2021 Touring Car Discussion Thread - TCR, BTCC, etc.Touring Cars 

An interesting BTCC qualifying session at Brands Indy, sees Dan Rowbottom take his maiden pole position, in a Team Dynamics 1-2 with Shedden 2nd (by 0.005s). Elsewhere, Turkungton had a disappointing session to finish 14th, which sees 28 cars covered by <1s.

BTCC INDY qualifying.png

Last edited:
The BTCC is back at Oulton this weekend, after its summer break, so a little recap on some news since then.

Interestingly, it looks like EXCELR8 are weighing up a possible Hyundai engine program for 2022.

Also, the vacant Cupra ride at Team HARD has been filled.

Last edited:

Finally ARG have come to their senses. The Bend has been operating almost non-stop throughout the whole pandemic, bar the NSW furniture removalist incident (they had to stop at Tailem Bend didn't they :irked:). Bad luck they're not bringing S5000... but TCR is a start. It was great to watch last time I went there so I'll be going as long as no unforeseen circumstances pop up. We've been a bit starved for motorsport down here in SA.

A fascinating qualifying session at Thruxton has set up the grid nicely for race 1 tomorrow, as Rowbottom takes his second pole of the season. Mixed feelings for Shedden though, as he seemed to have on off/issue on his last fast lap to line up 14th, after potentially being on for a front row start, based on pace.

@andrea I take it that was for the Belgian GP thread, right?

No rain to stop play at Thruxton today, as Josh Cook and Ash Sutton share top honours in the first two races. Seven wins for Cook around this circuit, and an equally impressive run to 2nd behind Sutton with 75kg on board.

Feel bad for Team Dynamics and Tom Ingram after the various issues they've had in Race 2. Tingram was in a cracking battle with Rory Butcher and Colin Turkington for 5th until he dropped to 12th with a late puncture.

Last edited:
Back