2023 FIA World Endurance ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter suomi1
  • 984 comments
That’s crazy. Thought he’d be in a Porsche, but I guess he couldn’t pass up this drive.
In an interview at the Dubai 24, he said he's signed up with GM and even moved to the US to be closer. He still runs Porsches through EBM.

He'll be in the 02 for the Rolex 24 before competing full time in the WEC.

Last edited:
Wow what a beautiful field. :bowdown:

Also CORVETTE RACING - Ben Keating That cant be the official team right? This driver ben keating I see him driving for a different team each year. :lol:

That is THE official team. This is the final year for the GTE spec cars in AM so there's a car over there doing the full season in class.

Last edited:
It seems increasingly likely that the Super Sebring weekend may go back to being just IMSA. Honestly I wouldn't blame the WEC for looking elsewhere for their U.S. round considering no matter how much they try billing it as co-headlining the fact their race is on a Friday will always make it feel like a support race (I know that's not their stated reason, but I think it's pretty obvious that it's at least one of the bigger issues). The worst part is I'd imagine CoTA and Indy are the only real alternatives, granted Indy would be nice for purely selfish reasons but neither strike me as great replacements for Sebring.

Last edited:
It seems increasingly likely that the Super Sebring weekend may go back to being just IMSA. Honestly I wouldn't blame the WEC for looking elsewhere for their U.S. round considering no matter how much they try billing it as co-headlining the fact their race is on a Friday will always make it feel like a support race (I know that's not their stated reason, but I think it's pretty obvious that it's at least one of the bigger issues). The worst part is I'd imagine CoTA and Indy are the only real alternatives, granted Indy would be nice for purely selfish reasons but neither strike me as great replacements for Sebring.

That's exactly how I saw it. The first time I heard this I thought WEC has always felt like they are a support race. I know Penske really wants to get a WEC race at Indy but given the choice I would rather see them race at COTA. The time of year pretty much rules out anywhere else. If it could be during warmer weather I would really like to see them go to Road America.

That's exactly how I saw it. The first time I heard this I thought WEC has always felt like they are a support race. I know Penske really wants to get a WEC race at Indy but given the choice I would rather see them race at COTA. The time of year pretty much rules out anywhere else. If it could be during warmer weather I would really like to see them go to Road America.
I don't think Road America has the space that Sebring or Indy (At least I believe so) has to host two big events like that (Outside of the Grand Am/ALMS weekend, which only worked because both series had pitiful entry numbers that only served to highlight just how sorely needed the merger was)

Last edited:
The time of year pretty much rules out anywhere else. If it could be during warmer weather I would really like to see them go to Road America.
With Qatar becoming the first race of the season in '24 I'm sure they wouldn't mind moving the U.S. date to later in the year. Presuming the rest of the calendar stays the same I could see them wanting to slot it either after Monza (which would work nicely for the IMSA Road America weekend since the WEC has nothing during August) or Fuji.
I don't think Road America has the space that Sebring or Indy (At least I believe so) has to host two big events like that (Outside of the Grand Am/ALMS weekend, which only worked because both series had pitiful entry numbers that only served to highlight just how sorely needed the merger was)
Paddock space wouldn't be an issue as they regularly fit 5 series' for the IMSA weekend and still have plenty of room for all the other stuff you'd expect (sponsor tents/hospitality, merch booths, concessions etc...).

The only real issue I can see with Road America is it's location as while it's not really in the middle of nowhere, it's also not conveniently located to a major city either. Granted I also have no clue if that's a requirement so I could very well be wrong on this being an issue (and I wouldn't complain if I was).

If WEC pulls out of Sebring then it wouldn't be a double header anywhere else either so the WEC would be a solo event which I think is what they want.

Jimmie Johnson, Mike Rockenfeller and Jenson Button will be behind the wheel of the NASCAR Garage 56 effort. Very solid lineup.
My favorite bit is that Jordan Taylor is their driver coach! He was beyond humble about it, which I like.

Non hybrids are screwed for Spa, Isn't it? About same power and weight without instant torque.
  • Spa 2022: Glickenhaus 1030 kg / 910 MJ - Toyota 1070 kg / 898 MJ
  • Spa 2023: Glickenhaus 1030 kg / 913 MJ - Toyota 1043 kg / 904 MJ

I don't know how the 190 km/h thing for hybrid power activation will play at Spa, but it looks like you're right. At least for those two who are the only one we can compare.

After the changes made by Toyota for Monza 2022 we had:
- Glickenhaus 1030 kg / 921 MJ - Toyota 1071 kg / 905 MJ

And it was the sole race where the SCG 007 was way over the field. Even if Toyota GR was a bit in the dark about its new config.

Disappointed in how predictable the Hypercar results were in testing.

Hopefully Toyota isnt so far ahead in the real race next week
Its as if they are the only big manufacterer that's using a car that's run for multiple seasons while everyone else hasn't.

Back