2023 Nissan Z - 400hp, 6MT/9AT, $40k USD

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 703 comments
RX is rotary only though.
Rotary hybrid. It deserves to live!

I'm really happy they brightened up the grille insert, that mostly solves the giant black square problem. I still don't love the shape...frankly I think the 240's grille design was lazy and crap and not worthy of reminiscing. Now if they were reimagining the Z-G's nose then that would be different because that was a damn pretty car. The regular 240's nose was atrocious.

So I guess what I'm saying is I still hate the front of this thing but I hate it less.

Last edited:
Unofficial, of course.

http://autoblog.com/2021/03/25/nissan-z-car-400z-details/

Screenshot_20210325-161800.png

Last edited:
Well, if you can have it with that blue and the yellow exterior, colour me interested.

Last shade of blue interior like that was the E46 M3 when they offered LSB leather.

Maybe they'll bring back that orange leather from the 350Z. I'd rather a nice cloth interior. Bring these back or a pattern like it:
images - 2021-04-07T062506.447.jpeg

https://www.motor1.com/news/499248/2022-nissan-z-blue-interior/

Someone better call Nissan and tell them that interiors that aren't black aren't allowed anymore unless it's a Porsche. Do they think it's 1988 or something?

I actually love blue interiors. And I own a car with a red interior (though your caveat holds in that case).

However. Not that blue. I actually really love the Suzuka Blue interior offered on the Honda S2000 - I almost actually bought one.

Suzuka-Blue-Honda-S2000-23.jpeg

and I like the Yachting blue interior Porsche offers
IMG_4509.jpg

Even the Corvettes pull it off, IMO
2016-Chevrolet-CorvetteZ06-TwilightBlue-014-copy.jpg

But the electric cobalt blue Z interior?....please no.

Last edited:
Welp. I can say those were taken where I work. But I certainly did not take them. I hear it was a 3rd party of which I am sure won't be invited back...

That's not my ideal blue but I'll still have it. I love blue interiors. Mediterranean blues like the S2000 and Porsche are much better than the Smurfs :lol:

As Oskierox said, that's Mansory's doing, not Lamborghini's.

And something like that would only be done by Lamborghini through the Ad Personam program which reflects more on the owner's lack of taste than the manufacturer.

As Oskierox said, that's Mansory's doing, not Lamborghini's.

And something like that would only be done by Lamborghini through the Ad Personam program which reflects more on the owner's lack of taste than the manufacturer.
But they would do it, unlike Ferrari which censors owners wishes. Lamborghini is fine with people driving ridiculous Lambos. They want their cars to be insane, basically as a big tasteless middle finger to Ferrari.

Last edited:
But they would do it, unlike Ferrari which censors owners wishes. Lamborghini is fine with people driving ridiculous Lambos. They want their cars to be insane, basically as a big tasteless middle finger to Ferrari.
Ferrari will let you be just as gaudy. Their Tailor Made program works just like the Ad Personam; if you're willing to chuck a boat load of money over MSRP, they'll happily take your money. It's your car and your resell value you have to live with.
908c584b8c0e76698589551f832da3cef6120bec.jpg

41a849bb-ferrari-california-t-tailor-made-4.jpg

JX3C2768.jpg

Edit* If you need further display of what Ferrari & other manufacturers will do for the right amount of money, look up Michael Fux's creations.

Last edited:
I finally understand how it feels if a certain car, in this case, the Nissan isn't coming to Europe. :ouch:

Is the thread title any truth to the reports, the name will just be " Nissan Z"?
No, that's just a colloquial term. It's expected to be called 400Z but we don't know for sure yet.

I don't think Nissan would hold themselves to precedent so it's almost irrelevant...but has any turbo Z not also had the X suffix?

We still don't know for sure. Apparently that Motoring.com article is only two days old and I haven't seen that news anywhere else. I personally would prefer 400Z. It's also possible they use a different name depending on where its sold like Toyota has done with the 86.
Japan will remain Fairlady Z, all else just Z.

Back