Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 9,859 comments
Was it just a rumor that this year was supposed to mark the return of the FIAGTCs versus a second season of the GTWS? Maybe I just heard a vague "in the future" or "soon" regarding this topic, rather than anything more concrete.

Was it just a rumor that this year was supposed to mark the return of the FIAGTCs versus a second season of the GTWS? Maybe I just heard a vague "in the future" or "soon" regarding this topic, rather than anything more concrete.
Neither, really:

Another practice race this morning, starting at the back of 20 cars. The tires didn't really last any longer, just a bit, but I feel you can drive this on the red as long as you keep your cool and don't overdrive; those that don't practice on tire wear might be in for a big surprise and give free positions (or take you with them, stay alert!). I might try a pit this evening but I'll probably do a no stop for the 16 laps in GT2.

For anyone interesting in running a GT Planet livery tomorrow, I've ported my SF19 Honda one over to the new car, you can grab it from here.

Fwfn7dqX0AMDe3Z.jpg

Fwfn7NnXwAIocar.jpg

Fwfn4E9WcAIDvd4.jpg

Fwfn41KWcAAWRfu.jpg

Fwfn4juX0AI9vTq.jpg

GT3 - DR E

Other than being a pretty low scoring race, I'm very pleased with my result. This was my first out right win in sport mode.

I practiced a few laps with each of the rentals to see if there were any I preferred, ultimately decided on the '16 NSX.

Qualified pole position, about 1 second ahead of P2.

Started on medium tires, I figured a good pit strategy would be either pit for softs on lap 12 or 15 depending on degradation.

At the race start, I lost a couple positions on the first lap. Working from P3, I just kept the pace up. Around lap 3, P2 spun out in the 3rd sector for an easy overtake. Kept hunting for P1. After watching the replay, I found out the current leader was on softs, so I wasn't too surprised he pulled away in the beginning. But by the end of lap 5 I was behind them down the main straight. I had noticed that they generally were braking too early, so into turn 1 I hit the brakes a little after him and attacked the apex for a clean pass.

Kept the lead pretty well after that, my pace was consistent and the medium tires lasted well to the end of lap 14 when I decided to pit for the soft tires. From then on it was setting fastest lap until the end. My fastest ended up being about .4 seconds faster than anything in practice.

1882aa064ca90-screenshotUrl.jpg

Did some laps around Deep Forest in the SF23. I think it's a fun combo... to TT. It'll likely be chaos during the race. But the SF is so much better than that Toyota Hybrid around Deep Forest.

Put in a 1:11.2 which I think is decent. Lap felt okay but it's tricky to get everything right.

Resized_20230519_162233.jpeg

Another practice race this morning, starting at the back of 20 cars. The tires didn't really last any longer, just a bit, but I feel you can drive this on the red as long as you keep your cool and don't overdrive; those that don't practice on tire wear might be in for a big surprise and give free positions (or take you with them, stay alert!). I might try a pit this evening but I'll probably do a no stop for the 16 laps in GT2.
Interesting to see, as most peoples' tires we barely making it 12 laps from what I saw earlier (was watching Digit and ImMullet stream). So you think going four laps on dead red tires is better than doing a 8/8 split (or even a 7/9 for the undercut)?

Last edited:
Interesting to see, as most peoples' tires we barely making it 12 laps from what I saw earlier (was watching Digit and ImMullet stream). So you think going four laps on dead red tires is better than doing a 8/8 split (or even a 7/9 for the undercut)?
Maybe? I think I'll time a pit stop this evening (anyone know how long they are?). But it was, to my surprise, actually driveable although losing ~4secs on the last 2 or 3 laps. And then there is the real-human factor that I can't gauge. You'll be hard pressed to defend or push on those tires.

I am curious to see whether it makes sense for me to take part in the Super Formula event. I have done some practice laps, and thanks to practicing in the Olympic Time Trial, it seems manageable. However, I don't think I will be able to compete cleanly against other humans. I haven't even been able to complete an offline event in Super Formula because of how difficult it is to drive these cars.

PHG_Papa already mentioned in a stream that he is not keen on participating in this event. He is at the same skill level as me, but he said he would take part if his followers insist.

