2023 FIA World Endurance ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter suomi1
  • 984 comments
Just finished watching Hyperpole. That was cool. Looking forward to the race. Glad it’s on Stan.Sport.

Just finished watching Hyperpole. That was cool. Looking forward to the race. Glad it’s on Stan.Sport.
Being able to watch a proper broadcast again in Australia is brilliant. I'll be watching the race all afternoon on Sunday.

For those in Europe I bit the bullet and went with Discovery+ (6 euros for the month), since I recently removed Eurosport 2 from my TV subscription and most of this year's Le Mans is on 2 rather than 1.

Quality is good. Lack of adverts (compared to Eurosport TV) is awesome.

As for the race: Ferrari only has a small lead over Toyota in my opinion. Hyperpole's last minute red flag screwed up the qualifying. So for me it's all to play for, reliability will win versus speed as always.

My personal favourite hypercar is the Peugeot because of the lack of huge rear wing. It looks really neat.

Being able to watch a proper broadcast again in Australia is brilliant. I'll be watching the race all afternoon on Sunday.
As a teenager I could only dream of even a brief mention of the race on the late night news (back when Leigh Diffey would host Sports Tonight on channel 10).

Also big shout out to Stan for having a skip intro button on the WEC and Indycar broadcasts which skip right to the race start.

Last edited:
I didn't know I still had a Motortrend+ subscription until about a month ago when it renewed and I guess I could watch it on PC without the commercials but I still want to watch on my "55 tv so I guess I'll suffer through it on the regular Motortrend tv channel. I'm sure be the 2nd hour I'll already be tired of the same Motortrend program commercials that are on an endless loop.

Ferrari on pole. AF Corse schooling Scuderia Ferrari.

Still Toyota are the favourites but as a Ferrari fan it was exciting seeing Ferrari take pole.

Now the big one which is the 24 Hour race. Man anything can happen!!

Its game time.

Last edited:
Ferrari on pole. AF Corse schooling Scuderia Ferrari.

Still Toyota are the favourites but as a Ferrari it was exciting seeing Ferrari take pole.

Now the big one which is the 24 Hour race. Man anything can happen!!

Its game time.
On paper at least, it's set to be the most interesting LM24hr there's been for a good few years 👍

Much as I'd like to see Ferrari win, Toyota, Cadillac and Porsche are the only cars to complete 24 races.

Last edited:
I didn't know I still had a Motortrend+ subscription until about a month ago when it renewed and I guess I could watch it on PC without the commercials but I still want to watch on my "55 tv so I guess I'll suffer through it on the regular Motortrend tv channel. I'm sure be the 2nd hour I'll already be tired of the same Motortrend program commercials that are on an endless loop.
If you have a smart TV, you should be able to cast to it from a phone

Alpine A424 Beta

1686328609058.png

1686328614435.png

1686328619062.png

1686328625669.png

(Yes, those are Alpine logo taillights)

The French manufacturer revealed the A424 Beta in a special press conference on Friday morning at the Circuit de la Sarthe ahead of this weekend's Le Mans 24 Hours.

Based on the next-generation ORECA LMP2 chassis, the new car will be powered by a 3.4-litre, single-turbo V6, bolstered by the standard rear-axle hybrid system common to all LMDh cars developed by Bosch, Xtrac and Williams Advanced Engineering.

The type number follows Alpine's traditional three-digit system beginning with a '4', with the '24' signifying the date it will make its race debut.

Toyota GR H2 Racing Concept

1686328793144.png

1686328802265.png

1686328808496.png

Toyota has become the first manufacturer to reveal a concept car for the new hydrogen prototype class that is set to be introduced in the World Endurance Championship from 2026.

The GRH2 follows a series of other models Toyota has created for the top-class of the WEC and its presentation comes after comments from technical director Pascal Vasselon on Thursday that a win for a hydrogen car in 2026 "should be feasible".

Although Toyoda has suggested the hydrogen car will race, the Japanese manufacturer has stopped short of making any firm commitment just yet.

ACO has announced that for 2024 onwards, the LMP2 class will no longer be part of the WEC grid, but it'll still be part of the 24 Hours of Le Mans

The World Endurance Championship has officially announced the LMP2 class will no longer feature on the grid in 2024 as it moves to a two-class structure.

