, prime time and the all mighty $$$$... stuff the fans!
Yeah it's disappointing and kind of frustrating as well. I can remember maybe 10 or so years ago, that you had to wake up a little earlier to make sure you didn't miss the start of the race. Now we'll be having lunch and the race would've barley started.

Last edited:
Yeah it's disappointing and kind of frustrating as well. I can remember maybe 10 or so years ago, that you had to wake up a little earlier to make sure you didn't miss the start of the race. Now we'll be having lunch and the race would've barley started.
It throws my whole Bathurst routine out. :ouch:

Rain shouldn't be a factor at that time. I think heat will be the enemy. Not like they'll get relief, as the sun hovers west.

Rain shouldn't be a factor at that time. I think heat will be the enemy. Not like they'll get relief, as the sun hovers west.
Well you never know. Who knows there might be a tornado on race day. I bet SVG won't be able to overcome that.

Tickford re-signs JC for a couple more years. Fullwood being linked to BJR now. Hazelwood. Jones. Fullwood. Three into two doesn't work. Who misses out?

I see they completely ignored the suggestion I made on Twitter about starting the race at 5:30am like the 12hr. :lol: Seriously, I'd prefer an earlier start then noon. An hour or so earlier would be perfect.

Wonder what time the race is going to finish for international viewers?

Sanity prevails and instead of having the strange scenario of debuting Gen 3 halfway through next season. It's been delayed until '23.

Great!!!

Buuut... ''We don't want to look like a second-hand car yard''. Another one of Roland Dane's statements that's come back and bit him in the arse :sly:

I read the new(or updated) Mustang will be around for a long time. I think the Chevy brand will have to be dropped for Hyundai-Genesis, Toyota or they'll need to be looking at what NASCAR and other touring Car categories are doing.

''Efforts by a residents’ group to consign the Adelaide Parklands Circuit to the history books have been stymied.

Instead, the Adelaide City Council will look to have the Victoria Park venue officially recognised as a heritage listing.''

:lol: I couldn't have asked for a better 20th wedding anniversary present. Thank you ACC :bowdown:

Sanity prevails and instead of having the strange scenario of debuting Gen 3 halfway through next season. It's been delayed until '23.

Good decision. It would've been a mess to debut it halfway through a season.

I read the new(or updated) Mustang will be around for a long time. I think the Chevy brand will have to be dropped for Hyundai-Genesis, Toyota or they'll need to be looking at what NASCAR and other touring Car categories are doing.
And/Or Mazda. How could I forget what’s coming?

I remember this: https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/motorsport-mazda-says-no-to-supercars-53058/

With little Mazda going EV middle of the decade, won’t make sense to join and then end the program. Even doing well here, in Australia. Shame VASC didn’t do the Marc Cars thing. Would have have been so far along in manufacturers and engine choices.

I had to get a COVID test due to a truck driver visiting my work place earlier in the week. Went to Victoria Park and took the opportunity to drive up on the Senna Chicane curbs while I could. :lol:

Last edited:
Goddard has announced that he won't be returning to MSR next year. Le Brocq seems a lock for one of the MSR seats. Interestingly the article mentions Hazelwood as one of the names in contention for the other. Which I guess pretty confirms Fullwood at BJR then? Hopefully Todd does end up getting it, would be a travesty if he misses out.

Also, real rough on Goddard. He's shown flashes of real promise this year.

Last edited:
Massive shame if both Hazelwood and Goddard miss out. Was very surprised seeing Jake Kostecki going to Tickford, don’t really see so much in him personally. Same goes for Fullwood to be honest, but he does have the Middys money to take to BJR with him.

While Macauley seems like a good guy, he doesn’t even have age on his side anymore (27!), and clearly doesn’t have the results on his side…

Back