2021 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 936 comments
Just leave the stick in there.
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Skaife and Crompton are going on like this practice session is the Qualy session itself.

Edit: Far out the new cars look good on track

Last edited:
I clicked away in the middle of the Percat interview after Practice 4 to catch up on some of my subscriptions and what do you know that's when the new cars hit the track. 🤣

Edit: Good stuff in qualifying. Erebus is on fire.

Last edited:

Yeah I know it was on, and I knew the cars were going to be on track yesterday, I was just questioning Supercars failing to mention the fact that they were going to be on track.

Another odd decision, just like their failure to mention what time the actual launch was going to be and not showing it live on Foxtel. I mean, one of the cars even had the Foxtel logo plastered all over it. :crazy:

Yeah, that was odd(even though I don’t have Foxtel any longer). My wife was a bit annoyed with the USA flag on the bonnet. Could have used the Aussie flag for sure. I mean, not just where the series is based, but the cars are right hand drive.

Yeah, that was odd(even though I don’t have Foxtel any longer). My wife was a bit annoyed with the USA flag on the bonnet. Could have used the Aussie flag for sure. I mean, not just where the series is based, but the cars are right hand drive.
Yeah it's bit of insult to have the American flag on the car. Hopefully after this weekend we won't see that livery whilst testing throughout next year and when there doing demo runs too.

Can't wait to see liveries by the teams for these cars in '23.

You can see that flag as a link to the Corvette teams that run IMSA & LeMans. Chevy has a bigger problem on their hands. The street Camaro won't be on sale for another 3 years or so. Then what will GM run? NASCAR will run into the same problem.

On a more direct note, from the video of the cars on the mountain, either the Camaro is quieter or the driver wasn't giving it the beans. The Mustang sounded loud & raucous, like a racecar should.

On a more direct note, from the video of the cars on the mountain, either the Camaro is quieter or the driver wasn't giving it the beans. The Mustang sounded loud & raucous, like a racecar should.
I heard that the Camaro had mufflers installed, the Mustang did not.

You can see that flag as a link to the Corvette teams that run IMSA & LeMans. Chevy has a bigger problem on their hands. The street Camaro won't be on sale for another 3 years or so. Then what will GM run? NASCAR will run into the same problem.

It’s funny because I’ve seen that motif on this
CF87368D-9331-4936-A84E-12DCFC1943AC.jpeg

These Gen 3 cars are great and I can't wait to see them on track in 2023. All the issues of the category have been addressed, which is sure to make things even more competitive and entertaining for the fans.

That would explain things. Likely having to use mufflers to make the locals happy.
It was as @R1600Turbo said, the Camaro was running a muffler while the Mustang wasn't, but why would only one of the two cars running mufflers make the locals happy? They're at the same track. :confused:

I'd think it was more to test decibel figures of two different spec exhausts, or something along those lines.

Edit: Because the cars are so new it would be for testing in a similar fashion to how the Camaro is running flappy paddles and the Mustang is running stick shift. Supercars can double their data by running two different specs. :)

Last edited:
JaguarF-Type-Supercar-sml.jpg

Funny you posted that because today the Daily Telegraph is reporting that the deal between WAU and Jaguar is apparently back on.

(Credit to the person on Reddit who posted the article. Freakin news sites and their paywalls)
Jaguar is on the verge of making a shock return to Australian Racing with the British racing royalty negotiating to put a V8-F Type on the Supercars grid in 2023.

In a shock move given Kia and Toyota were considered the most likely manufacturers to join Ford and General Motors in the future, the famous British manufacturer is set to reunite with Walkinshaw Andretti United (WAU) – the current day version of the racing team that took them to Bathurst 1000 glory in 1985.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal that Jaguar has already committed to a hand shake deal with WAU and would have already made their intent to reconquer Australia official had it not been for the Covid outbreak.

While the international crisis stalled the deal, sources close to the team claim Jaguar are ready to recommit following the successful unveiling of the Gen 3 Supercars program at Mount Panorama on Friday.

The revelation means that the Ford Mustang and Chevrolet Camaro could be racing an F-Type Jaguar in a move that would turn an all-American fight into a global race war.

It will come as no surprise that Walkinshaw Andretti United will be the team to snare Jaguar given Tom Walkinshaw won the British giant a Bathurst 1000 title in 1985.

Walkinshaw almost single-handedly made Jaguar a touring car force in the 1980s after he took the V12 X-JS from the street and turned it into a race conquering touring car.

Now running Walkinshaw Andretti United (WAU), Tom’s son Ryan could follow in his father’s footsteps by turning the V8 Jaguar F-Type into an Australian Supercar.

Currently driving the soon to be redundant Holden Commodore, Ryan would not comment on Jaguar when contacted by The Daily Telegraph.

“We have always been honest and open that we are looking at our options,” Ryan said.

“We haven’t committed to the Camaro even though it looks like an exciting product. We have made no commitment to GM or Ford.”

A $300,000 plus car, a road going F-Type already produces as much power as a V8 Supercar.

Of course, this is a James Phelps article we are talking about. So I'm not getting too excited.

Well, they need to get it poppin‘. Not sure how long it’ll take to get the 5L non SC V8 up to spec and make sure those F-Type panels meet the aero requirements before Newcastle 2023.

At the bottom of the article it discusses how they barely have coverage because of the sponsor which would play a part that Supercars media barely showing the car, but also i would say it's because of one of the drivers being a former employee that left on not so great terms. It's a shame but it what it is.

But the advertisement saying we miss you and all that is in my opinion is just childish. Sure it might be funny to someone but to me it's just a bit annoying in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back