2022 GT Planet World GT Challenge (Round 7: September 9th - Blue Moon Bay)

• Thread starter Raptor013
  • 123 comments
How are you going with getting the Ferrari under control in GT7? I tried it the other week with its BoP tune and its simply awful to drive.
I'm working on it. I was getting used to it before ps4 died. Now practicing with the PS5. It no longer wants to kill me every corner. I can get steady and consistent lap times (ie I don't go off track all the time) but I'm still working on pace.....

Still I've got a cracking black and orange livery I "adapted" so she looks fine! 😁

Last edited:
I'm working on it. I was getting used to it before ps4 died. Now practicing with the PS5. It no longer wants to kill me every corner. I can get steady and consistent lap times (ie I don't go off track all the time) but I'm still working on pace.....

Still I've got a cracking black and orange livery I "adapted" so she looks fine! 😁
Good to hear. I was thinking of making the GT7 league open for tuning with a Performance Points limit when we do make the move away from Sport.

We could run a couple of practice sessions between now and then, so everyone has a chance to get a decent workable tune for their cars.

Good to hear. I was thinking of making the GT7 league open for tuning with a Performance Points limit when we do make the move away from Sport.

We could run a couple of practice sessions between now and then, so everyone has a chance to get a decent workable tune for their cars.
Sounds like the best way to me. I really look forward to it. Hope @Kuraudo is able to get a copy of GT7 for next season 🤪☺️

Ok so just did a few practice laps back on GT Sport for tonight's event and there is no force feedback at all on the controller so it's as you were! I have no excuse at being off the pace 😀

Last edited:
Thank you for the race guys and congratulations for the wins!
OMG I was slow from the line :D . The Gr.4 NSX has a very-very long 1st gear => 99 km/h! The Graham Hill Bend tried to kill me every single lap, sometimes I looked like I'm in a drift movie :) . Still a very tricky and unforgiving track.

Thank you for the race guys and congratulations for the wins!
OMG I was slow from the line :D . The Gr.4 NSX has a very-very long 1st gear => 99 km/h! The Graham Hill Bend tried to kill me every single lap, sometimes I looked like I'm in a drift movie :) . Still a very tricky and unforgiving track.

Yeh was 2 really fun races 😁

Brands is a really old school circuit and can be unforgiving. All of us made mistakes in those 2 races.

Last edited:
Yeh was 2 really fun races 😁

Brands is a really old school circuit and can ve unforgiving. All of us made mistakes in those 2 races.
Yeah, Turn 1 got me in Race 1. Wasn't focused on what I was doing, next moment i'm in the gravel and going sideways.

Only real hair raising moment in Race 2 was the start, when I had to make a late move to avoid the guest driver who didn't move off the line. It certainly got the adrenaline pumping.

Attached are the results from both Super Sprint races.

Screenshot 2022-08-06 230315.jpg

Last edited:
Here's the bonnet camera angle from that Race 2 start. I opted to show all the data for this one. Gives you an idea of how busy I get on a typical race start making sure the car is configured correctly for the opening lap.

As promised, I've organized a schedule for our prep for GT7. The dates can be flexible if anyone is busy on those days so don't worry about missing a session.

It does mean we'll be online together every Friday night from the 19th onwards as we have Rounds 6 and 7 on the 19th August and 9th September respectively.

Screenshot 2022-08-06 232735.jpg

These sessions will run for as long on the day as everyone wants. We can throw in a couple of short sprints throughout the session as well meaning it won't be simply an open pit lane testing day.

And given GT7 has dynamic weather options we will be using them for every track. From memory only High Speed Ring and Nurburgring have rain as an option for the listed tracks and those sessions will make use of the rain.

Event Settings will be as follows:
Tyres: x4
Fuel: x3
BoP: On
Tuning: Allowed
Required Tyres: Racing Medium / Intermediate / Heavy Wet
Performance Points: 780

Hopefully these settings will allow us all to come up with a drivable set-up for our cars that will also provide close racing throughout the classes, it might even help close the performance gaps between the classes so everyone has a realistic chance to challenge for outright results.

Of course these event settings are only preliminary and can be adjusted to suit based on what we find over the test events.

Here's the bonnet camera angle from that Race 2 start. I opted to show all the data for this one. Gives you an idea of how busy I get on a typical race start making sure the car is configured correctly for the opening lap.

That start (and first corner) was 10/10. Good launch and you had to avoid the Huracan too.

The calendar looks solid. I hope we could find a few new/old players to race with us. I think racing in GTS is still great (and stable!), but a lot of players moved to GT7.

Last week I also made something... I try to post here today :) .

As promised, I've organized a schedule for our prep for GT7. The dates can be flexible if anyone is busy on those days so don't worry about missing a session.

