2022 GT Planet World GT Challenge (Round 7: September 9th - Blue Moon Bay)

• Thread starter Raptor013
  • 123 comments
Australia
Sydney
Raptor_Race_13
Welcome to the 2022 GT Planet World GT Challenge.

2022 season.jpg

The 2022 season may be the farewell tour for GT Sport (depending on the online servers), before a planned move across to GT7.

Our new season will also introduce scheduled grid starts for selected events were the track layout is a disadvantage to those starting towards the rear of the grid.

Race lobbies will be opened from 19:30 UK time, with Qualifying starting around 19:45 UK time.

We also have the return of the "Super Sprint" format with the Gr.4 cars and a reverse grid race.

RACE SETTINGS:

Qualifying: 10 Minutes
Start: Varies from Event to Event
Grid Order: Fastest First
Boost: Off
Slipstream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mech Damage: Light
Tyre Wear: 4x
Fuel Depletion: 3x
Initial Fuel: Default
Grip Reduction: Real
Race Finish Delay: 180 Seconds
Category: Gr.3 and Gr.4
BOP: On
Tyres: Racing Medium Only
Tuning: Prohibited
Ghost: Off
Penalties: Off
Side Contact Penalty: On
Driving Aids Prohibited: Countersteering Assistance

QUALIFYING SETTINGS:

Qualifying will be 10 minutes and tyre wear and fuel depletion will be switched off for the session. In the rare case there are any network issues qualy can be reduced to keep the time plan on schedule.

RULES/REGS:

The only rules and regs are....

1. You must keep the same car and racing number throughout the season.

2. Racing liveries are free, however must comply with GT Sports terms and conditions.

3. The Brands Hatch "Super Sprint" will see the Gr.4 cars hit the track for their only event of the season. You must use a car from the same manufacturer as your regular series Gr.3 car.

4. The Brands Hatch "Super Sprint" will also see the introduction of the Super Soft Racing Tyres for both races as both Tyre Wear and fuel Burn will be set to x1.

5. #00 is held in reserve for the defending Silver Cup Champion. For this season that is @Raptor013

6. #1 is held in reserve for the defending Outright Champion. For this season that is @Raptor013

7. #99 in held in reserve for the defending AM Champion. For this season that is @Kuraudo

8. #37 is held in reserve for series founder @paoloevans

9. The points system is as follows

1st - 25pts
2nd - 18pts
3rd - 15pts
4th - 12pts
5th - 10pts
6th - 8pts
7th - 6pts
8th - 4pts
9th - 2pts
10th - 1pt

Pole Postition - 1pt
Fastest Lap - 1pt

Driver Classing:

Continuing for this Season driver classing will be determined by your GT Sport DR and your Speedscore % on Kudosprime.

Once you have submitted your entry I will look up your profile on Kudosprime and determine your class.

Kudosprime Speedscore % = Class

Above 70% = PRO
50%-70% = Silver
Below 50% = AM

Silver and AM Classes:

Points will be awarded as normal for the overall finishing position but seperate points will be also awarded for the Silver and AM standings.

The points will be 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1.

Pole Position in the Silver and AM Classes will be awarded 1 point.

If your Speedscore % changes during the Season you will remain in the Class you started the season in :)

ENTRY:

To sign up please post your:

GTPlanet name:
PSN Name:
Car:
Number:
Livery Photo (Can be posted at a later date if necessary):

Last edited:
#1 Raptor013 / Raptor_Race_13 / Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Gr.3 / Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Gr.4
#51 paoloevans / paoloevans / Ferrari 458 Italia Gr.3 / Ferrari 458 Italia Gr.4
#61 Kuraudo / Dexter_HUN / TBA / TBA

Reserves
#46 Valex / Valex997 / Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3 / Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.4

Last edited:
:) :cheers:
GTPlanet name: Kuraudo
PSN Name: Dexter_HUN
Car: TBD (probably Honda NSX Gr3)
Number: #61
Might need to make you run extra ballast for any Grid Starts, given your lightning starts. You're even scaring me, and I'm normally the one that gets the jump on people at the lights.

GTPlanet Name: paoloevans
PSN Name: paoloevans
Car: Ferrari 458 Gr.3 and Gr.4
Number: #37

Let's go again 😁

Last edited:
Thank you guys for the race and congratulations for @Raptor013 :) . Perfect race. QF, win, FL.
My first QF lap was so shocking, after that I couldn't run a normal lap XD . Btw I think it wasn't me being good, you guys became "slower" - GT7 has a different physics engine.
The car was great again but the tire wear (long corners :( ) kicked in at lap 7(!) and I was all over the place for 1-2 laps until I get used to the tired tires.

Thank you guys for the race and congratulations for @Raptor013 :) . Perfect race. QF, win, FL.
My first QF lap was so shocking, after that I couldn't run a normal lap XD . Btw I think it wasn't me being good, you guys became "slower" - GT7 has a different physics engine.
The car was great again but the tire wear (long corners :( ) kicked in at lap 7(!) and I was all over the place for 1-2 laps until I get used to the tired tires.
Even so Dex "that lap" you did was mega impressive. I struggled a bit with consistency but I was no match for @Raptor013 at Interlagos. Wanted to win that little bit extra as its the home track of Felipe Massa (my racing hero 😁).

I've got a feeling @Raptor013 will have the advantage at the Nurburgring also but we'll see. It's Le Mans weekend for Round 2 so that will give me an extra incentive to be fired up!!

Great to get the season up and running.

Even so Dex "that lap" you did was mega impressive. I struggled a bit with consistency but I was no match for @Raptor013 at Interlagos. Wanted to win that little bit extra as its the home track of Felipe Massa (my racing hero 😁).

I've got a feeling @Raptor013 will have the advantage at the Nurburgring also but we'll see. It's Le Mans weekend for Round 2 so that will give me an extra incentive to be fired up!!

Great to get the season up and running.
@Kuraudo you're definitely becoming more consistent. Less mistakes, faster lap pace, it all adds up. There will come a day when we won't be able to break away from you during a race. To be honest it's something I'll be looking forward to as I enjoy close racing.

@paoloevans I've no idea where my pace at Interlagos came from. I usually have a mid to late race drop off, or I'm recovering from an early error. None of that happened this time out. I know my race wasn't perfect (a couple of small errors), but overall I was simply in a groove. Although I did think that the Ferrari should have had the race pace to keep it closer than it was.

To be honest, I think the amount of driving I've been doing in GT7 has helped despite the difference in physics.

As for Nurburgring. I have a love hate relationship with that place. I love running on the 24 Hour layout. The GP track not so much, unless I'm in a Gr.4 car.

Thank you guys :) . Probably the fact that I drive only the NSX for 3(?) seasons helps a little bit to get faster every time. I was only 33 sec behind @paoloevans? I had a BIG spin at the end of the 22th lap (yes, I was stupid) and still only 33 sec? It won't happen at Nurb GP XD . So many hard sections and tricky corners.

Hi guys.

It's been a while, I've been racing in some other places of late. I sometimes see Paolo's liveried pop up in the showcase and wondered what was going on.

I'd like to join you for a few races if I may. Would that be ok?

Hi mate! How you been 😁

Back