2022 GT Planet World GT Challenge (Round 7: September 9th - Blue Moon Bay)

• Thread starter Raptor013
  • 123 comments
My test mule for the GT7 Open Pitlane sessions.

Might throw a sponsor or two on at some point, but this is a good starting point for a livery.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220812200002.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220812200015.jpg

Thanks. I was planning on using Pirelli rather than Firestone however they didn't transfer the tyre stickers over from GT Sport (guessing its a licensing thing) for GT7.
Yeh I noticed that. The Ferrari has them as the default tyres but I may run Michelin or Goodyear's....

20830011923635579.jpg
20830144040277314.jpg
20830196474679711.jpg
20829908630444987.jpg
20829318696988761.jpg

AF Corse Car Launch for the new GTWC GT7 Season and Pre Season test schedule.

Return of the number 37 and a switch to Goodyear rubber.

This is more or less the full livery for the new campaign. The number plate/styling will change once the season starts depending on series regulations and driver classing.

Can't wait lads 😁

All good. You can bring as many Gr.3 cars to the Pre-Season events as you want so you can get a feel for them on track. You don't have to make a final choice until the season officially starts.
Oh! Awesome!
Probably after 3 or 4 seasons I have to change the Honda :( . The MR cars feel little strange - except the 911, that car is amazing. 9 times out of 10 I have no problem with the NSX, but that 1 time is a complete game over spin or I have to make a gigantic save with a more gigantic time loss.

Oh! Awesome!
Probably after 3 or 4 seasons I have to change the Honda :( . The MR cars feel little strange - except the 911, that car is amazing. 9 times out of 10 I have no problem with the NSX, but that 1 time is a complete game over spin or I have to make a gigantic save with a more gigantic time loss.
I'm intrigued with what you'll end up in Dex 😁 Is a return of the Viper on the cards?

Last edited:
The Jaguar is a great car. My go to for Manufacturers Cup.
Yes :) . I love it too. Looks beautiful and sounds awesome. I think the brakes are not the strongest points of the car in GT7, but otherwise a great car.
8584524999087391768_0.jpg

The Viper is just the greatest and coolest car ever :D . The 911 is a dream to drive - it's like a train, no surprises on the track. The NSX... I don't know. I just love it :confused:.

Yes :) . I love it too. Looks beautiful and sounds awesome. I think the brakes are not the strongest points of the car in GT7, but otherwise a great car.
8584524999087391768_0.jpg

The Viper is just the greatest and coolest car ever :D . The 911 is a dream to drive - it's like a train, no surprises on the track. The NSX... I don't know. I just love it :confused:.
The Viper and Jag are a couple of the few Gr.3 cars I drove in GT Sport other than the Ferrari. I must say the Jaguar did give me mega confidence whilst at the wheel.

When I first bought GT Sport I actually clocked up a lot of miles in the Evo and won my first 5 or 6 daily races in it 😁

It's at the point now though where it just feels "wrong" to drive anything other than something from Marenello for me. Let's hope we get the 296 at some point!

Love the photo Dex. I still remember that race 👍🤪

Really looking forward to running with you both at these pre season tests. Desperate to know where I am on pace.

:D
Offline: Genesis, 650s, Viper, F-Type, NSX. AMG GT & SLS + Toyota FT-1 a few times.
Sport Mode: Genesis, Viper (1 win), F-Type Gr.4 (1 win)
(((Both of my wins were the classic "everybody crashes out in front of me..." )))
GT Planet races: Viper, F-Type, NSX

Love the photo Dex. I still remember that race 👍🤪
Fuji Speedway :) . Yep, it was a great race ;) .

About the pace. I know where my pace is 🤣.

Last edited:
It was a tough race last night. Tough for me as I had no pace compared to @Raptor013 and the random Corvette. I dont know whether its beacause Ive only been playing on GT7 and had no practice on GT Sport prior to the race or I was genuinely that off the leaders. (I didn't really make any massive mistakes).

