• 434 comments
Villa 2-1 Leeds
Man United 2-1 City
Brighton 3-0 Liverpool
Everton 1-2 Southampton
Forest 2-0 Leicester
Wolves 1-0 West Ham
Brentford 2-0 Bournemouth

Man united now just one point from away from City in the table after a comeback win in the derby, Grealish gave City the lead in the second half after a fairly boring first half, Fernandes got the controversial equalizer when Rashford was involved in the build up from an offside position, it looked like he didn't touch the ball but he was interfering with play and the goal was given after a VAR check. Rashford then got the winner after some nice play from Garnacho, big win for United but City didn't do enough and its two defeats in a week for them.

Elsewhere Southampton got a massive win in the big game at the bottom, Ward-Prowse scored twice including his now trademark free kick after Onana gave Everton the lead in the first half, the reaction at full time was pretty brutal with boos, protests and banners aimed at the Everton board and this could be the last nail in Lampard's coffin as manager, Brighton got a nice win over Liverpool and go above them in the table, March with two and Welbeck with the other for them, another bad day for Liverpool. Forest now up to 13th with that win over Leicester and have been in good form since the World Cup break, another loss for Leeds in last night's game puts more pressure on Jesse Marsch. Wolves out of the relegation zone with that win over West Ham.

Newcastle 1-0 Fulham
Chelsea 1-0 Palace
Spurs 0-2 Arsenal

Big win for Chelsea which eases pressure on Potter, Havertz with the second half goal, Chelsea have signed yet another player and it Mudryk who was set for an Arsenal move but Chelsea made a late bid, its a 62 million up front deal with almost 30 million in add-ons and he joins from Shakthar, he also signs an eight-and-half year deal!

Isak came off the bench to score an 89th minute winner for Newcastle in quite a tight game, Mitrovic 'scored' a penalty for Fulham but it was ruled out after he slipped and hit the ball with both feet, massive win for Arsenal in the derby and they are now 9 points clear at the top, Lloris dropped another clanger for the first goal and it was an own goal by him when he fumbled the ball in, Odegaard with a great long range strike for the second with both goals coming in the first half, Spurs were terrible in that half but improved in the second, some ugly scenes involving Spurs fans and Ramsdale at the end.

Football this week is the FA Cup replays with a couple of PL games.

Most of the replays take place tomorrow with the exception of Leeds v Cardiff which take place on Wednesday, Liverpool v Wolves is on BBC tomorrow night and the other replays taking place are: Accrington v Boreham Wood, Forest Green v Birmingham, Swansea v Bristol City, Wigan v Luton and West Brom v Chesterfield.

The two Premier League games are the re-scheduled games that need to be played, Crystal Palace v Man United is on Wednesday and Man City v Spurs on Thursday, both games are live on Sky at 8pm.

Last night Man United missed the chance to go second after a 1-1 draw against Crystal Palace, Bruno Fernandes goal cancelled out by Olise's great free kick in the 9st minute, another yellow card for Casemiro means he will be suspended for United big clash against Arsenal also, City v Spurs is tonight.

No shocks in the cup replays with the teams expected to go through going through. Liverpool, Birmingham, West Brom, Luton, Bristol City and Leeds all progress.

Arsenal in talks to sign Leonardo Trossard from Brighton, Danny Ings has joined West Ham from Aston Villa for £15 million.

Here are this weekends games.

Saturday.
Bournemouth v Nottingham Forest
Crystal Palace v Newcastle (5.30 Sky)
Leicester v Brighton
Liverpool v Chelsea (12.30 BT)
Southampton v Aston Villa
West Ham v Everton

Sunday.
Arsenal v Man United (4.30 Sky)
Leeds v Brentford (2pm Sky)
Man City v Wolves

Monday.
Fulham v Tottenham (8pm Sky)

Four of the 'big six' face each other, plus a massive game at the bottom between West Ham and Everton.

How the actual **** did they determine that wasn't offside?

What even are rules now?
The last fundamental change to the offside law was in 1924 when it moved from three players behind the ball to two as we know it today. The off-the-shoulder style forward play wasn't and couldn't be predicted at the time and the game has evolved tactically in such a way that offside almost looks like an anachronism.

I don't know what the solution is but offside has not kept pace with the modern game.
Hilarious.

Liverpool 0-0 Chelsea
Leicester 2-2 Brighton
West Ham 2-0 Everton
Southampton 0-1 Villa
Bournemouth 1-1 Forest
Palace 0-0 Newcastle
Leeds 0-0 Brentford
Man City 3-0 Wolves
Arsenal 3-2 Man United

Great game between Arsenal and United, Nketiah with two including a 9st minute winner for Arsenal who dominated for large parts of the game, Rashford with a great strike to put United ahead but Arsenal deserved the win, no complaints from me. Haaland hat-trick for City earlier.

Yesterday West Ham won the big game at the bottom with Bowen scoring twice, more pressure on Lampard, there was a delay in the Southampton-Villa game when a drone flew over the stadium so the ref took the players off the pitch, two 0-'s yesterday and one today and they were all TV games, Liverpool-Chelsea was good but both teams lacked quality up front.

Been a while since I posted in here, but thought I'd proffer my opinion on the Arsenal v United game.

It must have been very entertaining for the neutral, a lot of pressing and play switching from one end to the other however quality in midfield showed IMO. Both teams defended well, though United had the most to do, by far. I said to my mates that it was a deserved win for Arsenal but I'm dissapointed in Uniteds performance. We do now have a very good, very competetive starting 11, but once we start to lose players, especially the likes of Casemiro, the drop in quality with whoever fills in is huge.

