2021 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 936 comments
I'd just like to see the return of multiple endurance races. Three would be ideal but I think the series needs at least one before Bathurst. Feel like SMP might make a good enduro event, with the high tyre deg and the lights. Finishing it in the dark would be cool.

No, sorry. I'm going to need Lowndes to go around next year and hopefully Whincup is planning on co-driving as well. I really want to see a Percat/Tander reunion at Walkinshaw. :P
Yeah i would love to see at least two enduro races. A 500km race at Sandown or SMP, but not at the at The Bend, then Bathurst after that.

Last edited:
No, sorry. I'm going to need Lowndes to go around next year and hopefully Whincup is planning on co-driving as well. I really want to see a Percat/Tander reunion at Walkinshaw. :P
The last thing us Fordies need is another top notch GM duo :yuck:

;)

Last edited:
You never know, Scotty could be back next year to team up with ADP ... We may not need anyone else :).
I do hope Scotty comes back but i don't think he'll come back other than the enduros. It's a shame really. This season would've been the peak of the rivalry between him and SVG. Oh what could've been.

I do hope Scotty comes back but i don't think he'll come back other than the enduros. It's a shame really. This season would've been the peak of the rivalry between him and SVG. Oh what could've been.
Yeah I meant for the enduros.
I've not had time to follow much news but I presumed Scotty was still doing Indy Cars next year ?

Yeah I meant for the enduros.
I've not had time to follow much news but I presumed Scotty was still doing Indy Cars next year ?
Yeah his is and he's more than likely going to be part of the Penske furniture for a long time to come.

A long way out obviously and the forecast will probably change between now and Sunday. But so far, looking like race day will be the only clear day of the week.

Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 14-33-28 Bathurst Local Weather Forecast Elders Weather.png

Sneak peak at Reynolds/Youlden's livery for the weekend. Looks pretty good from that angle at least. (Image stolen from twitter)

FFU9KdhVQAgOBVE

Yeah but also other weather reports are saying otherwise. But then again your right it's only Monday. This is gonna be a wild one for sure.
Hopefully it's another entertaining race. Bathurst rarely disappoints.

I'm more excited for the Gen 3 reveal. Hopefully it includes some time on track.
''The next-generation touring cars are set to be officially revealed on Friday, December 3 before cutting laps later that day.''

Edit: Interesting that the Supercars site makes no mention of any on track activity for Gen 3 until 2022. :confused:

''Gen3 cars will carry out on-track exhibitions at events in 2022 before the cars make their racing debut in the 2023 Repco Supercars Championship.''

Damn you Covid!!!

JaguarF-Type-Supercar-sml.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
OH COME ON! When I heard that WAU had discussions with a certain brand I immediately thought Jaguar because of the TWR connection. What a shame that the deal fell through.
You never know it could be that rumoured European manufacturer that's been talked about for a while know. Let's see what happens from now until the start of Gen3.

''The next-generation touring cars are set to be officially revealed on Friday, December 3 before cutting laps later that day.''
Nice of them to announce they will be doing this on my birthday. :sly:

Looking forward to finally see these things in (limited) action. Interesting to know when other teams will start building or receive their own cars.
Damn you Covid!!!
I remember reading that aritcle. I try to take Auto Action with a grain of salt but they seem to be a bit better these days? Anyway, yeah an F-Type Supercar would have been nice. 🥺 Holding out hope that another manufacturer will come and play. The series desperately needs it.

Last edited:
Anything interesting happen during the first session? My Foxtel went down just after Macca's car went up in smoke :mad:

Anything interesting happen during the first session? My Foxtel went down just after Macca's car went up in smoke :mad:
Wasn't able to watch any of the coverage this morning. Just kept an eye on it through the live timing on my phone. Was it only power steering on Macca's car? Because it looked like he was able to get a time in, in the end.

Hopefully that's the last of your Foxtel issues for the weekend. :nervous:👍

Wasn't able to watch any of the coverage this morning. Just kept an eye on it through the live timing on my phone. Was it only power steering on Macca's car? Because it looked like he was able to get a time in, in the end.
Must of been because he got back out for the last ten minutes according to speedcafe.
Hopefully that's the last of your Foxtel issues for the weekend. :nervous:👍
Seems to happen the most when I sit down to watch Supercars :crazy:, but yeah, hopefully it's fixed properly because it was out for about three hours. I'll try again for this session :nervous:🤞

I'm loving my SuperView subscription right now. They're showing everything. Been great so far, no outages while I have been watching.

Jeez. If #96 didn't have bad luck it wouldn't have any luck at all. Big damage to that car.
They said on the telecast the power steering went again at the end of that first practice session as well. Brad Jones got slightly (well, maybe a bit more than slightly :sly:) irate and made them change absolutely everything to do with the power steering (lines & fittings included).

Yeah. I was thinking to myself that they should turn on the lights. No talking.

Both cars look beyond words. See they stayed with Team Dynamics, than go with BBS.

A field of 26, is going to be wild.

Last edited:
Back