Orbital_Goat

Repco.png

Grid
Triple 8#97 Shane Van Gisbergen#88 Broc Feeney
Dick Johnson Racing#11 Anton De Pasquale#17 Will Davison
Tickford#5 James Courtney#6 Cameron Waters#55 Thomas Randle#56 Jake Kostecki
Walkinshaw Andretti United#2 Nick Percat#25 Chaz Mostert
Erebus#9 Will Brown#99 Brodie Kostecki
Brad Jones Racing#4 Jack Smith#8 Andre Heimgartner#14 Bryce Fullwood#96 Macualey Jones
Team 18#18 Mark Winterbottom#20 Scott Pye
Grove Racing#10 Lee Holdsworth#26 David Reynolds
Matt Stone Racing#34 Todd Hazelwood#35 Jack Le Brocq
PremiAir Racing#22 Chris Pither#76 Gary Jacobson

RoundDateVenue
1March 4-6Beaurepaires Sydney SuperNight, Sydney Motorsport Park, NSW
2March 26-27Tasmania SuperSprint, Symmons Plains International Raceway, TAS
3April 7-10Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix, Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit, VIC
4April 30-May 1Bunnings Trade Perth SuperNight, Wanneroo Raceway, WA
5May 21-22Winton SuperSprint, Winton Motor Raceway, VIC
6June 18-19Merlin Darwin Triple Crown, Hidden Valley Raceway, NT
7July 8-10NTI Townsville 500, Reid Park Street Circuit, QLD
8July 30-31The Bend Supersprint, Tailem Bend, SA
9August 19-21Penrite Sandown SuperSprint, Sandown International Motor Raceway, VIC
10September 10-11ITM Auckland SuperSprint, Pukekohe Park Raceway, NZ
11October 6-9Repco Bathurst 1000, Mount Panorama, NSW
12October 28-30Boost Mobile Gold Coast 500, Surfers Paradise Street Circuit, QLD
13November 18-20Beaurepaires Sydney Super600, Sydney Motorsport Park, NSW

Last edited:
I'll be seeing the Gen3 car demo laps on the foreshore, in March(depending how long I'm playing GT7) and hopefully, at the AGP in April(if those Omnicron numbers fall).

So, Phelps flipped Gen3 FormulaE for Gen3 Supercars. Alrighty then...
Holy crap. That is exactly what he has done. :lol:

Not that I was expecting them to join. But it's still disappointing to see an official statement. It was nice having a slight glimmer of hope while it lasted.

Last edited:
Yeah, would love to read his next look at me headline, "Shock move! Jaguar pulls Supercars backing to focus on Formula 1".

As much as I comment here, I must have missed the point of Gen3 mainly being a coupe body. I thought anything could fit on the chassis.

The ZB is coupe or fastback like. So, I'm not sure about what Seamer is saying/meaning.

Possibly a smidge of good news for us South Aussies, although a hell of a lot of ducks would have to align for the Adelaide 500 to reappear since our motorsport hating Liberal government has sold off all the track assets.

''currently, one of the 13 scheduled events is listed as TBC, for July 30-31.

Speedcafe.com understands The Bend Motorsport Park is the front-runner to score that spot.

But even that being the case, Supercars is understood to be keen to do whatever it takes to be back on Adelaide’s streets as soon as is possible, with the second half of 2022 by no means out of the question.

As it stands, there appears room for Adelaide to potentially be added at the very end of the year.''

Possibly a smidge of good news for us South Aussies, although a hell of a lot of ducks would have to align for the Adelaide 500 to reappear since our motorsport hating Liberal government has sold off all the track assets.

''currently, one of the 13 scheduled events is listed as TBC, for July 30-31.

Speedcafe.com understands The Bend Motorsport Park is the front-runner to score that spot.

But even that being the case, Supercars is understood to be keen to do whatever it takes to be back on Adelaide’s streets as soon as is possible, with the second half of 2022 by no means out of the question.

As it stands, there appears room for Adelaide to potentially be added at the very end of the year.''

I was showing my hype in the old one and realised that the new thread probably would've been made which it has. I hope this happens it was wrong to get rid of this event in the first place. I hope that it comes back. If not the middle of next year, at least the start of 23'.

