2024 Formula 1 Constructors threadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 793 comments
Understandable. I don't hate him but I don't think he's the right guy for the job, continuity in terms of drivers does not seem like a big deal to him. Great drivers like Sainz and Ricciardo walking away to join McLaren says it all really, failure of management.

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm more surprised they didn't stick the TAG Heuer brand back on the engine program or open it up to someone else. I imagine there'd be a few companies willing to shell out some big bucks to slap their name on there, especially if RBR is doing all the development work themselves.

Finally.

Red Bull are their own manufacturer team in all but crossing the Ts and dotting the Is, Feels long overdue that they built their own engines. Or at the very least, took on responsibilty for them having purchased an existing engine supplier's assets.

Last edited:
Interesting that there's no Mercedes branding anywhere.

Nevermind, last year's Williams and Tracing Point didn't have any either.

Last edited:
Papaya is the new grey I guess :lol:

The rear end definitely looks slimmer than the 2020's. Hopefully they can move forward despite the lack of development.

Last edited:
Is there even any difference in the livery?

Rear end will probably be very similar on the other cars given the new regulations

Is there even any difference in the livery?

Rear end will probably be very similar on the other cars given the new regulations
McLaren has special dispensation to basically redesign the entire rear end, because it's the only car with a totally different engine compared to 2020. It's needed to repackage everything.

I’ve noticed that McLaren has followed Mercedes and Racing Point in adopting a “hanging” front wing/nose. I think it’s pretty clear that it’s the superior setup, as it produces more underbody downforce and has a lot of high speed stability. So why is it that only 3 teams have adopted it after almost 4 years?

However the car didn't have a livery on it

The rumours are that it's going to be BWT, who were going to sign with Haas but then withdrew. No mention of whether or not that was Mazepin related, except from me just then.

Last edited:
AlphaTauri AT02
racefansdotnet-2021-02-19-08-04-37-1.jpg

racefansdotnet-2021-02-19-08-04-46-10.jpg

racefansdotnet-2021-02-19-08-05-16-5.jpg

racefansdotnet-2021-02-19-08-04-43-2.jpg

Very much like the reveal of the Alpha Tauri for 2021, much nicer livery look and use of the colour design for this year.

Looking forward to the other teams reveals in due course!

Not working at all for me.

Someone reversed the colors and I think it looks 100% better.
Especially as we're likely to get another blue car on the grid in Alpine, Mercedes are staying with the black, Aston Martin is likely to be a dark green AND this is the same blue as Red Bull...

I get that they might be trying to avoid clashing with Williams again, but don't make it look like more other cars on the grid.

Yeah I prefer the much more dominant white. Apart from Ferrari and McLaren the rest of the grid is basically just dark/monochromatic hues :grumpy:

I’ve noticed that McLaren has followed Mercedes and Racing Point in adopting a “hanging” front wing/nose. I think it’s pretty clear that it’s the superior setup, as it produces more underbody downforce and has a lot of high speed stability. So why is it that only 3 teams have adopted it after almost 4 years?

Not so easy to change aero philosophy. You need to make the rest of the car work with the front wing. Just look at Racing Point, they had to wholesale copy the Mercs down to the rear brake ducts to get the new concept to work. McLaren tried the new nose in a few races last season, but it ends up slower because the rest of the car isn't adapted for it.

Not working at all for me.

Someone reversed the colors and I think it looks 100% better.
70t8rhk95fi61.png

That looks so much better. It’s largely due the heavier color, the dark blue, being on the bottom. It’s a naturally more aesthetically pleasing design to have the heaviest colors on the bottom.

Back