Last edited:
Think a pitstop will be worth it in GT2. In practice the right rear was dead red after 13 laps. Car was driveable for last 3 laps but had to be very careful through any quick S bends, losing too much time. I think a 10/6 should work, let you really push at the end on low fuel - especially if you’ve saved a bit of nitro.

Think a pitstop will be worth it in GT2. In practice the right rear was dead red after 13 laps. Car was driveable for last 3 laps but had to be very careful through any quick S bends, losing too much time. I think a 10/6 should work, let you really push at the end on low fuel - especially if you’ve saved a bit of nitro.
Ahh yes. Save the Nitro 🙄
I did custom race and was hoping it topped off while getting tires and fuel
Not so lucky….

Neither, really:

I have a feeling the changes been made to the GTWS this year all point towards an FIA return.
It just seem odd that GT1 leagues all have there own set of rules and different race settings. Plus what with the new physics and tyre model (especially) makes me question has, this all been done to please the FIA and bring the game on par with the FIA esports rules?

Maybe? I think I'll time a pit stop this evening (anyone know how long they are?). But it was, to my surprise, actually driveable although losing ~4secs on the last 2 or 3 laps. And then there is the real-human factor that I can't gauge. You'll be hard pressed to defend or push on those tires.
13 seconds with no fuel according to our own Mistah MCA.
You should check out his most OK guide :)

Both no stop and 1 stop came in at nearly the same overall time. Less drama with a 1 stop.

13 seconds with no fuel according to our own Mistah MCA.
You should check out his most OK guide :)

Both no stop and 1 stop came in at nearly the same overall time. Less drama with a 1 stop.
Yeah, I just ran a pit stop and overall race time was 18secs faster using the 1-stop. There are a lot of variables, I started at the back of 20 cars and my clean laps are not really consistent here (and I've had more practice). But without a clear advantage to no-stop, it does seems risky. (Forgot I had nitro, so didn't use it in either race!)

I have never practiced for a race as much as I did for tomorrow's Super Formula event. For first time, took part in Multiplayer (as opposed to Sport). Raced with PHG_Papa and many forum members here. My observation as a B (2/3 way) driver who uses DS5 controller and only uses ABS and TC regardless of car choice:
1. No pit stop is slightly faster.
2. (Related to first point above) Track position is king since overtake attempts are dangerous at curvy parts. Straights will likely see your overtake attempt nullified by nitro.
3. Once one tire goes red, I switch from TC2 to TC3. That made driving Super Formula on worn tires actually easier and more drama-free!
4. I am doing no stopper tomorrow (GT2).

Good luck everyone tomorrow, including me. Hope for incident-free race!

Last edited:
I have to apologise for my internet connection making me invincible today. I was basically racing by myself but no one post-race believed me until now. This shows you that GT7 is still broken.

Mate, maybe quit then instead of ruining everybody else’s race? Or at least apologize to the lobby? You killed at least 5 of us and then finished second without any word of apology.

Was this all race? Could you hear the crashes? Can you post video of the first few turns?

Last edited:
Mate, maybe quit then instead of ruining everybody else’s race? Or at least apologize to the lobby? You killed at least 5 of us and then finished second without any word of apology.

Was this all race? Could you hear the crashes? Can you post video of the first few turns?
Yes, practice, qualifying and the whole race. I could not hear or see any punts cos everyone was dead on my screen. I’ve just turned off my PS5 so I can’t give you earlier footage.

I’m not coming back on tonight for your relief, cos it might happen again.

Euro GT2, very very low B. Used Mercia’s livery.

Was going ok in qualification, on for a top 10 on my 3rd lap but shunted off by someone rejoining after a spin. Am I the only one who waits for clear space in that situation? Their lap was ruined anyway and time was up. No apology of course.

Started P13, didn’t react for the lights and ran wide at turn 1. DFL. Back up to P11 after lap 1 due to carnage. A few good laps, managed a nice pass on the inside in sector 2 between the tunnels. Shunted off and spun next lap. Lost 12 seconds. No apology or waiting.

