2022-23 World GT Challenge Season 1 (Season Finished)

• Thread starter Raptor013
  • 258 comments
Australia
Sydney
Raptor_Race_13
2022-23 World GT Challenge
20220702171202.jpg

The long running GT World Challenge will be making the move to GT7 for the 2022-23 season, with a host of new regulations aimed spice up the racing and provide plenty of close on track battles with drivers of all skills from across the globe are welcome.

Screenshot 2022-10-24 194120.jpg

All Lobby Settings will be as follows:
Car Class: Gr.3 only (Gr.3 VGT cars also welcome)
Tyres: x4
Fuel: x3
BoP: On
Tuning: Allowed
Required Tyres: Racing Medium / Intermediate / Heavy Wet
Performance Points: 780
Weather: Dynamic (x2) Unless otherwise specified.

Race lobbies will be opened from 19:30 UK time, with Qualifying starting around 19:45 UK time.

We also have the return of the "Super Sprint" format with the Gr.4 cars and a reverse grid race.

RACE SETTINGS:

Qualifying: 10 Minutes
Start: Rolling (unless otherwise stated)
Grid Order: Fastest First
Boost: Off
Slipstream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mech Damage: Light
Tyre Wear: 4x
Fuel Depletion: 3x
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Reduction: Real
Race Finish Delay: 180 Seconds
Category: Gr.3
BOP: On
Tyres: Racing Medium / Intermediate / Wet
Ghost: Off
Penalties: On
Side Contact Penalty: On
Driving Aids Prohibited: Countersteering Assistance
Weather: Dynamic

An Event Weather Forecast will be announced on the Wednesday prior stating the starting conditions for the day (all remaining weather events will be random).

RULES/REGS:

The only rules and regs are....

1. You must keep the same car and racing number throughout the season.

2. Racing liveries are free, however must comply with GT 7 terms and conditions.

3. Qualifying will be a 10 minute session manually started once everyone arrives. Lobby will be restarted with the correct time of Day. Once this reset occurs, Qualifying will be live.

4. #00 is held in reserve for the defending Silver Cup Champion. For this season that is @Raptor013

5. #1 is held in reserve for the defending Outright Champion. For this season that is @Raptor013

6. #99 in held in reserve for the defending AM Champion. For this season that is @Kuraudo

7. #37 is held in reserve for series founder @paoloevans

8. The points system is as follows

The points system is as follows

1st - 25pts
2nd - 18pts
3rd - 15pts
4th - 12pts
5th - 10pts
6th - 8pts
7th - 6pts
8th - 4pts
9th - 2pts
10th - 1pt

Points will be awarded for outright and also for position within your class.

Driver Classing:
The series runs three classes Pro, Silver and Amateur. Drivers will be classed based on overall performance across races to ensure everyone has an even chance to race for results.

Points will be awarded as normal for the overall finishing position but seperate points will be also awarded for the Silver and AM standings.

To register your interest for this series please post your:
GTPlanet name:
PSN Name:
Car:
Number:
Livery Photo (Can be posted at a later date if necessary):

Last edited:
Official Entry List

#10 HoonigaN96 / Subaru BRZ
#13 Raptor013 / Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
#16 gtic_ybear / TBC
#17 MrT17 / Nissan GT-R
#23 coyb20 / Toyota GR Supra
#24 Daddo7911 / Toyota FT-1
#27 Kiluah / Porsche 911 RSR
#37 paoloevans / Ferrari 458 Italia
#61 Kuraudo / Honda NSX
#74 Sinuhe / McLaren 650S
#82 Villan82 / Genesis X
#92 mcfc13 / Porsche 911 RSR

Classing
Pro
#13 Raptor013
#17 MrT17
#24 Daddo7911
#74 Sinuhe

Silver
#10 HoonigaN96
#16 gtic_ybear
#23 coyb20
#37 paoloevans
#82 Villan82
#92 mcfc13

AM
#27 Kiluah
#61 Kuraudo

Last edited:
GTPlanet Name: paoloevans
PSN Name: paoloevans
Car: Ferrari 458 GT3 and Gr.4
Number: 37
Photo:

Looking forward to Friday 👍

Last edited:
@paoloevans super liveries + awesome number plate!
Style :bowdown:
Number font :bowdown:
Colors :bowdown:
We could make it the "official" number plate of the series if it's OK for everybody :) .
Cheers Dex. It's the "old" style Blancpain GT Series numbers and plate. I just blacked out the top and bottom and added your GTWC decal and added GTPlanet decals on the bottom 👌

The GT3 livery I cheated slightly. The base pattern I found in the games showcase and then tweaked the colours and added all the decals and small details and was really pleased with the end result.

🙂

I'm not sure what's happening with the tyres at the moment but on a practice Session with series regs my RM's are only lasting 4 Laps at Kyoto?

I'm not sure what's happening with the tyres at the moment but on a practice Session with series regs my RM's are only lasting 4 Laps at Kyoto?
Yeah, they've either stuffed up the tyre modelling with this update, or there's a bug in the game.

It's going to make tonight's Nations Cup race interesting. Racing Softs on a Super Formula at Spa.

I'll adjust the tyres to x1 for the test session until we work out what's happened with the tyres.

