2023 Nissan Z - 400hp, 6MT/9AT, $40k USD

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 703 comments
$35k base is ridiculously cheap for the capability. Under cuts the Supra by about $10k? And it has manual option AND its not a shared chassis car.

Shared with the past.

giphy.gif

(Actually being serious, the FM platform is in wide circulation within the Nissan universe)

Last edited:
I just dig it. Z, MX-5, GRBRZ rwd manuals. I doubt Honda will add a rwd manual sports car, being the CTR does it all for now.

Anyway, still glad Nissan are bringing the Z to select markets.

Did someone say Z? :sly:

Nissan+400Z+Side+Logo.jpg

Hopefully it drives as well, as it priced...still baffled why they won't let it into Europe?

Last edited:
ZEE
Hopefully it drives as well, as it priced...still baffled why they won't let it into Europe?

Most likely due to the emissions regulations here. Every car manufacturer must achieve a co2 fleet average of 95g/km, so high-polluting vehicles can be counter-balanced by zero-emission vehicles. As it currently stands, Nissan probably doesn't shift enough zero/low emission vehicles to justify selling the Z in Europe (as for the GT-R, that's a relatively low volume vehicle).

All we can do is hope the Ariya sells like hotcakes and Nissan can change their mind about selling the Z here.

Most likely due to the emissions regulations here. Every car manufacturer must achieve a co2 fleet average of 95g/km, so high-polluting vehicles can be counter-balanced by zero-emission vehicles. As it currently stands, Nissan probably doesn't shift enough zero/low emission vehicles to justify selling the Z in Europe (as for the GT-R, that's a relatively low volume vehicle).

All we can do is hope the Ariya sells like hotcakes and Nissan can change their mind about selling the Z here.

I also question whether it would pass EU pedestrian safety standards.

In the words of Matt Leblanc in Top Gear, "It's Jay Zee, not Jay Zed." :P

Weirdly enough in most conversations I pronounce it Zee, but in the alphabet song I always end with X, Y and Zed. Anyone else switch between the 2 for no reason at all? :lol:

Last edited:
I say, 'Z'. Really though... People from England were speaking English before English settled in America and continued to speak English and turning it into American English. If the Japanese automaker of the Fairlady Z, pronounce their car, "Z" or "Zed", that's what it is. Whether or not Japanese use the letter Z sound or think that z symbol just looks cool.

Should I be calling a Caterham: Ca-ter- ham? Or am I going to say Katetrum or Katetrum or Katetremm?

Oh, before I forget the: :sly:

British people put "s" into a bunch of words that should (as god intended) have "z" in them. I realise I should apologise for disturbing your cosy assumption that the Z should be a Zed. But, surprise according to the British apparent hatred for "z", it should be characterised as the Nissan S.

Last edited:
That's settled then.

British people put "s" into a bunch of words that should (as god intended) have "z" in them. I realise I should apologise for disturbing your cosy assumption that the Z should be a Zed. But, surprise according to the British apparent hatred for "z", it should be characterised as the Nissan S.
Realice. Apologice. Surprice. Charactericed. That's how I would pronounce these words with an S. Maybe one day the Brits will have stopt putting a T at the end of everything as well.

Last edited:
Back