2022 Touring Car Discussion Thread - TCR, BTCC, etc.Touring Cars 

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
VulcanSpirit
Last edited:
Trio of recent TCR-specific developments.

Team Engstler to field two Civic TCRs in WTCR this year. Drivers for the four-strong Honda line-up are confirmed to include Tiago Monteiro, Attila Tassi (both Engstler), Esteban Guerrieri and Nestor Girolami.

Plug-in mild hybrid kits confirmed for TCR by the WSC Group.

Key information from the official website:
  • 20-30 kW (24-40bhp) boost via regenerative braking.
  • Aimed to be offered at an 'affordable price'.
  • Can be installed in existing TCR machinery, including 'second or third hand' cars.
  • Development tests set to be completed by the end of January; series tests remain possible subject to initial performance and reliability.
  • Scheduled to be ready by 2023; championships using this system will be renamed HTCR.

TCR Italy announce their 6-round 2022 season calendar:
  • 22/24 April - Monza
  • 6/8 May - Imola
  • 3/5 June - Misano
  • 15/17 July - Mugello
  • 2/4 September - Imola
  • 16/18 September - Vallelunga

A YouTube channel I am subscribed to did a documentary about one of their friends driving at the Petit Le Mans Pilot Cup support race last year in a Veloster N TCR. And it came out pretty damn good. The production quality that these guys put out is incredible. Highly recommend watching this piece!

Last edited:
Read on Autosport that Clelland and Leslie are dragging their old 1990's super touring cars out of retirement for a few support races. Hopefully it's going to be a well supported grid.
Does anyone have any ideas which rounds they'll be racing ?

Read on Autosport that Clelland and Leslie are dragging their old 1990's super touring cars out of retirement for a few support races. Hopefully it's going to be a well supported grid.
Does anyone have any ideas which rounds they'll be racing ?
Unlikely to be Leslie, the poor fellow. I'd guess Anthony Reid?

Edit: just checked, yes, Reid. Colin Turkington too

Last edited:
Interesting move from Lloyd; he did seem to get more out of the Astra than Plato by last season's end, so I'm curious to see what PMR's plans are for the year ahead.

Can only be a good thing for EXCELR8, as they now have two proven title challengers if we add Lloyd's TCR experiences to the equation.

Agreed, the prospect of Lloyd and Ingram in the Hyundai's makes for a strong pairing in itself. His full campaign last year showed he more than had what it takes, driving the ageing PMR Astra.

Speaking of which, it makes things intriguing with regards to PMR. Least of which with their driver lineup, in terms of what Plato will do. And secondly, a new car must be due soon, seeing as the Mk6 Astra was released last year. And their Mk5 is showing its age now.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Yeah. There’s another driver in one of the other MPC Audis. Don’t think there’s room for Chaz now.

Stan. covered of TCR is about to begin. At the moment, S5000 and Trans Am qualifying are on.

Edit: Good stuff by the RS3 LMS. Hondas had better speed than last year. More competitive field than last year as well.

Last edited:
Figures, I subscribe to Motorsport.tv so I can keep watching TCR Australia and the stream has decided it just doesn't want to work for Race 2. Edit: It was never fixed and now they have removed it from the website completely. 😒

Last edited:
Figures, I subscribe to Motorsport.tv so I can keep watching TCR Australia and the stream has decided it just doesn't want to work for Race 2. Edit: It was never fixed and now they have removed it from the website completely. 😒
Mate, when are you going to just move to Australia? 😆

Latest Posts

Back