2021 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 936 comments
Bonkers.

edit: about the Supercheap thing. Ingall did get interviewed earlier today.

Edit: Awesome job by WAU. Will look better when the Opel is gone.

Last edited:
James Phelps
:odd::lol:
Absolutely insane lap from Mostert. That entire session was incredible.
I have never seen so many cars graze the walls in a shootout before. At a guess it was half of them, with SVG even hitting the inside wall :eek:. I wonder how his wrist is? He's not one to complain about injuries so it must of been a decent tweak for him to say it's a bit sore.

It’s funny because I’ve seen that motif on this
View attachment 1097588
The Chevy camp prefer that ghosted flag design. Kohr is waving the flag for the US in the multiple manufacturer GT4 class in...well, America.
It was as @R1600Turbo said, the Camaro was running a muffler while the Mustang wasn't, but why would only one of the two cars running mufflers make the locals happy? They're at the same track. :confused:
I didn't explain that running mufflers for all of the cars would be the new norm. Also, at the 5:22 mark of the video from that parade lap, doesn't it look like the Mustang downshifts without the driver using the shifter?

The Chevy camp prefer that ghosted flag design. Kohr is waving the flag for the US in the multiple manufacturer GT4 class in...well, America.

I didn't explain that running mufflers for all of the cars would be the new norm. Also, at the 5:22 mark of the video from that parade lap, doesn't it look like the Mustang downshifts without the driver using the shifter?
I’m talking about, what look like, the ghosted stars and stripes on the bonnet of the Mustang. Not the flag on top of the car.

edit: can wait

Last edited:
I didn't explain that running mufflers for all of the cars would be the new norm.
Yeah, I think that fan reaction to the car sound with and without mufflers was one of the things in the ''or something along those lines''
bit I mentioned.
Also, at the 5:22 mark of the video from that parade lap, doesn't it look like the Mustang downshifts without the driver using the shifter?
I saw it mentioned somewhere but can't find it now, the Mustang is now running dual shifting mechanisms (paddles and shifter). Originally it was only supposed have a stick shifter so I'm not sure when or why that changed.

On another note, both Erebus cars were found to have underweight doors in the shootout.

“After thorough inspection it was found that although the overall car weights were by the book, doors on both Erebus Holdens were underweight.''

Look, I know. Just thought it was worth mentioning at least. :lol:
I have never seen so many cars graze the walls in a shootout before.
Waters lap. Thought for sure that he had hit the wall up at Reid Park and on first viewing, I didn't even notice that Chaz had whacked the wall coming out of the elbow. They certainly weren't leaving any room out there. Just incredible. :eek: :crazy:

Last edited:
Look, I know. Just thought it was worth mentioning at least. :lol:

Waters lap. Thought for sure that he had hit the wall up at Reid Park and on first viewing, I didn't even notice that Chaz had whacked the wall coming out of the elbow. They certainly weren't leaving any room out there. Just incredible. :eek: :crazy:
SVG clipped the inside of the elbow too. Said his steering was off for the rest of the lap and hurt his wrist. 😬

Davison was another one to graze the wall so I wasn't far off my original guess. So it was Chaz, Cam, Shane and Will.
I have never seen so many cars graze the walls in a shootout before. At a guess it was half of them, with SVG even hitting the inside wall :eek:. I wonder how his wrist is? He's not one to complain about injuries so it must of been a decent tweak for him to say it's a bit sore.

Big shame for #20. All that build up only for your race to be over not even two laps in. Really feel for those guys.

Now it’s a bit of a wake up.
Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing. Kostecki and Waters have put themselves back in play, although I was expecting Kostecki to charge up to the back of Tander. Perhaps a bit of fuel save?

All that and the 25 is right on the back of the “leaders”. Lee could probably catch and pick off each of those ahead.

Last edited:
Back