Only Hypercars and LMGT3 machinery will be eligible to enter the WEC next season, with the long-standing LMP2 class a casualty of growing demand for grid slots in the rejuvenated top category.

The impending arrival of Lamborghini, BMW and Alpine in the top class for 2024, as well as boutique marque Isotta Fraschini, is expected to result in a top-class entry of up to 20 cars next season, with the full entry currently standing at 38 cars.

However, series organiser the Automobile Club de l’Ouest announced during its official press conference on Friday morning that a “minimum” of 15 slots on the grid will be reserved for the category for the Le Mans 24 Hours, as first signalled last December.

WEC website and App are showing all upcoming Le Mans streams in French only. No English streams visible at all.

WEC website and App are showing all upcoming Le Mans streams in French only. No English streams visible at all.
WEC app/site has had issues all week, seems they vastly underestimated demand. First half hour of FP1, stream barely worked at all.

It's definitely a bug, I watched previous sessions in english and the options were there. There's probably some maintenance happening in the back end and I'm sure it'll be fixed for tomorrow.

On that note, the Eurosport stream on Discovery+ has an audio option I never expected: "ambient".
You basically only get car noise, no commentators. Of course, you can always tune in to Radio Le Mans at that point.

On that note, the Eurosport stream on Discovery+ has an audio option I never expected: "ambient".
You basically only get car noise, no commentators. Of course, you can always tune in to Radio Le Mans at that point.
I used to use that back on the day. It was the only way to watch the whole race without breaks. It was tricky getting Radio Le Mans to match the picture and once you did it would get a spinny wheel and you had to do it all over again... Good audio from the cameras though. Loved the Aston Martin P1 car. What an engine it had.

1686348260990.png

Race Information​

Entrant Information​

Streaming Services​

Live Updates​

Last edited:
For USA if Motortrend is part of your cable or satellite tv package then the race will be on their channel with commercials. @Famine I didn't know if you meant the subscription was for their streaming website only.

To French speaking viewers :

In France, TV diffusion on L'Equipe (you'll miss some hours), stream on L'Equipe.tv, no subsription, free
In Europe/Australia, Eurosport (you'll have different language commentaries), subscription, not free
In Belgium, RTBF, I recommand it, it's free, and you have all 24h race (required a vpn :dopey:).

Last edited:
Lemans pass 10 euro
PROMOTION CODE: WEC24H2023
https://24h-lemans.tv/ (pay attention to geoblocks, it might be a thing??)

multiviewer.app has a beta, that works (i was one of the beta testers) with fiawec.tv
Multiviewer makes a race like this extraordinary

All the celebrities trying to show up at the new 'it' event ... eww
Yeah so many people faking interest in the ''newest thing'' is always cringe.

I just saw that Ferrari Hypercar did a 3:22 for pole, holy smokes that's fast. My own record in GT7 is 3:25 with the Peugeot 908 and that was so fast it felt cartoonish.- :scared:

Yeah so many people faking interest in the ''newest thing'' is always cringe.

I just saw that Ferrari Hypercar did a 3:22 for pole, holy smokes that's fast. My own record in GT7 is 3:25 with the Peugeot 908 and that was so fast it felt cartoonish.- :scared:
The 908 managed a 3:18 in real life. Insane speeds (also for the newer LMH which is 20% heavier and 30% down on power compared to the LMP1-H era)
How well does GT7 handle the hybrid power train?

Last edited:
I just saw that Ferrari Hypercar did a 3:22 for pole, holy smokes that's fast.
Given the GR010's managed front-row locks twice with high 23s/low 24s, and turned in another low 24 with the #8, it does somewhat lend credence to Akio Toyoda's scathing assessment of this year's BOP...

The 908 managed a 3:18 in real life. Insane speeds (also for the newer LMH which is 20% heavier and 30% down on power compared to the LMP1-H era)
How well does GT7 handle the hybrid power train?
There's some strategy involved.
You have to ride the brakes at certain points to maximize the hybrid boost.
(In GT7 that is)

Last edited:
Back