Yeah, as much as I want to see Adelaide back on the calendar (it'd make an excellent season finale. Hell make it an endurance race as well). Not holding my breath though. As you've said the current government down there has done it's best to make sure it can't go ahead if/when they get voted out. :irked:

Yeah, as much as I want to see Adelaide back on the calendar (it'd make an excellent season finale. Hell make it an endurance race as well). Not holding my breath though. As you've said the current government down there has done it's best to make sure it can't go ahead if/when they get voted out. :irked:
I think they've done their best to get voted out by more than just the motorsport fans here, so there is that.

Just saying, I’d rather they take their time and bring it back 2023. Make sure everything aligns perfectly and it’ll be good with the new cars tasting tarmac, after the circuits’ hiatus.

As has been alluded to, the Liberal government’s sabotage will make organising a 2022 return extremely difficult. End of 2023 would be ideal if we want it done right.

If the Adelaide 500 does return, I hope it can be brought back to its former glory. The quality of the event seriously dropped by the mid-2010’s. While the 500 was still as good as ever (despite some format changes), everything else had declined. Support races were third rate at best. Like the Audi R8 LMS Cup, seriously? And off track became a complete joke. That whole thing with various precincts vaguely themed after world famous racetracks was hilariously bad.

Looks like Supercars will be on the look out for a new CEO with a couple of outlets reporting that Sean Seamer is expected to announce his resignation at some point today.

I know @FPV MIC especially will be heartbroken about this. :dopey:

Last edited:
As has been alluded to, the Liberal government’s sabotage will make organising a 2022 return extremely difficult. End of 2023 would be ideal if we want it done right.

If the Adelaide 500 does return, I hope it can be brought back to its former glory. The quality of the event seriously dropped by the mid-2010’s. While the 500 was still as good as ever (despite some format changes), everything else had declined. Support races were third rate at best. Like the Audi R8 LMS Cup, seriously? And off track became a complete joke. That whole thing with various precincts vaguely themed after world famous racetracks was hilariously bad.
Yeah i mean the real attraction for the last couple of years other than the V8's was really the stadium trucks and nothing else was memorable so they need to celebrate the return of the event in spectacular fashion. How about make it a night race. Oh i can dream about that.

Last edited:
I know comment sections are toxic, but there was not a single comment on that article that wasn’t in support of getting rid of him.

I know some of these corporate people are there just to be the face, but damn… at least appoint someone who likes cars. Someone that has the passion of Larko mixed with good business sense.

Paddle shift and auto blip might be abandoned for Gen3. Not due to feedback from fans and drivers but due to technical issues regarding the electronic actuator and the transaxle.

Last edited:
The Morse family could be about to make a tidy profit from a car they are yet to officially own. If Zak Brown wants it bad enough, I'd be asking whatever I could. :lol:

On this day 10 years ago we lost this great bloke and a true racer that left everything on the track.
images.jpeg-1.jpg

We miss you JR.

Last edited:
Glad I got to see him up close during his last superb drive at Albert Park and flinging the 962 around Eastern Creek, before he transitioned. Feels like yesterday.

This from Autosport:

“However, my first impression of the prototypes was that the cars could be headed to the Bathurst 6 Hour production car race rather than the Bathurst 1000. Or, and perhaps even worse, that these are Mustangs and Camaros that could be racing in any series, anywhere in the world. You couldn’t say that about any other Supercar from the V8 era.”

I am not really into the Supercars but write this because I came upon it.

Which one?? The only one that you can see these race in is NASCAR for me. Nothing in Europe. Other than the old Superstars Series.

That's a good thing. Australian touring cars were/are production cars. Mustang, Falcon, Monaro, Commodore, Mini, 635CSi, XJS, Celica, Corolla, etc.
Change to Australian V8 Supercars, the race cars looked exactly like the road cars. Just with big air dams and rear spoilers. AU to FG X.

The Mustang was the oddball in Gen2. That was the biggest mistake the series allowed.

Can't blame the series for running these two cars. Blame everyone that failed to keep buying Falcons and Commodores. Hey, it probably wouldn't be a problem to have kept running BF and VE cars. Plus, the S60, Altima and E63.

I’ll admit that I will miss the iconic Supercars look including the mean looking front bumpers and rear wing design but still the same time I feel like they had already lost their way somewhat. In recent years, with the addition of the Mustang and ZB Commodore, they had almost become caricatures of themselves. Sure they had that same look but everything was ramped up far too much.

But with that said, I feel like this is a change for the better. It’s what a majority of fans here in Australia have been after for a long time. I think the cars still look distinctive too, but if they do have to make a change, I’d bring back the front bumper design, just mellowed out a bit, and rear wing designs based off of the BA/BF VY/VZ wings, just smaller.

Back