2023 Nissan Z - 400hp, 6MT/9AT, $40k USD

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 703 comments
It seems to be making the rounds. Hoping that includes the test center here in AZ...

Edit:

Screenshot_20201028-105538.png

Last edited:
Looks like Larry Chen got invited to take photos of the Z.

Ever since he departed from Speedhunters in 2018, I have no idea where he's been posting full size images so I think this is the best we can get

The grill/front look awful. Maybe it will look better in person, but it looks terrible in pictures.

Last edited:
I think the problem with the grille is that the detail inside it gets lost in dark photos so all we see is a big black rectangle, making it look like a big empty space. I wonder how it would look in some proper lighting that highlights those details.

I don't mind the look overall but I'm also not a fan of the front grille. My friend has a 370Z, I wonder if he'll feel dirty about not having the new turbo engine.:P

Something strange has happened. I'm starting to like this new Nissan. Too bad it is not coming to Europe. Maybe an electric version will? :P

Last edited:
Am I the only one who actually loves the grille? It’s quite a change from everything else these days.

Last edited:
A lot of cars have huge grille's these days, *cough*Toyota*cough* so it's not far from the norm.
I didn’t say that it wasn’t large. It is for sure but I meant the general shape and design as a whole. It’s simple. And the front is definitely different as a whole. So many cars now have multiple intakes/vents on the front now (or imitation ones) and you rarely see one with the grille and grille only these days.
It’s good to see a car with a one-piece grille. It gives the front a cleaner, more straight forward look in my opinion and definitely helps the nostalgic look Nissan was going for.

Last edited:
I'm cool with it too. It's the overall car I'm digging. Potential of race car(S). All the aftermarket parts, tuning, Best Motoring/Hot Version videos. ;)

How are people feeling about the design of the TFT cluster? I don't like it. Looks a little boring/uninspired to me. The 370z had a great cluster (well minus that abomination fuel gauge "thing") and this feels like a step back. I can appreciate them wanting to use a TFT...but c'mon, do something a little special with it. Lexus has done some cool stuff, and even Ford has done more compelling designs for their Mustang cluster.

zahldwlzki211.jpg

I'm of the mind that if you're gonna do a digital gauge, do something with it that you can't do with an analogue gauge. The Z31 had a cool digital cluster...if I recall correctly, "engine load" (probably just engine vacuum reading) determined the height of the vertical bars while they tracked from left to right with RPM, filling in the power curve graph. Would love to see manufacturers do a contemporary take on this tacho!

5de2324c8a6d03c3b7788a3d6109bc48.jpg

About the grill. The grill will probably not be too bad in person...at least from most angles. It's THIS view that makes it look bad.

3r8BTgM.jpg

Last edited:
I have a feeling there will be minor changes to the grill. Like adding a panel on the middle to make it look like the original Z.

I don't mind a digital screen, just put an analogue style tacho in the middle with digital speed numbers within the face and add whatever other info either side of it.

Just present a clear tacho, damn it.

Back