It seemed like maybe @Kuraudo the same problems maybe? Sorry to see you have a tough one also mate.

Looks like my slim Championship hopes have now evaporated. Well driven Raptor.

Looking forward to a fresh start next Friday with the pre season testing on GT7.

It took me a couple of laps in Qualifying to re-adjust to the GT Sport physics (the steering is a lot tighter than in GT7), but once I found a groove I was fine.

The Lancer had some surprisingly great pace, I rarely hit the 2:19's at Spa in any GT3 spec car, but managed it in the race (Pretty certain I was faster over a race lap than in Qualifying).

I did notice that @Kuraudo appeared to be doing some circle work during the race at Campus before his lengthy pit stop. So possibly some hardware failure (controller or wheel), or something else came up. Hopefully nothing serious, but either way he was able to claim the Class win.

As for the German. He was a great clean driver, certainly a Pro-Class based on his speed, as I think he was only running at about 80% of his actual pace in the race, given how I was unable to drive him down over the last laps and the manner in which he simply drove away from me. He had plenty of speed in reserve. That said, it was great to have someone new to race with.

As for the title challenge. You're still in the hunt @paoloevans, Bluee Moon Bay is not one of my stronger circuits.

Hi Guys. Congratulations for the win @Raptor013 !
I know the NSX has great top end and Spa has a ton of straights but I was so off the pace I didn't see you guys after the green ligths. I think my best lap was maybe a 22.xxx and I was all over the place. I mean my head was all over the place. I couldn't concentrate I was completely somewhere else and in lap 4(?) eventually I spun - the first big one after I don't know how many seasons. I touched the barrier and after that I just floored the gas about a minute(?) and after that I went to the pit to die :( . It wasn't my most mature moment. I'm sorry :( .

GTS (NSX) vs GT7 (NSX): yes, the steering is tighter, twitchier in GTS but not so sensitive for the lift offs. Also I think the tires have more grip in GT7 which sounds strange. Or possibly the GT7 NSX (or cars in general?) has better corner exiting speed or traction.

• The pre-season will has its own topic in the GT7 forum?
  • There is a chance that I can recruit a racer for the next season but obviously wee need more racers to fill the grid.

Hi Guys. Congratulations for the win @Raptor013 !
I know the NSX has great top end and Spa has a ton of straights but I was so off the pace I didn't see you guys after the green ligths. I think my best lap was maybe a 22.xxx and I was all over the place. I mean my head was all over the place. I couldn't concentrate I was completely somewhere else and in lap 4(?) eventually I spun - the first big one after I don't know how many seasons. I touched the barrier and after that I just floored the gas about a minute(?) and after that I went to the pit to die :( . It wasn't my most mature moment. I'm sorry :( .

GTS (NSX) vs GT7 (NSX): yes, the steering is tighter, twitchier in GTS but not so sensitive for the lift offs. Also I think the tires have more grip in GT7 which sounds strange. Or possibly the GT7 NSX (or cars in general?) has better corner exiting speed or traction.

• The pre-season will has its own topic in the GT7 forum?
  • There is a chance that I can recruit a racer for the next season but obviously wee need more racers to fill the grid.
These moments happen mate. I've had them where I've simply waited out the race in the pit lane until the leader crossed to finish.
And yes, I'll be creating a sign-up thread in the GT7 section which will cover the Pre-Season and 1st season on the new platform.

This will actually be my final race on GT Sport (I will be uninstalling it post race!)

For tonight's event I will be running my Gentlemen's Cup Championship winning livery from the Sprint Cup Season 2 (I think it was Season 2 😬🤣)

@Raptor013 I will change the number to 51 as that's my number for this Season.

20200207_223941.jpg
20200207_223929.jpg

This game has been a blast and I've had so much fun and have plenty of great memories whilst racing with @Kuraudo @Raptor013 and many others.

Thanks all 👍

Last edited:
Back