2022-23 World GT Challenge Season 1 (Season Finished)

• Thread starter Raptor013
  • 258 comments
To be honest if you practice enough you will get there, it's all about practicing, it's what makes us better in everything. It's in you, you just have to unleash it!
As I've said before. "Whats this practice you speak of?"

To be honest if you practice enough you will get there, it's all about practicing, it's what makes us better in everything. It's in you, you just have to unleash it!
:cheers:
This is my "after practice" pace:scared: . I'm this slow (+4-5 sec / lap ) since GT Sport :( .

How long are the races? Sorry, am maybe just missing where it shows this :)
The race lengths do vary in laps as it's circuit dependant, but the distance is 60 miles.

So for Bathurst (our next race) that's 16 laps.

And as @MrT17 said the races take roughly 40 minutes to complete. Longest race i think we've ever had was 55 minutes.

Last edited:
Nice. I'll join in then for that last race if thats ok. I'll probably be in the beginner bracket! Hope there is another season :)

GTPlanet name: Kiluah
PSN Name: Kiluah
Car: Porsche 911 RSR
Number: 27
Welcome to the series. I'll drop you into the Am class for the season final.

And yeah, there will be more racing. But going to be some big changes as well to be announced shortly.

Weather report for the season final.

Please take note that the Time Speed Rate is set for x30 for this race.

I have already tested this and we will see nightfall on approximately lap 4 and we won't see the sun again until around lap 12/13.

The track is extremely dark during the night and if the cloud cover persists it can be difficult to pick out braking points, corner apexes and also the pit entry road (depending on your strategy.)

Gran Turismo™ 7_20230418211200.jpg

Cool :) . My first ever online night time race :) !

Dark or not dark, I always have problems with the pit entries :( . I think I got the pit line cross penalty every single race, no matter how I tried to drive in clean and slow :dunce:.

Cool :) . My first ever online night time race :) !

Dark or not dark, I always have problems with the pit entries :( . I think I got the pit line cross penalty every single race, no matter how I tried to drive in clean and slow :dunce:.
Yeah, Bathurst's pit entry road is deceptive. The video below shows that even the Pros can get it wrong.

Sorry guys I wasn't able to make it and totally forgot to tell you, been crazy busy. Did the race went on?

Okay. Points have be double checked, corrected and uploaded.

Apologies for them being incorrect the first time. I blame it on on being fully awake when I did them (was still recovering from Saturday nights GTWS Manufacturers races).

Congratulations to @MrT17 on winning the Overall Championship. You will have first use of the #1 board for next season should you wish to use it.

Congratulations to @Mcfc13 on winning the Silver Cup you have the option to use #0 next season as the defending Silver Cup Champion.

And finally Congratulations to @Kuraudo on another AM Championship title win. You have the option to use #99 should you decide to do so.

For next season we can go on one of two ways. We can stick with our GT3 class racing, although I will look to remove the BoP element and have a set Power and Weight limit that all cars will need to meet.

Or we can go with a GT4 class for next season. I have a set of regs that should provide for some close racing. However only certain Gr.4 class cars will be eligible to compete.

I will also be starting work on a dedicated Discord Server to run in conjunction with the forum here. More details on that once it is ready.

Let's face it, I'm slow as hell, so I'm mostly useless as a racer (but I'm a great moving roadblock), but if I decide to keep racing I'd like to vote for the Gr.3 / GT3 class - if it's a voting thing :D .

To be honest I don't know what happened to GT7. A few years (seasons) ago we had 10+ racers every race, but the end of the GTS era only a few left and only a few jumped in - big thanks to them :cheers:. Maybe GT7 feels too much like GTS and most of the people got bored?
I think one the biggest thing in GTS and GT7 is the Gr.3 category. If I'm correct this is the only Gr.3 sprint race championshp currently here in GTP and... where is everybody :( ?

How long are the races? Sorry, am maybe just missing where it shows this :)

Let's face it, I'm slow as hell, so I'm mostly useless as a racer (but I'm a great moving roadblock), but if I decide to keep racing I'd like to vote for the Gr.3 / GT3 class - if it's a voting thing :D .

To be honest I don't know what happened to GT7. A few years (seasons) ago we had 10+ racers every race, but the end of the GTS era only a few left and only a few jumped in - big thanks to them :cheers:. Maybe GT7 feels too much like GTS and most of the people got bored?
I think one the biggest thing in GTS and GT7 is the Gr.3 category. If I'm correct this is the only Gr.3 sprint race championshp currently here in GTP and... where is everybody :( ?
Here's an idea how about a multi-class series with Gr.3 and Gr.4, 8 x 8 cars.

Back