2022 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 724 comments
Red Bull Holden Tribute livery for Adelaide. A little underwhelming, if I'm honest. At first glance it just appears to be their normal livery, without the blue bits. Dunno just was expecting something a little more striking.

Triple-Eight-unveils-Supercars-Holden-tribute-livery.jpg

Nice that SVG is running the #1 though.

Last edited:
One thing I discovered after visiting Team 18 is that Charlie Schwerkolt has owned the REC for car 18 since 2007 when it was with DJR, hence why the 2010 championship winner sits in the lobby. It also explains the team name.

So great to be watching coverage on the iPad while I’m working. But also bad because I could be there right now.

Looks like most of the grandstands have a lot less shade this year so I’m gonna be a real crispy boy by the end of the weekend.

So great to be watching coverage on the iPad while I’m working. But also bad because I could be there right now.
Yep, I've been loving watching my 75'' in my bar/entertaining area while frantically working on the kitchenette part to get it somewhat useable because as I'm not able to attend I'm having friends over (I'd previously planned on Christmas being it's first entertaining event). Grouting the tiles, silicone on all edges/joints, cupboard doors and drawer alignment and handles install yesterday :crazy:

Any guesses to the theme we're going for?
20221201_181043.jpg

Yes that's right, it's chess :P;)

Looks like most of the grandstands have a lot less shade this year so I’m gonna be a real crispy boy by the end of the weekend.
Yeah, I noticed that too. The whole of the start finish grandstand has lost it's shading :crazy:. Slip slop slap... and hydrate (beer is hydration, right?).

I just hope these cars will be great for racing when everything is complete for them to race in March. Just put them on a track with Super2 drivers and let them blast around QR or something for the day and make sure they’re better then what we have now.

I just hope these cars will be great for racing when everything is complete for them to race in March. Just put them on a track with Super2 drivers and let them blast around QR or something for the day and make sure they’re better then what we have now.
They need to be driven head to head in proper race conditions for sure. Let SVG and Cam Waters (or WD) have a full on crack at each other in them. How else will they be able to tell how close the parity really is? Cutting laps, VCAT and following each other around is nowhere near good enough, especially with the inexperienced drivers they're mostly using.

Incoming skepticism alert!

I don't trust Adrian Burgess to run this parity process one bit. He's the same guy that admitted they went to far penalizing the Mustang and that the ZB did have an 'slight' aero advantage, and that he would do nothing about it. Yeah, a slight aero advantage that gave them an substantial tyre wear advantage.

I'm not the least bit surprised that Burgess is happy while Ford are not.

... Also, this is very concerning.

''It's understood that, as the regulator for the series, Supercars can approve the aero even if the manufacturers don't sign off on it as well.''

Edit: So is this (also on aero).

''In meetings since then Ford has requested additional data for its own analysis.''

Why aren't both sides (and by that I mean every team as well as the homologation ones) given access to all of the aero data? More engineers having access means more big brains involved in the process to my way of thinking :confused:

If they don't get this right Ford will leave and Supercars will have nothing!

Last edited:
Gutted for Pye. He legit could have won today.

Edit: WAU 1-2. Please tell me I'm not dreaming.

Last edited:
Bit better feeling in that garage after the race, I would imagine. :lol:
Haha I can only imagine.

But yeah, that was a fantastic race. The new surface really threw a curveball at the grid. You can’t blame anyone for the mistakes made during the race, it must’ve been like ice off of the racing line, then you add in the heat on top of that.

What the hell was Fullwood thinking? Come on mate, my guy had a chance to win the damn thing! Anyway, at least Walkinshaw got a 1-2 for the first time in Adelaide. That's still crazy to think about after all these years.

Yeah, looooong time. Good to see Courtney get a podium too.

As for the Gen3 cars, Newcastle is a tighter circuit, but maybe is a good test before going all out at Adelaide next year.

SVG is going to win this race anyway. Everyone else shooting themselves in the feet, is just making it too easy for him.

Edit: Maybe not.

Last edited:
SVG was certainly in win it or bin it mode. Those Mustangs just can’t hold on to their tyres which made it easier on him too.

Back