2022 GT Planet World GT Challenge (Round 7: September 9th - Blue Moon Bay)

• Thread starter Raptor013
  • 123 comments
Hi everyone, just one question. Is it possible to participate with private liveries? or do you have to use the official ones of the GT World Challenge ?? I don't know whether to participate given the commitments 😁😄

Thank you guys again :) . Congratulations @paoloevans for the win and @Raptor013 for the 0.172 seconds. unbelievably close. My qf lap was OK, probably I could do a little faster (maybe -0.5-0.7 sec?), but just like last time, after my first lap I was... lame :D .

It was a good race, but I didn't have the speed. I struggled with the car, most of my laps were 2:01 or slower. After the pit stop I started to go faster (1:59.3xx?) but it was already too late to catch up with p3.
I managed to survive a dive bomb(?) right after the start from one of the 911s, but in the second lap the Mustang collided with me. I chased him down (the Mustang fast in straight line but the NSX faster in the corners) and he... quit or disconnected after a few laps.

Since the GT7 came out, my replays came out rubbish. Interlagos? The whole replay is only 47 seconds :S . This replay kills GT Sport when I try to jump between sectors. Strange.

@Kuraudo cheers mate.

Yeh was a fun race as always. Just manage to grab pole on the last attempt (the reverse of loosing it last time out). I noticed again your mega qualy lap. You only need that one in the session! 😁

Got into a nice rhythm early on keeping @Raptor013 and the Merc? a few seconds back.

After my pit I was desperate for the fastest lap (as I think the title could well come down to 1 point!) but by doing so took to much life out of my Michelins.

The finish was so close I was really just hanging on. Thanks @Raptor013 for your professional racing as always.

Next round is Tokyo in the wet I believe..... I think I'm gonna suck 🤣

Last edited:
Man what a race.

Qualifying could have gone a lot better for me. I simply couldn't get a rhythm over an entire lap to set something competitive.

The race itself was eventful for the opening lap. I saw the late braking Porsche coming from behind and narrowly avoid hitting @Kuraudo into turn 1. After that it was a matter of finding a clean run past him to start the hunt for the @paoloevans.

The Mercedes in second was certainly on the pace (considering he mentioned having a broken hand post race). And it was a mistake when he ran wide at the bottom of the track that allowed me past.

The pit stop was interesting as I thought I would be able to close the gap a fraction needing less fuel than the Ferrari (and even short fueled the car slightly). As you mentioned @paoloevans I went for the Fastest Lap point also as this season is going to be very close between us. But when I saw you post the 58.1, I knew I didn't have enough speed to better that.

Not sure if you noticed, but you almost copped a nudge into Turn 1 on lap 18 (there would've been at most a layer of paint in it), given the Lancer is so much stronger under brakes than the 458.

The final lap was intense. I was really hoping to be under your rear wing down the back straight to set-up a late move into the chicane, but it wasn't to be. And the Ferrari does have the edge on acceleration, but that run to the line was sure fun.

And yes it's Tokyo Expressway at night in the rain next month.

Man what a race.

Qualifying could have gone a lot better for me. I simply couldn't get a rhythm over an entire lap to set something competitive.

The race itself was eventful for the opening lap. I saw the late braking Porsche coming from behind and narrowly avoid hitting @Kuraudo into turn 1. After that it was a matter of finding a clean run past him to start the hunt for the @paoloevans.

The Mercedes in second was certainly on the pace (considering he mentioned having a broken hand post race). And it was a mistake when he ran wide at the bottom of the track that allowed me past.

The pit stop was interesting as I thought I would be able to close the gap a fraction needing less fuel than the Ferrari (and even short fueled the car slightly). As you mentioned @paoloevans I went for the Fastest Lap point also as this season is going to be very close between us. But when I saw you post the 58.1, I knew I didn't have enough speed to better that.

