2023 Nissan Z - 400hp, 6MT/9AT, $40k USD

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 703 comments
You're probably thinking of a Nissan-badged Eclipse Cross with a high performance, aren't you?
Can you blame me?
Its the new thing.
A mock up found on google.
nissan-z-suv-news-20121022_0005.jpg

It won't be.
One can only hope

See the edit.

That is what I kinda expect to see.
Yeah but more or less, that design is also similar to the concept of the Eclipse Cross shown before it was released. If they put the Z name on it, then that would be a big coincidence somehow.

For someone that seemingly doesn't want it to be an SUV you seem to be doing an awful lot of wishing. :odd:

I’d love it if they’d go back to the sleek, low 300ZX styling, as shown above. I used to have one and it was just a joy to drive. No traction control or anything like that, just a well-designed, well-balanced RWD car. Friend of mine had the turbo, with four-wheel steering. Those were much closer to being true sports cars than subsequent models.

Considering the Z platform is not, nor ever has been used for any SUV, not sure how you expect it.
lolwut. There was an SUV on the same platform as the 350z within a year of the 350z coming out, nevermind the other one that came a couple years later; and I'd be surprised if you could find a review when it was new that didn't mention it. Even if "of course it will be an SUV" is Jalopnik-comment-section level of annoying, it isn't as if it was a secret how far the Skyline's bones spread throughout Nissan's model range.

Last edited:
:lol:

For a second, I forgot why this conversation sounded familiar. It absolutely was not a secret how many cars the Skyline/350z platform ended up underpinning. Again, virtually every FX review when the thing was new mentioned it.
Not my fault you have trouble letting things go. Not sure why I haven't blocked you by now.

With that said, I'm sure the similarities between the chassis under the 350Z and the FX are very few.

Wow, so Nissan does actually have the ability to update a car then. Assuming this hits as a '22 model year that would make the current 370Z 13 model years old.

I'm not sure it's fair to say its retro based off that image. The silhouette is Z-car like, for sure. But so was the 370z and I don't think many people called that retro. I like what I see so far. Rear haunches have an almost F-Type athleticism, a great improvement over the 370z flabby rear jowls! It also looks compact, which was my biggest complaint with the 370z. Just give it a nice interior (latest Nissans give me hope that it will be), some good powertrains, and I'll be interested.

Nissan has a chance to upstage the Supra here I think, owing to that car's shaky reception.

Back