2023 Chevrolet FNR-XE: a sleek, muscular Tesla Model 3 competitor?

United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey, USA
The Chevrolet FNR-XE concept has been officially unveiled in China. Officially a concept, but likely to spawn a production version we only hope isn’t watered down too much, the EV is a sporty four-door coupe with broad shoulders, wide hips and a pinched waist that emphasizes its muscularity.

Though this is our first glimpse of the concept, GM alluded to it previously when it mentioned a “pretty dramatic low roof” Chevrolet “Car-D” sports sedan during a presentation on future product. It described the FNR-XE as being made primarily for China but didn’t exactly rule out sales in other markets, though unlikely that it will be offered in the United States.

GM confirmed it will launch 15 EVs across its brands by 2025, each one based on its Ultium battery technology. The Cadillac Lyriq SUV already uses Ultium tech, and while others may stay in China, some, including the Buick Envista and Electra will come to the U.S. and have already been snapped testing on American roads. It sounds like Chevrolet, and Chevrolet fans might have to wait patiently for its new range of EVs to hit the market, however. While sister brand Buick's new lineup will start rolling out in the first half of 2023, Chevy’s offerings won’t appear until around a year from now.

from Carscoops

1669664144934.png

1669664163416.png

1669664177787.png

1669664195671.png

Not bad. Seems like a cool car.
I am getting some Performance Z vibes from that rear, the hood, the grill intake, the chrome window lining 🤣

Jerome

It described the FNR-XE as being made primarily for China but didn’t exactly rule out sales in other markets, though unlikely that it will be offered in the United States.
Oh, thank goodness. For a second there I was worried we might get something from GM that was actually fresh and interesting, and not just an existing vehicle with batteries and wheel motors hastily crammed into it's aging platform.

I'm not seeing anything particularly 'sexy' about that styling or shape. It looks pretty average 4-door midsized sedan/saloon to me.

Last edited:
I gotta be honest, I really do like Chevy's design language for the past couple years. Pains me to say it but it's true. It's bold, tough, powerful, American. It's got just enough of Chevy's retro cues to keep it consistent, like the crease down the center, the Camaro-like band up front, and the shark nose.

Unfortuntely they're crap in various other ways but the exteriors are sick.

Back