It does mean we'll be online together every Friday night from the 19th onwards as we have Rounds 6 and 7 on the 19th August and 9th September respectively.

View attachment 1181132

These sessions will run for as long on the day as everyone wants. We can throw in a couple of short sprints throughout the session as well meaning it won't be simply an open pit lane testing day.

And given GT7 has dynamic weather options we will be using them for every track. From memory only High Speed Ring and Nurburgring have rain as an option for the listed tracks and those sessions will make use of the rain.

Event Settings will be as follows:
Tyres: x4
Fuel: x3
BoP: On
Tuning: Allowed
Required Tyres: Racing Medium / Intermediate / Heavy Wet
Performance Points: 780

Hopefully these settings will allow us all to come up with a drivable set-up for our cars that will also provide close racing throughout the classes, it might even help close the performance gaps between the classes so everyone has a realistic chance to challenge for outright results.

Of course these event settings are only preliminary and can be adjusted to suit based on what we find over the test events.

This sounds brilliant. Well done Raptor, can't wait 👍

That start (and first corner) was 10/10. Good launch and you had to avoid the Huracan too.

The calendar looks solid. I hope we could find a few new/old players to race with us. I think racing in GTS is still great (and stable!), but a lot of players moved to GT7.

Last week I also made something... I try to post here today :) .

@Kuraudo mate what is it you made?!!! 🙂🤪

I was thinking, this series is a really long one (thank you @paoloevans & @Raptor013 ! ), we could make it a little bit more of ours - I hope I didn't butchered the English language with this one - with a custom number/pro/am plate. A found a futuristic but I think cool font and I made a few versions. This one was the first, with strange (stupid?) colors but I think looks better in just black & white. But this is just an idea - I like the real GTWC liveries too :) .

It would be very nice if we could have a bigger or even full grid of cars - like in the old days - in GT7, maybe even teams - racers with same cars and liveries. That would be awesome!

Yeah, our own series number plates for the classes would be a fantastic addition to the series. I know that I'm not talented enough to get even the most basic of decal to be able to work in GT (I have a ton of things I want to do, but need the time to learn how to create the SVG files to work)

Yeah, our own series number plates for the classes would be a fantastic addition to the series. I know that I'm not talented enough to get even the most basic of decal to be able to work in GT (I have a ton of things I want to do, but need the time to learn how to create the SVG files to work)
Yeh I'm hopeless also.

I'm always up for making the series unique 👍

I upload the (beta) black & white version of the almost same number plate after work :) . And of course we can alter anything - font, style, colors :) .

I like it very much if a series has its own style. Unified (I hope this is the right word for it) yet free for different styles. For example everybody uses the same number plate (as we do now), but we could have different tire manufacturers (as we do now). I know the pain, when you have a super cool livery, and the mandatory tire makes it look... meh.
There are real life series too with two or more tire suppliers :) .

I upload the (beta) black & white version of the almost same number plate after work :) . And of course we can alter anything - font, style, colors :) .

I like it very much if a series has its own style. Unified (I hope this is the right word for it) yet free for different styles. For example everybody uses the same number plate (as we do now), but we could have different tire manufacturers (as we do now). I know the pain, when you have a super cool livery, and the mandatory tire makes it look... meh.
There are real life series too with two or more tire suppliers :) .
Awesome Dex. I'll download tonight and add to my livery ready for the test days 😁👍

@Raptor013 are we carrying on with a Super Sprint round for next season as I currently don't have a Gr.4 livery on GT7 so don't know whether to do one or not.

Last edited:
Looks classy 😁

Will download now 👍

Edit: can't see the decals yet Dex?
Unfortunately right now it's just a big "puzzle" :( . A big white (circled) white square + a bigger black (circled) square + a black line + the gtplanet logo + the text. It's just a very beta/idea level thing right now.
But I can share the "text" files, so you can copy the same thing or come up with any new ideas until the stuff became a real, full svg number plate :) .

Click :) .

Last edited:
Awesome Dex. I'll download tonight and add to my livery ready for the test days 😁👍

@Raptor013 are we carrying on with a Super Sprint round for next season as I currently don't have a Gr.4 livery on GT7 so don't know whether to do one or not.
Not for season 1. Given we will be tuning the cars which is something new for the series I don't want to over complicate the series by having the GR.4 cars as well.

They will feature again though.

I was also thinking of running an oval Sprint at Daytona with no stops. Could give everyone a decent shot at a race win given it will be a drafting race.

Not for season 1. Given we will be tuning the cars which is something new for the series I don't want to over complicate the series by having the GR.4 cars as well.

They will feature again though.

I was also thinking of running an oval Sprint at Daytona with no stops. Could give everyone a decent shot at a race win given it will be a drafting race.
👍

Oval race sounds interesting.

Last edited:
Back