Not sure if you noticed, but you almost copped a nudge into Turn 1 on lap 18 (there would've been at most a layer of paint in it), given the Lancer is so much stronger under brakes than the 458.

The final lap was intense. I was really hoping to be under your rear wing down the back straight to set-up a late move into the chicane, but it wasn't to be. And the Ferrari does have the edge on acceleration, but that run to the line was sure fun.

And yes it's Tokyo Expressway at night in the rain next month.

Yes I do remember the Lap 18 turn 1!

Amazing stuff!

Race Results from Nurburgring.

Screenshot 2022-06-18 164322.jpg

Points are also updated on the first page.

That very last (race winning) corner was very chaotic :D .
For sure. 1 thing the Evo has in spades over the rest of the field is the ability to out brake everything. If it had a better rate of acceleration when BoP is applied it would be the ideal car despite its poor top speed.

Congratulations guys - I saw a few switches for the lead :) - and sorry for my "pace". My Friday was a terrible mess so I was also a terrible mess.

Fun fact: the NSX is a rocket in the straight line. Using no TC (that means a very funny last hairpin and acceleration before the long straight) but still I had a few purple first sectors and mostly I was only behind 0.1-0.2 in the second sector... After that, +4-5 sec :D .

@Raptor013 I just saw the Syndey flood in the news. I hope everything is OK with you!

Last edited:
Congratulations guys - I saw a few switches for the lead :) - and sorry for my "pace". My Friday was a terrible mess so I was also a terrible mess.

Fun fact: the NSX is a rocket in the straight line. Using no TC (that means a very funny last hairpin and acceleration before the long straight) but still I had a few purple first sectors and mostly I was only behind 0.1-0.2 in the second sector... After that, +4-5 sec :D .

@Raptor013 I just saw the Syndey flood in the news. I hope everything is OK with you!
@Kuraudo yeah mate. Floods are a good 30 minutes away from where I live. And the area I'm in is one of the higher parts of Sydney, so flooding isn't a major concern for me. Although that said the amount of rain where are getting at the moment, it'll take a while before the flood levels drop.

Results for the Tokyo round are now available.

The points have also been updated and reflect the conversation we had in the private chat.

Screenshot 2022-07-11 211818.jpg

Looking forward to Brands Hatch in 2 weeks time. Just remember its the Gr.4 cars for the next meeting.

I have edited this message.

Originally I posted that my PS4 has died and that I was withdrawing from the series😔

However as it happens I now have a PS5 on the way and it should arrive before Fridays event so happy days, I am now in the PS5 club!

Paul

Last edited:
I have edited this message.

Originally I posted that my PS4 has died and that I was withdrawing from the series😔

However as it happens I now have a PS5 on the way and it should arrive before Fridays event so happy days, I am now in the PS5 club!

Paul
Nice one. Let me know if it doesn't arrive in time, as I'm happy to move the race weekend back so you can join us.

Nice one. Let me know if it doesn't arrive in time, as I'm happy to move the race weekend back so you can join us.
@Raptor013

It's all good. It is here mate. However I am getting used to the new joypad with this trigger resistance when braking/accelerating and man its different. I reckon I'm a few seconds off my pace at the moment 😟

So yeh still got a long way to go before I'm up to speed!

Last edited:
All good. I've heard that the force feedback in the controller was something else for gt7 with one of the guys I race with in another league comparing it to the feel of being on a wheel and pedals setup.

All good. I've heard that the force feedback in the controller was something else for gt7 with one of the guys I race with in another league comparing it to the feel of being on a wheel and pedals setup.
It really is quite amazing. Its like nothing I've experienced in a racing game before (I've always used controllers).

By next season I hope to be on the pace 👍

It really is quite amazing. Its like nothing I've experienced in a racing game before (I've always used controllers).

By next season I hope to be on the pace 👍
How are you going with getting the Ferrari under control in GT7? I tried it the other week with its BoP tune and its simply awful to drive.

Back