2021 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 936 comments
1637451959075.png

Hopefully it calms down enough for this afternoon and we don't get a red flag shortened race like we had a couple of weeks ago.

I don't believe it's going to happeng at all.
Yep. Hard to see this race happening.

If they are so worried about wrecking cars before Bathurst. Just call this race off already.

Last edited:
Ok I'm a little out of touch, is Bathurst not part of the actual championship this year ?
Was trying to keep an eye on the racing this weekend while looking after the kids ... Thought I heard them say SVG is now champion ? I think I've missed something somewhere ?

Ok I'm a little out of touch, is Bathurst not part of the actual championship this year ?
Was trying to keep an eye on the racing this weekend while looking after the kids ... Thought I heard them say SVG is now champion ? I think I've missed something somewhere ?
He has a big enough lead that no matter what happens at Bathurst, the championship is his.

It's still part of the championship but with that as the sole remaining round and with SVG over 300 points ahead of JW the championship is all but over. He'd have to do something really, really wrong to lose enough points to not win (probably multiple indiscretions) and also fail to finish at Bathurst.... and the odds of all that happening are next to zero (If this was JW, with his record at Bathurst I probably wouldn't be so inclined to declare him as champion :sly:).

I don't know if there is rumors or anything like that out there. But i was thinking what next year's schedule looks like. Newcastle starts the season in March and the GP is early April. But everything else is yet to be known. Maybe we can have a discussion on what we think is the best schedule for the series in general. Obviously realistic of course.

You've jinxed it. Whincup will probably win it now. :lol:
If Lowndsey were to announce his retirement before the race I'd be okay with them winning it. Pretty fitting way for them to end a couple of great careers.

Even better if Jdub runs SVG off the track again :sly:

If Lowndsey were to announce his retirement before the race I'd be okay with them winning it. Pretty fitting way for them to end a couple of great careers.

Even better if Jdub runs SVG off the track again :sly:
By what he said at the Bathurst launch that might be the case. It would be great to see them go out on top.

I missed it. What did he say?
He didn't obviously come out and say this is it, and to be honest I can't remember now what he said exactly, but I remember after hearing on what he had to say about JDub and his last race full-time, that it might his last race in Supercars period. Which wouldn't surprise to me but at the same time very sad.

I don't know if there is rumors or anything like that out there. But i was thinking what next year's schedule looks like. Newcastle starts the season in March and the GP is early April. But everything else is yet to be known. Maybe we can have a discussion on what we think is the best schedule for the series in general. Obviously realistic of course.
I'd just like to see the return of multiple endurance races. Three would be ideal but I think the series needs at least one before Bathurst. Feel like SMP might make a good enduro event, with the high tyre deg and the lights. Finishing it in the dark would be cool.

No, sorry. I'm going to need Lowndes to go around next year and hopefully Whincup is planning on co-driving as well. I really want to see a Percat/Tander reunion at Walkinshaw. :P

Last edited:
I'd just like to see the return of multiple endurance races. Three would be ideal but I think the series needs at least one before Bathurst. Feel like SMP might make a good enduro event, with the high tyre deg and the lights. Finishing it in the dark would be cool.

No, sorry. I'm going to need Lowndes to go around next year and hopefully Whincup is planning on co-driving as well. I really want to see a Percat/Tander reunion at Walkinshaw. :P
That would be a cool team up.

Back