As for the official session, the starting time of day will be in the Afternoon. Kyoto has a 0% chance of rain.

Plenty of spots left.

Just fill in the following and you'll be included on the entry list.
GTPlanet name:
PSN Name:
Car:
Number:
GTPlanet name: gtic_ybear
Psn name: y_bearr_
Car : TBA
Number : 16

Who will be the host?
Any discord link about this series?

GTPlanet name: gtic_ybear
Psn name: y_bearr_
Car : TBA
Number : 16

Who will be the host?
Any discord link about this series?
I'll be the host. My PSN is Raptor_Race_13 but it will be a public lobby so anyone can find us.

We don't have Discord (although that's something we could consider doing).

Hello everyone, I'd love to join this series, I'm still in the process of setting up my rig after a house move and I won't make it for this week's test but I should be up and running by next week.

Looking forward to meet you guys on track.

GTPlanet name: Sinuhe
Psn name: Clemeson
Car : McLaren 650S GT3 '15
Number : 74

Hello everyone, I'd love to join this series, I'm still in the process of setting up my rig after a house move and I won't make it for this week's test but I should be up and running by next week.

Welcome to the series.

Welcome :cheers: !

For those able to make it to the Deep Forest Test Session. The lobby will open at 19:30 BST and will be open for around 3 hours.

Deep Forest doesn't have any wet weather options, so only the Racing Mediums will be required and the session will start in the Morning Time of Day with an x4 multiplier and random weather patterns (so it might look at times like it could rain), as I'm trying to find a decent balance for that option for when racing starts.

Tire wear after the update 1.21: :eek: !
Feels like it's the same as the 1.20 update (when it first appeared). I've run a couple of GTWS races (Nations and Manufacturers Cups) since that update, and the tyre wear can catch up quite quickly if you're not careful.

I ran the tyre wear at x1 last week at Kyoto and was able to get 17 laps out of the Mediums without drama (17 laps was the range of the fuel tank).

This weeks Nations Cup race sees a 12 lapper at Catalunya with x5 tyre wear. And I was just able to get the Racing Hards to last the distance there with the Lancer (which is one of the better cars on fuel, but not for managing tyres).

I'll run the tyre wear to x2 for this weeks Pre-Season test. As we need to find a good balance of tyre wear and fuel burn so that we have enough strategy options to encourage good racing naturally without resorting to gimmicks like we've seen in some real life series.

2022-23 World GT Challenge
View attachment 1186122

The long running GT World Challenge will be making the move to GT7 for the 2022-23 season, with a host of new regulations aimed spice up the racing and provide plenty of close on track battles with drivers of all skills from across the globe are welcome.

The next season is scheduled to begin in mid-October to be contested over 6 rounds, however the month of September is filled with a number of Pre-Season Open Pitlane Test days so drivers can fine tune their car set-ups and to determine driver classing for the official season.

Open Pitlane lobbies will be opened from 19:30 UK time and run until 22:30 UK.

View attachment 1186123

All Pre-Season Lobby Settings will be as follows:
Car Class: Gr.3 only (Gr.3 VGT cars also welcome)
Tyres: x4
Fuel: x3
BoP: On
Required Tyres: Racing Medium / Intermediate / Heavy Wet
Performance Points: 780
Weather: Dynamic (x2)

Race lobbies will be opened from 19:30 UK time, with Qualifying starting around 19:45 UK time.

We also have the return of the "Super Sprint" format with the Gr.4 cars and a reverse grid race.

RACE SETTINGS:

Qualifying: 10 Minutes
Start: Rolling (unless otherwise stated)
Grid Order: Fastest First
Boost: Off
Slipstream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mech Damage: Light
Tyre Wear: 4x
Fuel Depletion: 3x
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Reduction: Real
Race Finish Delay: 180 Seconds
Category: Gr.3
BOP: On
Tyres: Racing Medium / Intermediate / Wet
Ghost: Off
Penalties: On
Side Contact Penalty: On
Driving Aids Prohibited: Countersteering Assistance
Weather: Dynamic

An Event Weather Forecast will be announced on the Wednesday prior stating the starting conditions for the day (all remaining weather events will be random).

To register your interest for this series please post your:
GTPlanet name:
PSN Name:
Car:
Number:
Livery Photo (Can be posted at a later date if necessary):
Hello My name is Anthony I’m interested in registering
Gtplane name: Daddo7911
Psn adw7911
Car Toyota ft1
Number 24

Welcome @Sinuhe 👍🙂

@Raptor013 sorry mate I won't be there tonight.

Last edited:
The damage model after the wall riding stuff is just ridiculus. If I just only look to the barrier, it's damage. In single player mode? The stupid blind AI hit me? Good luck for the next half a minute... Online? One tiny srcatch or touch and it's race over.

Hi, if sign ups are still open I'd like to register my interest please

GTPlanet name: HoonigaN96
PSN Name: RZR_Motorsport96
Car: Subaru BRZ GT300
Number: #10

Just a question, what are the rules on just whacking big turbos onto cars, I see the PP limit is 780, but are we allowed to just throw a big turbo at the cars or not 😅?

Thank you

Back