When I take a step back and look at tonight in the context of our season, I'm thrilled. If someone said we'd be comfortably top 4 by late January at the start of the season I'd have bit thier hand off. So a bad day at the office, but overall it's still progress and Arsenal are just fantastic this season. Credit to Arteta, he's really proving his worth at Arsenal and what he's acheiveing is fantastic.

We just need to make sure we can keep ourselves in the top 4 and avoid a bad run. The one big negative from this week is we've conceded llate goals under pressure in two games. We need to compose ourselves and not fall back into defensive mode so readilly but I worry we don't have the quality in depth to avoid hitting a poor run at some point this season when the key first 11 players start to get injured/suspended/fatigued.

That's not to say our second choice players shouldn't be good enough, they cost enough to be good enough, but there's a lot of money badly spent in that squad despite the players Ten Hag has brought in, who have been very good overall, though jury is still out on Anthony.

One disappointment for me is that we had such a great win over City last week but we haven't capitalized on it, if anything we have gone backwards in the two games since, but we are having a good season thus far so there are still positives.

Also welcome back!

Lampard is gone

He seemed to be outstaying his welcome at Everton anyway, but from the fan protests, it seems like Lampard was just one of the many problems the club is facing currently as they fight for Premier League survival.

He was doomed from the start. When the fans are against you from day 1, you'll never get the dressing room and you won't survive. He's not as bad a manager as people make him out to be, he guided Chelsea to 4th in his first Premier League managerial season despite a transfer embargo, had a small bad run and a disagreement with the owners regarding transfers and was off. Put in place a side that would eventually win that years champions league under Tuchel.

He'll find his feet somewhere for sure, but Everton are like what Newcastle were for a while, just a poisoned chalice. They'll probably get Sean Dyche in to try and keep them up but really they're going down.

I was so close to posting "tell me you're getting sacked in the morning without telling me" and this screenshot:

1674490200802.png

Last edited:
League Cup semi final first legs are tonight and tomorrow, Southampton v Newcastle tonight with Forest v Man United tomorrow night, both games on Sky.

FA Cup fourth round is this weekend.

So its the FA Cup fourth round this weekend. Here are the games on TV.

Tonight.
Man City v Arsenal (8pm ITV)

Saturday.
Accrington Stanley v Leeds (12.30 BBC)
Preston v Tottenham (6pm BBC)
Man United v Reading (8pm ITV4)

Sunday.
Brighton v Liverpool (1.30 ITV)
Wrexham v Sheffield United (4.30 BBC)

Monday.
Derby v West Ham (8pm ITV4)

In the League Cup semi finals this week, Newcastle beat Southampton 0-1 and Man United beat Forest 0-3 ahead of the second legs next week.

Transfer window closes on Tuesday, Newcastle have just agreed a deal with Everton to sign Anthony Gordon for £45 million raising to 45. Brighton have rejected a bid for £60 million for Moises Caicedo from Arsenal.

Sean Dyche looks set to become new Everton manager.

Not a lot to shout about in terms of upsets in the cup today, Sunderland take Fulham to a replay after a 1-1 and Grimsby take Luton to a replay after a 2-2, Ipswich-Burnley also goes to a replay but aside from that there were wins for Leeds, Leicester, Southampton, Bristol City, Spurs and Man United, Man City beat Arsenal last night.

Its been reported pretty much everywhere that one of Marcelo Bielsa's demands for the Everton job is that he wanted to coach the U21's for six months first! Plus he wanted a £10.5 million wage and to hand pick his coaching staff.

Brighton knocked Liverpool out of the Cup following a brilliant 91st minute winner from Mitoma, the game finished 2-1 and it comes just a week after Brighton also beat Liverpool 3-0 in the league, Wrexham-Sheffield United was a great cup tie which finished 3-3 and will go to a replay, United had Jebbison sent off for an off the ball incident and Wrexham were 3-2 but a late equalizer takes it to Bramall Lane, Stoke beat Stevenage 3-1 to progress.

Fifth round draw takes place tomorrow from 7pm on The One Show.

Deadline day is today, major deals are Arsenal signing Jorginho from Chelsea for £12 million after they had bids for Brighton's Moises Caicedo rejected, Chelsea trying to sign Enzo Fernandez from Benfica which would be a British transfer record fee as his release clause is £105.4 million. Man United in talks to sign Marcel Sabizter on loan from Bayern with an option to buy, Christian Eriksen out for three months with a knee injury. Spurs in talks with right back Pedro Porro in a deal with around £35 million.

Bayern have completed the signing of Joao Cancelo on loan from Man City with an option to buy for £60 million, its a move that came out of nowhere as he was one of the best full backs last season but he has fallen out of favour more recently, and he might have fallen out with Pep too.

Two footballers lost their lives in the Earthquake that Hit Turkiye and Syria.

Christian Atsu and Eyup Ahmet Turkaslan.

Many personnel who worked in Hatayspor also died in the earthquake.

Rest In Peace and my condolences to their family and friends.

Last edited:
Manchester City beat Burnley 6-0 at home in the FA Cup, with Haaland scoring a hat-trick.

That means he has scored more hat-tricks in all competitions this season (6) than every other Premier League player combined (5), and has scored a hat-trick in more games at the Etihad (6) than he has failed to score in (5).

Watching United v Fulham, United were playing rubbish with Fulham 1-0 through Mitrovic..then Fulham imploded.

There was a penalty incident where Willian moved his arm towards the ball, ref went to the monitor to look at it, Marco Silva was going mad and throwing water bottles so the ref sent him off, Willian was sent off for the handball, then Mitrovic put his hands on the ref and shoved him so he got sent off as well.

Three red cards for one incident!

Getting a bit bored and fed up about the United takeover talks/news, its predictably turned into a circus and I'm also getting more convinced that the Glazers wont even sell. :indiff:

That's the title well and truly bought for City now.

Back