2023 Nissan Z - 400hp, 6MT/9AT, $40k USD

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 703 comments
https://www.carscoops.com/2021/01/p...t-office-and-its-nearly-identical-to-concept/

2022-Nissan-Z-1.jpg

2022-Nissan-Z-2.jpg

2022-Nissan-Z-5.jpg

AS soon as i saw this car/prototype.... i know it's going to be an instant classic/success...

Dare i say the Best Z there ever was...

It's a pretty clean shape but they've really fussed-up the lower trim all the way around the car. The 350z was so crisp and clean. What is all that crap around the exhaust tips on the new car? And it has the same fang protrusions as the 370z? Come on....

It's a pretty clean shape but they've really fussed-up the lower trim all the way around the car. The 350z was so crisp and clean. What is all that crap around the exhaust tips on the new car? And it has the same fang protrusions as the 370z? Come on....
I assume the parts along the side and rear will be blacked out and you won't noticed them much.

Hmmm, Gran Turismo?
It's definitely not Forza - way too much detail inside the blinkers. Also, all of those Zs have appeared in previous titles, including the anniversary 350Z. And is that track a suggestion of Autumn Ring?

I don't think we should be surprised. Nissan accidentally made a second engine with the VR30DDTT and had to find something to put it in.

Drift Spirits will be the first game to feature the Z Proto:

You just reminded me, does anybody else remember how GT (was it GT3?) Made us deal with the Z Concept for three years while we were watching actual 350Zs drive around town? That was annoying. I personally don't like driving protoypes, I want the real cars available. I'm wondering if the production version will make it into GT7 at launch.

Drift Spirits will be the first game to feature the Z Proto:

I wish that arcade experience could be ported to PSN/XBL. I've just gone onto their Twitter page and the screenshots make it look like a love letter to arcade racing and JDM.

Looks pretty good to me. I really want to see one in person as I believe the 370z looks a lot nicer and more compact in person vs pictures. Hopefully the new car will pull the same trick.

I dug it when it first appeared. I knew it would look cool.
Wonder how many Supra owners will trade for the Z.

Again, Mazda really need to come out with the RX-V and Honda with that S2000 replacement.

I dug it when it first appeared. I knew it would look cool.
Wonder how many Supra owners will trade for the Z.

Again, Mazda really need to come out with the RX-V and Honda with that S2000 replacement.

I don't think we can realistically expect too many new sports cars, particularly at this price point, ever again. I'm really hoping Toyota gives us one last MR2 as a kind of swan song, but beyond this new Z and the refreshed 86...I'm kinda seeing the sports car sunset.

Last edited:
I don't think we can realistically expect too many new sports cars, particularly at this price point, ever again. I'm really hoping Toyota gives us one last MR2 as a kind of swan song, but beyond this new Z and the refreshed 86...I'm kinda seeing the sports car sunset.
We are truly in the dying moments of the good old days. I believe multiple manufacturers will go all out with special editions before the end of internal combustion.

Personally hoping for a WRX STI Version R.

Maybe Honda were too ambitious(aggressive?) with the NSX. That was nearly catapulting it past the GT-R and trying to get it up to Lamborghini territory. Toning it down for a CTR-powered-hybrid thingy sports car, doesn't seem too farfetched. I get the feeling we might not see low priced sports cars from Honda, but maybe with Mazda.

I know Mazda are small and the market is dying down. Maybe if this Mazda/Toyota deal, with the six-cylinder 4-door sports sedan, ever comes to fruition, could make a case for a next RX-V. Maybe even a coupe to go head to head with M4/RC F. Mazda still banking on the MX-5, but with them having moved upscale, an RX-? or MX-6(?) fills in that high performance Mazda sports car void.

I'm digging those taillights, not massive and overdone like many cars these days, but rather subtle and retro and I'm assuming will take advantage of LEDS to have some sort of cool design for the lighting.

Back