Decided at that point to switch to the no-stop as too far behind. Managed to get to the line. Right rear went full red on lap 13 but manageable. Left rear died on last lap and the car was almost undriveable, even with max TC. Just about held it together for P12.

Overall it went ok. Had midfield pace which is all I want. Without the spin could’ve been around 8th. Not sure if I have time to go again today.

Good luck out there. People have little control and no patience or manners, so it’s a real mess at times.

I was really fearing to dump ratings again with this race.
Wanted to try at least once, so I started on my main account which is lower rated at the Moment (1/3 B).

Managed to qualify P5 with a 1:12.7. Lost some places in the pushing on lap 1 but managed to keep the car on track at least.
Got back from P9 to P5 and stopped at Lap 8 for new tires. Came close to P3 but made some costly errors finishing in P4 10s behind P3. Race was 80pts worth, i got 63pts.

Second accounts race was worth 109pts. Qualified P3 with 1:12.3.
Rce was similar to the first one. Finished P4 for 93pts.

Done for today. Gonna enjoy the nice weather outside a bit.

EDIT:
Remark: Did both races with Brakebalance +5(rear) and with TC-set to 1 To gain consistence by trading speed.

Last edited:
I did my best lap ever during quali, so started P4. Spun during second lap: last. I gained some positions, but lost them serving penalties for punting twice one guy who was really REALLY slow at hairpins (I was in fact braking way earlier than usual because my plan was to overtake him at the exit). Finished 12th of 13 because one guy crashed at the last hairpin. No quitters.

Just done a GT2 race with all A ranked 'S' drivers and honestly probably one of the worst races I've experienced. Personally was way off the pace, fastest race lap was an 11.9...

Ran a no-stopper and was constantly dive-bombed into the first, last hairpins no space or care for contact at all.

Won't be doing another one today I think

I love this combo but may not be able to race it at all today. Between all three accounts (GT1 US, GT2 US, GT1 EMEA) none of the times line up for when I am available. I am half considering making an Aussie account just for some more time slots. :banghead:

I realize PD doesn't need to curtail around my schedule but on a Saturday I am most available in the morning. The EMEA has a 10:00 time but today that's even too late, especially since it's GT1 and will last much longer. The US GT2 doesn't start until 12:00 and the US GT1 is only 19:00, 21:00, and 23:00... which the 23:00 might as well not even exist as I'd be too tired and a liability.

(For those outside the US, the US is huge. So 23:00 for me is 20:00 for some, so I get having that late of a slot. Would just be nice if there were more than three for the GT1 crew.)

I might be able to squeeze at GT2 one in late afternoon but we shall see. At this point I'll just go outside and yell at the clouds.

hardware-cloud.jpg

Last edited:
I love this combo but may not be able to race it at all today. Between all three accounts (GT1 US, GT2 US, GT1 EMEA) none of the times line up for when I am available. I am half considering making an Aussie account just for some more time slots. :banghead:

I realize PD doesn't need to curtail around my schedule but on a Saturday I am most available in the morning. The EMEA has a 10:00 time but today that's even too late, especially since it's GT1 and will last much longer. The US GT2 doesn't start until 12:00 and the US GT1 is only 19:00, 21:00, and 23:00... which the 23:00 might as well not even exist as I'd be too tired and a liability.

(For those outside the US, the US is huge. So 23:00 for me is 20:00 for some, so I get having that late of a slot. Would just be nice if there were more than three for the GT1 crew.)

I might be able to squeeze at GT2 one in late afternoon but we shall see. At this point I'll just go outside and yell at the clouds.

hardware-cloud.jpg
Couldn't agree more, it could be so much better with even just 5-6 slots instead of the last 3 possible time slots in the day. (NA EST here 🥴)

I AM FUMING RIGJT NOW 🤬🤬

Just done the last GT2 AM slot. Car 2 in the lobby.

