2022 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 724 comments
Yeah but hopefully the new owners do one thing, well many things but we need to bring back the V8 to the name.

When you think of Supercars you think of Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, etc. Not V8 powered touring cars sure we do but i hope you get my point.

It's a simple fix. V8 Supercars Championship powered by Repco.

Last edited:
I think they dropped it back when there were plans to bring other engines into the frame (like the TT V6 that got far) but now that they are sticking with the V8's, they should bring it back.
For sure. They tried to cater as you mentioned, but in that, it lost a bit of the identifier. Yet, people still called it “V8s”. I know I still do.

Edit: QR renders

Last edited:
Happy for Lee. Travesty he wasn't on the grid last season. Though, having said that. I was wishing that he was going to stay with Chaz and WAU for the foreseeable future. :lol:

Tander or Lowndes back at Walkinshaw now. Well, I can dream at least anyway.

Brenton Grove confirms that Matt Payne will be full time in '23. Which one of Reynolds or Holdsworth makes way then? You'd assume Holdsworth but aside from his podium at Sandown, Reynolds hardly set on the world on fire last season. Interesting to see which way they go.

The joint looks different from two years ago. People walking from the interchange and taking the tram, won’t know the place. ;)

Little bit of interesting speculation on some sponsor movements for this season. Think whoever does WAU's liveries is going to have their hands full with Optus colors on Chaz's car and Truck Assist (their liveries have been hit and miss for me, since they entered the series), on Percat's.

Little bit of interesting speculation on some sponsor movements for this season. Think whoever does WAU's liveries is going to have their hands full with Optus colors on Chaz's car and Truck Assist (their liveries have been hit and miss for me, since they entered the series), on Percat's.
Yeah I'm not to keen on a Optus livery. And yeah the Truck Assist liveries have been hit or miss for me Holdsworth's 2020 livery was the best though pretty plain.

Remember the last time we had an Optus car?
LRT4_AMcConvilleAGP2001Cov.jpg

Interesting livery to say the least.

Last edited:
Remember the last time we had an Optus car?
View attachment 1102980
Interesting livery to say the least.
Well it probably wouldn't resemble the colours of Optus at the time which would be similar to now. It would be the Landsvale (i think that's how you spell it) colours. But i hope Mostert's livery is good one. And Walkinshaw don't usually disappoint with their liveries well... other than Mega livery which didn't even last a season.

other than Mega livery which didn't even last a season.
To be fair, that didn't have anything to do with Walkinshaw. Mega Fuels themselves just ran out of cash and ended up going into receivership halfway thru the year.

The only real stumble livery wise for me in recent years was Mostert's livery to start the 2020 season. Not sure what they were thinking with that one. :yuck:

Last edited:
With the BBL having three teams struggling to field teams due to covid. I just wonder what's gonna happen with this season. I don't think we'll have a stoppage to the season, don't hold me to it. Let's just hope this season we can get through without any dramas.

edit: I did have a point or an idea but I've forgotten 🤣

Last edited:
With the BBL having three teams struggling to field teams due to covid. I just wonder what's gonna happen with this season. I don't think we'll have a stoppage to the season, don't hold me to it. Let's just hope this season we can get through without any dramas.
There's bound to be some Covid related dramas. Will Davison has got Covid ATM but there's gonna be more cases, and teams that struggle to field cars due to staffing issues at some stage I'd guess. I sure hope not though 🤞

Hopefully by the time the season starts we'll be past the peak of omicron. Fully expecting another interrupted season though, because apparently we can't have anything nice anymore. :indiff:

Edit: More sponsorship speculation. Vodafone back with T8 in a small capacity and Supercheap to WAU (which probably explains why they are selling Mobil Oils all of a sudden).

Last edited:
56 days to go, lots of construction in my neighbourhood. Lots can happen in a month. However, it is going to be tough to start the season.

Just when I was about to post that:

56 days to go, lots of construction in my neighbourhood. Lots can happen in a month. However, it is going to be tough to start the season.

Just when I was about to post that:
Yeah it's gonna be another tough year to get through. Hopefully when there is racing it's gonna be great.

Sounds like someone isn't happy.

A frustrated Adderton took to social media all but confirming the Vodafone announcement.

“People asking me, did Red Bull Ampol Racing and Vodafone force Broc Feeney to end our long-time relationship, the answer is YES,” Adderton wrote.

“Even though we supported the Triple Eight Race Engineering Super2 car last year, the Triple Eight management didn’t bother to pick up the phone and ask us if we’d be willing to support their team so we could continue our long-time relationship with Broc.
“We help kick start the careers of young drivers, support them when no one else will (looking at you Vodafone) and to have them steal them when they make it,” he continued.

“I have complete respect for Broc. He was put in a situation out of his control, but anyone who supports Triple Eight this year and/or Vodafone is only hurting young drivers coming through as why would we bother so show them they can’t treat people like this will ya.”
If it indeed went down the way Adderton describes, then that is extremely crappy. Guessing the Vodafone paycheck was too big to ignore though.

I can only suspect it was to make the Gen3 car look good In those Vodafone colors. Cant see why they’d comeback. Sure, Optus is on a big team’s car and Boost been getting air time, but Vodafone?

Yeah and also it's a big opportunity to get Your sponsors all over Broc, i know that sounds bad out of context. But with the potential of him becoming one of the big stars in the sport in the next few years spomsors will want to be on him and SVG while the team is finding a new identity. It's just how it is. Cash is king, it always has been and always will be.

Back