Quali - put it on P3

Race - TC1 with half revs and I fly off the line. Move into P1. Others behind obviously have the foot planted max revs and the car just goes round & round. I make the first mistake by completely forgetting to brake for a corner in the infield section and drop a few. Race goes on and nothing to really shout about, just keeping it steady and lap 9 I pit. I waiting for some midfield cars to pit so I had clean track ahead of me on the new softs. One car tried the no stop but the last 3 laps the car just dropped of the cliff and I was up to P2. Car behind was quick and I had pretty much settled for P3 as I knew the car behind would pass me on the straight but the car behind had other ideas! Lap 15 on the infield had a poor corner but coming out of the 2nd tunnel they stuck their nose into a gap that didn’t exist. Spun me round and I drop to 7th. That car just carries on a finishes P3. In the lobby after they just responded with “you was slow out of the tunnel” and then left the lobby. Obviously they didnt care about what happened. Found out they streamed on YouTube as they pit there YT tag, so checked out the stream and there response in the race was the same. They didn’t they did anything wrong.

P7 but should have been so much more. P7 was good for 90 points, but could have been 110 points. I won’t be going again, as I don’t think it’s worth going again for the extra 20 points. Shame as I enjoyed that race.

GT2 DR B lobby 1pm - 12 cars quit the race

Love to know people thoughts on this.

Last edited:
This turned out to be a fun combo to drive.. in time trial.. I'm sure we all knew the race itself was going to be a mess.

Qualified 13th as I ended up getting time penalties on two laps for going over that green tarmac on the exit of one of the tunnels, something I'd avoided fine in practice. Not too bothered as qualifying was going to be relatively moot once the race started as things descended into chaos.

And they sure did.

I basically went in with the mentality of someone putting a few coins in a slot machine, take it as it comes. I'll try and give space as far as I'm able to with the limited awareness I have and not try something silly that could take me out of the race - all the while hoping to come out unscathed myself.

I actually did, pushing up into 8th place as cars flew off and the race did space out and settle down around lap 3, at least where I was, enabling me to put in some solid laps and have a good battle with one or two around me without it meaning death for any of us.

Pitted lap 7, was going to go lap 6 but missed the turn off, it's not easy to judge in cockpit without risking picking up a 3 second penalty so hey ho. Was 10th going in, 7th when all was said and done.

I was able to push 6th place but never enough to challenge and fought off a late surge from 8th behind me to bring it home there.

Don't see a better race in me, in fact it could go much worse so taking those points and banking them. It's also beautiful outside and not the kind of day to stay indoors. Have a good one all :cheers:

20970859307871701.jpg

That is definitely a stupid place to overtake as you would be side by side through several fast corners.

What can be said: Considering how he is breathing down your neck, you do kind of open a gap needlessly in the tunnel.
If you had taken a direct line to the apex of the left, he would not have thought of putting his nose there probably.

I AM FUMING RIGJT NOW 🤬🤬

Just done the last GT2 AM slot. Car 2 in the lobby.

Quali - put it on P3

Race - TC1 with half revs and I fly off the line. Move into P1. Others behind obviously have the foot planted max revs and the car just goes round & round. I make the first mistake by completely forgetting to brake for a corner in the infield section and drop a few. Race goes on and nothing to really shout about, just keeping it steady and lap 9 I pit. I waiting for some midfield cars to pit so I had clean track ahead of me on the new softs. One car tried the no stop but the last 3 laps the car just dropped of the cliff and I was up to P2. Car behind was quick and I had pretty much settled for P3 as I knew the car behind would pass me on the straight but the car behind had other ideas! Lap 15 on the infield had a poor corner but coming out of the 2nd tunnel they stuck their nose into a gap that didn’t exist. Spun me round and I drop to 7th. That car just carries on a finishes P3. In the lobby after they just responded with “you was slow out of the tunnel” and then left the lobby. Obviously they didnt care about what happened. Found out they streamed on YouTube as they pit there YT tag, so checked out the stream and there response in the race was the same. They didn’t they did anything wrong.

P7 but should have been so much more. P7 was good for 90 points, but could have been 110 points. I won’t be going again, as I don’t think it’s worth going again for the extra 20 points. Shame as I enjoyed that race.

GT2 DR B lobby 1pm - 12 cars quit the race

I only know racing via video games, but that looked like pure BS (and not DR/SR) This is exactly the one thing I'm worried about here.

Also, seeing your lap times makes me think I'm not going to be very competitive here.

Last edited:
Back